Wonder Woman 80th Star Spangled Chroma as a Material?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Apollonia, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Hi Devs (I think this is an Oceans question)

Is there any chance of getting the WW 80th star spangled chroma as a straight out material? Just the star spangled pattern part I mean. There's a piece I want to use it with but without the chroma locked channels.

Thanks in advance
    • Like x 13
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would buy that for a dollar. ;)
    • Like x 3
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

So would me and that guy from robocop too ;)
    • Like x 3
  4. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

More customizable options are always on my support list.;)
    • Like x 1
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'd love to be able to adjust the background color from blue.
  6. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I ran into an unexpected snag with the star spangled chroma.
    I had decided that in order to do a Silver Age Wonder Woman
    [IMG]0fd7328b9646e6a520e8df1c3a236cef by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    [IMG]dcdwwomanwgrl by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    the best way to do her shorts, was to use a pair of...well, shorts. (specifically the Flash and/or Batman boxer shorts)

Now I had never noticed Materials being effected by the shorts designed. It always seemed like whatever pattern the shorts had on at the time (either the Bats or the flash emblems were just covered up by the material as one smooth texture.

However, Yesterday I discovered when I put the Star spangled Chroma on, there were dozens of little blocks where the pattern was the same but it was reduced into small square patches all over the shorts.
    [IMG]FChtBSvXsAMn_2i by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    in the exact spots where either the bats or the Flash emblems had been originally.
    [IMG]FChvRx4WYAAnXFP by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    (up close it's clear but from any kind of passing distance it looks like a blurry mess)
    [IMG]FChtAJUWUAElFmt by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    Now to my knowledge, this doesn't happen with any of the pre-printed hoodies or T-shirts (or at least I've never noticed it in any passing degree) so why does it happen with the boxers?
    If this is an unintended glitch, I'll be very happy when it's resolved. Until then, well, I'd really like a pair of shorts that are one panel all over without any design variances that will disrupt a Material or Chroma being applied to it.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Try the Progeny of Darkseid shorts. ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

The shorts in Progeny of Darkseid are perfect!......
    [IMG]FCjN218XEAAcpXB by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    except they come with those socks!
    uuuuuuuuggggghhhhhh!

this was the problem I had with the Bombshell Harley shorts for the longest time until they released them as Hiker shorts last summer!

we need a pair of shorts just like PoD but without the socks!
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

The chroma isn't the problem here. It's the hero shorts mapping. The texture is mapped to have 1 texture on the whole thing and another emblem texture scaled down and overlayed on top of the shorts that gets repeated. So the chroma is set to put one colour or texture in 1 of 3 channels on the style piece. Here it's just filling the channels with what it has. I don't know if a straight material would help here and just cover everything solidly. Really not sure; depends how they're setup... maybe? This would be the type of question Meg use to be able to answer...
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I wear the Peaked boots.... so never even noticed the socks. ;)
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Still hoping for an answer on this...