What do you think of Omnibus now, since its release?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Looking back since its announcement and now being in it in real situation, what do you think of Omnibus now? Did you think the same when it was announced and before it happened or has your opinion changed?
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I think it's good for the new players. I've personally stopped running anything old. I used to constantly for random fun and I'm not truly against the clamp but since I don't need source or collections or styles, I don't need to go into something that could take an hour and not progress my toons in the slightest. I'm definitely playing less than ever in general but I am looking forward to the new dlc and getting back to how things were prior to this update.

I do think about starting another toon, probably one of my unused villains, and starting from scratch now tho that it would be like it was when I started 10yrs ago. We shall see.
    • Like x 3
  3. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Sincerely dislike the randomness of instances. On the other hand, it's saving me some $$ each month. So that's good for me.
    • Like x 5
  4. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

I dislike it. I have just about cleared the mission from all of my toons. After that is done I will not log the mission ever again.
    • Like x 4
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I would actually like it a lot more if it WAS random. I keep getting Phantom Zone for the alert over, and over, and over, and over and over.
    • Like x 8
  6. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

lol, I am corrected.
  7. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I don't run it unless league mates want help. Not only am I tired of old content and the tendency to get queued into repetitive content (fos3), there's the "me" problem of judging the pugs for generally not being very capable. Before stats clamp, I could dismiss it because they weren't needed to do damage to win the day, but now sometimes I'm competitive at damage as the healer. I get that pugs aren't supposed to be gods, but I feel like I'm carrying more than ever. I also never find a good moment to "help" anyone, as if telling people they need to completely change their rotations or abandon their artifact choices during the middle of a raid is ever helping anyone. Since I now need to rely on pugs to pull their own weight, I find myself saying I just don't have time for that, and while there's a seasonal right now and lots of alts to farm it, I don't have time for it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Its interesting, cause I've never failed an instance, never gotten the same one on omnibus. Then again, I haven't had time to do raids...so thats likely contributory. Ran an alert in 5 minutes yesterday iirc on a broken tv where I can barely see the game lol.
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

I still very much enjoy it, however they need to severely reduce the kick limit
    • Like x 3
  10. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

I like it a lot. It's fun to re-discover old raids I missed in my inactive phases without the boring facerolling. Seemingly all the things are kinda active now, so catching up on old collections, styles etc. is a great plus too.
    I was under the impression that they'd implement the ability to queue in with smaller than required groups. That would be the icing on the cake.
    I've met, recorded and reported a whole bunch of speed hacking loser aidsbags. And, maybe due to the recent cr skip, a ton of absolutely clueless and inefficient players as well.

Overall though, it's been great fun to me so far. :)
    • Like x 3
  11. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I guess it goes by how many players are que'd up for a certain instance manually or something because I get alot of the same instances most of the time, so I guess I can say for the most I do enjoy it, reasons being is it is something new in place that has a good foundation going for it imo.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Its definitely a positive addition to the game.
    • Like x 3
  13. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

It serves the intended purpose which was for people to be able to que something up without a long drawn out wait that often resulted in giving up and logging out. And it makes people play the older content and forces them to learn mechanics and team work. Feel bored? Que into omnibus, you'll find some action somewhere.
    • Like x 3
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

A forum user suggested AQS (Adjustable queue size) only reason why i disagree is because if players need less people to queue up, thatll remove player out of the queue pool entirely.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So 'feel bored...que into Omni'....then feel bored AND frustrated in many cases.

Personally I try to run it in a full group as much as possible to reduce the randomness of the runs but still collect the loot/reward box. When I do queue Omni, I know within 2-3 min if it's a bad run or not...sometimes it's within seconds depending on how long the group has been in there and how many staffing changes have already gone on.....if a 'bad' run, I'm out.

If I'm 'bored' I'll find a feat a need and try to build a group to run that...not run random stuff with random people.

I'm happy some people like the system, and for the people who don't know any better or have nothing to do, I get there is some value. I just don't see it for myself.
    • Like x 4
  16. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I'm totally unsubbed and don't see any reason to sub in the future outside of new powersets being added to the game. So. I'll continue to run new DLC content with my leaguemates as it comes out but I'm only doing it for social reasons with my friends and don't run older content to avoid using the new system.
    • Like x 4
  17. Yaiba Committed Player

I give up after the first week of omnibus, runs took ages to complete.
    • Like x 5
  18. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I would have been indifferent to it, other than the minor inconvenience it creates for getting to the 'onduty' menu. However, adding all the feats and StU makes me hate it. I'll never use it and I see it as an example of what pushed me away from the game in the first place. Pushing players into old content with repetitive grind feats, similar to LPvE.

The instances don't have descriptions or the stories they are a part of. It ruins the RPG element of the game and turns the content into a mindless grind. The game was intended to be played in episodes, along a story arc, like a comic book. Pushing players to endgame and then throwing random content at them completely disrespects the original concept of the game.
    • Like x 2
  19. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I don't run it. gave it a crack, didn't like it. fun fact: first raid I got queued in to was DWF. true story. never again. I ain't got the time or patience for all that old nonsense. I'm just running endgame on me mains, & different solo / open world stuff on me alts. it's all good.
    • Like x 6
  20. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Sorry that you are so depressed about it. Yeah, maybe omnibus is not for you.