Share your bases

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jan 15, 2020.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I actually approach decorating like I do building something.

First: I start with what I want the room to look like (theme/layout). With different size rooms I’ll see higher limits as well since some rooms have different heights.

Second: At this point I start putting the major objects up. Things I know I want and where I want them. This can include walls, dividers, pillars. Anything that’s breaks up the rooms to the sections you will use.

Third: At this point I start looking through my base items and put out anything I think I could use for that room/theme. Things that will serve as the skeleton of the rooms. Things like couches, beds, statues, centerpieces. Anything that I feel belongs in the room.

Fourth: After I put out all the items I think I could use, I start arranging them to where they would look best.

Fifth: At this point I start detailing. I go back into my base items and see if there’s anything else I can use to continue to enhance the theme. Pretty much 3rd and 4th step but with smaller items that enhance what’s already there.
    • Like x 3
  2. Achikah All About That Base

Just finished a new base tour- King's Landing!

I named my Earth hybrid Valar Morghulis, thus I felt obliged to give her a Game of Thrones inspired base, or at least, as much as I could given the base layout and furniture the game provides. The tour starts a bit after the 2 minute mark if you want to skip the synopsis/introduction to The Game of Throne/ A Song of Ice and Fire universe.
    • Like x 4
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

Seeing some recent postings has made me motivated to pick up on my decorating again. :) After quite a while of being inactive to semi-active with the game, we finally have reached a time where we have a base item-increase to 700! Time to get to work. :cool:
    • Like x 4
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Recently, I have very little time to play ... I did not even start decorating the manor that I bought immediately after appearing in MP ... I only had enough time for one small base ... for a long time I could not think of applications for a small base , with a window to space, it's too small ... in the end, I got the command room of the techno magic star destroyer ... well, or at least it seems to me so ...

• Like x 4
  5. Achikah All About That Base

I really love the use of combining items in this one- especially the romantic sparking table with the alchemy one. Also, I don't think I've ever placed/seen a T-Sphere in a base before. The lightning effect is really cool!

Nice work!
    • Like x 1
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Thanks ;)
    There are too few interactive base items in the DCUO, and even those that are very peculiar ... but sometimes it is possible to successfully combine, as in this case ...
    As for the spheres, I noticed this effect when I updated my first base (it is in this thread, and of course it is on my channel (not hard to find, there are mostly only bases there;)),
    There I combined them with small Doomsday (they also interact with each other ...) ...
    • Like x 2
  7. Eve YouTuber

Yours and all the bases I've seen on Extra Life streams toured by Oceans inspired me and gave me so many ideas. Just need some specific seasonals to come around so I can actually get to work on them xD
    • Like x 1
  8. BSEison Well-Known Player

For me it depends on the theme I am going with and how much stuff I have for it. If I am just decorating a regular "home" for a character then I go room by room adding what I have for them until "finished" (I never feel like any base is actually finished). But if I am doing a theme (business, frozen, lantern, whatever) then I usually go item by item that I have that fits the style then try to figure out what else I can add.
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

Y'all I just want to say that I love all the bases I see on this thread, and honored you choose to share them on this thread.
    Keep up the good work and keep inspiring me and I am sure others too!

I can't wait to see the next lair we will get because it will open the door to more possibilities and themed bases. Also feel free to share your League Halls too. I will post a video of mine soon because I need some help with the theme and decorating it (Think I will need Items mostly from St. Patrick event)

But please keep sharing, ask for tips etc, this is why I made this thread and I want to keep it going strong. :D
    • Like x 3
  10. Achikah All About That Base

Just found/watched the updated base tour. Very cool as well, and cinematic with the opener. Nicely done. Seeing so many of the T-Spheres interact, I kinda wanna see if I can make a giant tesla ball with them and a Time Sphere...

Also, extra awesome for the Kansas vibes in that vid too. :cool:
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

I got some previous projects that needs to be finished, but I am currently having a blast decorating the Manor Lair!

I got a pretty cool concept at hand that I am working on, I just hope that 700 items will be enough to finish it the way I have in mind :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

How would you guys go about an outside base? No theme can really give that "Outside" feeling with the flooring and ceilings, and I really want to make a street-based base.

This is something I did a while ago that is basically a street during war and the resistance hideout:

I will reupload it since I uploaded it on my old PC and the quality is... awful to say the least.
    • Like x 1
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You can probably use any low color base. Maybe something like the cave? You’d have to do a few things thou. Cover the ceiling in oak/blossom canopies to cover the base style ceiling. Then you can use the dark stone wall and the wall that is covered by vines to simulate the outside of a building. Or you can use the base items that look like little houses. With lamppost to make a path. I think there’s a cobblestone pattern floor item. And since you have the ceiling covered in canopies you can use full oak/blossom trees to line up with the lamppost to make it look like a nature heavy village.
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

Thank you. Will definitely have to get the cave lair theme. Slacking behind with a few missing lair themes lol But hopefully we either get an "Outside" theme or base items that can make it look more outsidish?
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Something I’ve done is use the snow clouds just for the cloud ceiling. But it would be nice to get a sky base item or base without a ceiling. And it doesn’t have to be the cave theme. I’m sure a lot of bases can fit too. I’d just avoid bases like the penthouse or the other one that looks Asian themed. Since those brighter colors tend to clip through some base items like the leaves in nature themed items.

The cave base has a few places where you have to get creative thou because some walls can’t have items placed on them and in the back of the base there’s a cave texture which has weird base placements too
    • Like x 1
  16. Eve YouTuber

I will have to check it out. Think my friend gave me access to a empty Cave base so I will take a look on theirs before deciding if I am buying it. Maybe mixing it some Spring stuff could work?
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup, I had a hidden grotto type base before using the cave base. I used a lot of spring and summer base items. Mainly focused around trees, rain patches, mushrooms, and water. I accidentally took it down without a video since I thought I recorded it and I needed some of those base items lol. But by combining those items with housing items you can make it look like a park outside a building
  18. Achikah All About That Base

Love the resistance idea. That'll be a fun one to put together!

As for outdoor bases, I've made a few in varying themes, some of which are much harder than others to work with/manipulate. Like Deity said, the Cave Theme is a good one that has an outdoor feel given the cavernous amenity alcoves, but on the negative you also can't place things in said cave's walls or ceiling or the hallway which can break the immersion. I'd suggest the early bases, Gothic or Deco, just for placement options, leaning more towards Gothic since you want a resistance/noir sort of vibe, or that's what I picked up from the vid.

Greenery is by far the easiest to manipulate an outdoor space- oak/cherry blossom canopies for the ceiling, ivy for the walls, grass for the ground- however, if you want an more city-based exterior feeling, those wouldn't work for the entire base. What I've done in several bases is utilize varying walls for storefronts and customizing them with their own display windows, outdoor seating areas, and alleyways (Backalley Bewitchery I posted earlier in the thread has a town entrance to it for reference.) I've also done a nightscape base doing the same sort of storefront/shop layout while alternating sunshades and starfield windows for the ceiling to give a night market effect (I haven't uploaded this one yet, but I had Oceans tour it on the charity stream last weekend if the VOD's still up.) The one problem for this though, is when you put up a lot of ceiling items, the lighting becomes really dark and can obscure darker colored items and overshadow detail.

Hope that helps and can't wait to see the finished product! :)
    • Like x 2
  19. Achikah All About That Base

Since the devs re-released the Space base lair from the Extra Life stream, I thought this week I'd document/share what I created with it earlier this year- The Virescent Envoy!

Immediately when I saw the base, I knew I had to make a spaceship. It's a small scientific research vessel for the Green Lantern Corps occupied and manned by my Hardlight character, Willpower.
    • Like x 5
  20. Eve YouTuber

It was yours? Amazing! Thank you for the tips, I will see what I can do. You're super talented with bases!
    • Like x 1