Downtime Server Maintenance - November 4, 2021 - Game Update 118

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Game Update 118

All worlds will be taken offline at 5:30AM PT on November 4, 2021, for extended maintenance and Game Update 118. Downtime may last up to 10 hours.

Beyond the routine, this maintenance will add significant hardware upgrades to the servers, resolve recent marketplace issues with Allies, and of course include GU118.

GU118 features primarily under-the-hood improvements to server performance, stat scaling adjustments, and bug fixes.

The full update notes will be posted in the Live Update Notes subforum when available.

UPDATE: We have encountered several critical issues today with this update. We must extend the downtime estimate by 4 hours. We are now aiming to be back up by 7:30PM PT.

We are deeply sorry for this extended delay. BUT, when we go long, everyone gets free stuff. We'll share more information about a thank you gift once we're back up and know how long we went over.

UPDATE: All worlds are now online with a significant issue mitigated by this temporary change:
    • Players may not zone to the following areas:
      • Open World Areas
        • Central City Starro Deluge Zone
        • Chaos Gotham
        • Metal Gotham
        • BoP: Metropolis
        • Typhons Monster Invasion
      • Instances
        • Wastelands Wonderland
        • Necropolis: Relics of Urgrund
        • Operation: Love and War
        • Operation: Assault and Battery
        • Operation: Strike Team
        • Operation: Mist Recovery
    • Like x 20
  2. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

I wonder what the weekly bonuses will be this coming week....

Anywho, thanks for the heads-up.
    • Like x 3
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Wayne coins. He already updated current and upcoming events :)
    • Like x 3
  4. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I guess it's this:

• Like x 3
  5. Bobby Paul Well-Known Player

Thanks a lot for the short notice. You guys are horrible at this stuff. Seriously give us more then 12 hours notice!!!! So stupid!!!
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

What would you have done differently?
    • Like x 5
  7. Jcal Dedicated Player

Oh yeah! It's GoM time once again!!
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Thank you for notifying us ahead of time it is much appreciated! :D
    • Like x 6
  9. ChristianJsonDCUO New Player

You diss them even for a heads-up? They did nothing to you. You need to know better.
    • Like x 6
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

That's what she said!
    • Like x 4
  12. Augment789 New Player

He needs a week to get his affairs in order lol
    • Like x 2
  13. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Ok so its been down for 1 hour 15 mutes only 8 hours 45 or so to go. I think I will watch some Anime. It should be back up around midnight to 1 am CEST. I will get up early tomorrow. I hope it all goes smoothly Mepps and team.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

so 10 hours to fix yalls mistakes eh?
  15. WickedVile New Player

Please fix the lag in House of Legends.
    Thanks for the notification.
  16. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

In the Live Update Notes subform, you say:

"Daily Rewards
    • Daily Rewards Son of the Manta gearboxes can now be traded to other characters on the account."
    But what if you already salvaged it because you couldn't give it to any of your other alts?? I mentioned THIS VERY THING in the November survey.
  17. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I'd normally spend up to 10 hours refreshing this page to see when the game finally goes up. Not going to waste my time today though, I have more important things to do. Like refreshing the Extra Life donation page for a shot at an Oceans Boss Event.
    • Like x 3
  18. Ryll Committed Player

UI
    • New On Duty Menu will now show a Timer representing how long the player has been in-queue.
    Why? Instead of a timer how about making the role selection for the queue not only be on the first screen. If a player forgets to select the role(s) they wanted to queue for they have to go back to the start of menu to correct it. Having the role selection be apart of every page of the queue process would be far more useful than a silly timer showing how long we are waiting for the queue to pop.
    • Like x 7
  19. ExO LunG New Player

I checked it two days ago and I'm also in a Facebook group about DCUO they did give more than a 12 hour notice.
    • Like x 1
  20. DarthVader2093 New Player

WHY THE SERVER MATENINCE!?! i hate that stop this now!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1