High Kill Count (WE HATE IT!!!)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BaelinFishman, Oct 22, 2021.

1. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I don't know how to put things any simpler, we hate high kill count stuff. STOP IT!!! Its not fun, its not engaging. Its very much NOT fun, its very annoying, and its monotonous. I could go all the way back many many years, but I won't for the sake of simplicity. The feedback over those weekly missions that had you kill 500 of this, 420 of that, 303 of that other thing, 300 of the other other thing; was overwhelmingly negative. And when those were done away with player base liked it a bit more. Fast forward to Wonderverse where you (The dev team) not only double downed, you triple downed on the monotony and irritation, and it was even worse if you had alts you wanted to get the OP piece on. And don't get me started on Legion where it was 10x worse then Wonderverse as far as bounty grind goes. Then you release Flashpoint which wasn't as bad because bounties shortcutted the mission, but we still had to do 50x Doomday for the feat and 50x Paradox Princes and grinding different combos on the generals.

The point is the OVERWHELMING feedback is we hate this crap. After Legion launched literally everyone for the first 1.5-2 weeks of the DLC stated they hated the grind and not a single dev or Mepps responded to that feedback for more than a week.

Now we have to do 250 raids, alerts and solos? I don't give a damn if this crap is going to come back like an event, I still have to do it if I want the feat. Which means that even if they recycle something like Gates, or Prime or FoS3 or something like that I still have to farm a s**t ton of runs. And I cannot state this any more simpler WE HATE THIS S***. Its not fun for most if not all of your player base. High kill count stuff needs to go the way of the dodo and it needs to happen 3+ years ago. You have creative people that work for you, surely they can find a way to make things more engaging and fun.

Now on a personal note, I already find this game a chore after almost 11 years of play, I don't need more chores like high kill count stuff to do while doing my chores.
    • Like x 9
  2. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Just a thought, and feel free to ignore it.... how about you don't worry about the counter feats and just run what you like in the game? I mean, if the game has become a chore to you, then something is *seriously* wrong. It should be enjoyable. If it's not, you really ought to re-evaluate.

Personally, I ignore the counter feats entirely because I figure there's a chance I'll get them eventually if I play long enough. And if I don't, I guess I didn't need those feats.

I also really don't love any of the WW content just put into Save the Universe, so I probably won't be running them. Oh well. I suspect I'll be happier even if I don't hit any feats.

This game is what you make it. Don't turn it into a chore. Play what you enjoy.
    • Like x 15
  3. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I had a feeling someone was going to say something like this,but I had a bet going that it was going to be someone else saying it first. The point of the thread is that our feedback should mean something, but it apparently doesn't because they keep doing crap like this. The overwhelming feedback is negative, yet they keep doing it. Its no wonder this game is hemorrhaging players.
    • Like x 3
  4. Cordelia Well-Known Player

???

I feel like you are trying to say something here about the forum participants that is going over my head. I'll let you have your moment, except for one point. The game is not "hemorrhaging players" - the population of the game is increasing.

Beyond that, whatever. You aren't enjoying yourself, so I urge you to look at the game from a different perspective. Perhaps even take a short break if you need it. When a game that you are supposed to be using as a way to let off steam and have fun becomes something you describe as a "chore", you really need to step away and ask yourself why. As many other people are still having fun with the game, it cannot be "the devs" fault, at least not entirely. It appears to be something you want out of the game that it's not supplying. You might find a critical look at your own relationship with the game is in order.

But, again, you don't answer to me and you don't have to pay attention to what I say. I just don't like seeing people unhappy.
    • Like x 4
  5. SpyderBite Active Player

Instead of removing all the "monotonous" content; wouldn't it be easier to just implement this?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

My man, I feel your frustration..... I really do... BUT, you DO NOT speak for me. Dont do them. Like the other guy said.. But do not come on here and think for a second you speak for me by throwing around 'WE".
    • Like x 9
  7. Cordelia Well-Known Player

To be fair, he could be using the royal "we". As in "We are not amused!" I mean, no one on the forums can prove BaelinFishman isn't a king, right?
    • Like x 1
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Perhaps avoiding or outright ditching the "gotta get it all done NAOW!!!!" mentality that can get adopted might help.
    • Like x 4
  9. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

That's how it was when the content came out and a lot of players didn't like it then either.
    Don't expect them to change it either since the numbers are reflective of playing a week's worth of open world content of those Instances as Mepps and co. constantly threw back at us.
    If you want to burn thru it, call for help in lfg or get help via friends and leagues.
    Some are quite easy but a few are a pain to do but they aren't gonna change it.
    If anything, they are just going to add more counters in the next episode because people are complaining about the old stuff.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

They adjusted this and/or stopped doing them in more recent DLCs.

But they were designed to do as you are completing your daily content. If you are just wanting to do the weeklies, then you are going to have to kill everything at once.

So maybe pick up the dailies and do them each day?
  11. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Part of the problem is that they rush players to end game. Those repetitive feats have been accumulating for 10 years. If a player gets to endgame in a week or three, they likely haven't touched 75% of the content. Once a player realizes that they need to actually play the old content to accumulate feats, it's a daunting task.

Episodes and their feats are designed to keep end-game players busy for months. The grind is mitigated by obtaining new gear at the same time. Having all 10 years worth of content available too quickly is bound to look like an unfair grind for new and returning players.

Feats are the main things that players do in game once max CR is achieved. For solo gameplay the open world feats are the easiest to start with. And, every open world has the same mindless weekly and daily grinds. It's easy to understand why people don't like it, when they're staring down a dozen or more open worlds.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Well, we didn't like them when they were new. LoL They continued them up to about E3 I think. Then brought it back in metal. But yeah, players voiced their distaste for them back then. But in that regard, it was because players felt compelled to do it because there were a few OP collection pieces that were in them and the farm was annoying to replay.
    • Like x 1
  13. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I agree that high kill count stuff is daunting and boring but nobody is forcing you to do it right away. Slowly grind at it and you'll get the feats eventually. The issue is that you're probably trying to get completion as soon as possible when it isn't necessary, you're imposing these hurdles on yourself.

When I had to do Doomsday 50 times, I would do 5-10 every Thursday on reset when it was really active. I got the feat after a few weeks. The real problem is that you want to get the feat instantly when these feats weren't put there with the intention of being done on day 1. There's probably people out there who will do the 250 solos/alerts/raids in a day (if it's possible) but they choose to put themselves in that position.

You're setting these benchmarks for yourself and then complaining that they aren't fair.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I like repetition Feats: they're straight forward, it's a very simple "Kill 5-10-25-50" format, and as long as you plug at it you will ALWAYS get there eventually.
    • Like x 2
  15. Neb153 Level 30

They're done to keep player counts high inbetween episode drops, same reason why Flashpoint got new content. You don't have to get those feats, it's there so playing that content is always putting progress towards something at the very least.
  16. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Padding unsustainable content with high kill count feats is kind of a staple of DCUO nowadays.
    • Like x 1
  17. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

No, Flashpoint got new feats because the population playing the DLC dropped hard, so they had to add new feats to bring people back.
    • Like x 1
  18. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

This argument is somewhat flawed. I agree that you don't have to do all 50 in one day and I never do that. However this is true with all those high kill count bounty feats that if you don't get them when most everyone in LFG is doing them you typically struggle to find groups. So I agree that you can do 5 or so a day, but eventually the population doing them drops off a cliff especially when a new DLC hits. People trying to get the count on the Metal Man-Bat in Metal P1 were struggling to find a group to do that stuff when Metal 2 hit, thats just the way this game's population is unfortunately. Hell I took a week hiatus from doing the NM Golem in Metal P2 and after I started again I struggled to find people doing them, I still got it done ofc before the next DLC came out, but it took me significantly longer.

But putting the completion of them aside, sure it may be easy to slow walk the completion, its still not fun or engaging to do the s*** repeatedly oodles of times.
  19. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Yes, the kill counts of the dailies and the bounties have been cookie cutter for a while.
    Defeat x amount in the dailies, defeat x amount in the bounties.
    Nothing original or exciting.
    Granted they switched it up with Wonderverse and Legion but it's still repetitive and unoriginal with the high counts.
    Just a rinse and repeat of the same stuff with different colored ribbons on it.
  20. Neb153 Level 30

That's quite literally what I said