Turn Up The Brightness On The Source Lightning Bolt!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Hi Devs,
    I love how the new, Zeus Lightning Bolt is bright and full, but it really highlighted how dim and thinned out the SM r30 reward was. A few friends/ league mates that ran SM for the reward were bummed to see the huge difference in appearance. Could you guys take a look at just giving it a little love? I really hope you guys can make this happen. I appreciate all the hard work you do, and look forward to a reply! Again great work on the new Bolt reward!

- Iconic Simulation

Zeus Lightning Bolt
    [IMG]

Source Lightning Bolt
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Jcal Dedicated Player

I counter your post with my "Please Turn DOWN the Brightness of the Zeus Lightning Bolt" post.

It is way too bright. The bloom is so intense, at times, you can barely make out any of the style's details. As evidenced by the Source Bolt, subdued lighting is best. ;)

Slightly related, just look at the history of Zeus' Heavenly Amulet (the orbital). That thing had to be tuned down because it went overboard. Old Zeus and his crazy styles always need to chill out, lol.
    • Like x 5
  3. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I still think the Source Lightning needs to be turn up a bit in brightness. If they feel they need to turn down the new Zeus Lightning bolt, it would still be brighter. They just need them to be at the same brightness.
    • Like x 1
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I'm hoping this can be possible soon. ;)
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

There's something to be said for subtly. Bigger, brighter, etc doesn't always equal better. I think the SM one looks better though the new one has an added effect at each end which is pretty cool.
    • Like x 2
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I think it just needs to be a bit brighter, honestly it doesn't have to be as bright, but the new bolt is about 4x as bright, which shouldn't be the case. Remember, it's a special r30 SM reward, it's supposed to be flashy, we put much work in to wear that bling.
    • Like x 1
  7. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

The source lighting bolt has a lil more detail though and zeus lightning bolt doesn't have that detail. I dunno why you would complain about something as trivial like brightness.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I am grateful we can get a variant from the Survival mode, I think both looks great, one of my gripes with powersets and cosmetics as it is, is that there is too much going on for the eyes.
  9. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Or make them both battle reactive (start dim and brighten up in combat).
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Not a bad idea, but the SM bolt still needs a bit more brightness to it. Time will tell if the devs agree if something will be done, and how to go about it. But again, good suggestion nevertheless.
    • Like x 2