PLEASE UPDATE AND CHANGE GRAPHICS TO BETTER HD QUALITY GRAPHICS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Celesis, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yes I agree lol.
    • Like x 1
  2. MxOiE Level 30

Got something on your nose, brother
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That's part of the problem right there. Those of us that belong to the "Glorious PC Gaming Master Race" are stuck with NORMAL Texture Detail as the best we can have, while PS4 players get to have HIGH Texture Detail that was DISABLED on PC over a decade ago, and has never been re-enabled!

It's unacceptable to me that the PS4 version has better graphics than the PC version, even if you have the most bleeding edge gaming rig around, but there's nothing we can do about it except WAIT and HOPE the Devs see fit to some day enable the HIGH Texture Detail setting we deserve. :(
  4. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

With as much as they have to fix in this game and including the other areas that have been completely ignored as well, I would think what the op wants is not gonna happen anytime soon.....if ever.
    They still need to make money on this game and stopping what they are doing to make it happen is extremely doubtful.
    This game is old enough I would bet they are having a tough time finding people that can even do the work they need to with it's now archaic operating system (by today's standards).
    Saying "it's easy" is one thing, actually finding someone capable enough to do it competently and correctly is another.
    • Like x 1
  5. Whodini Well-Known Player

Graphics a got a wee bit better from PS3 to PS4. I assume they could do a little bit of a cleanup when the PS% client gets done.
  6. Lara Committed Player

Imo the game looks good i like it
    • Like x 6
  7. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Game engine is11 years old. It is what it is.
  8. Toshknight Loyal Player

im on PC, and the pc version will be updated as the ps5 version, you really think they would leave the client that server shares , specially the more malleable client the same? come on. when it comes to people stating there minds, about changes , adding items, powers such, water is only in game cause of the players, we got more lantern stuff , auras, flash items now,
    the dev do , add stuff that we ask for, it just has to be in reason, and it's not right away. and just saying the graphics are bad, they need to make them look like a brand new 2021 game pretty much is how i took that. you cant even take someone that without any real context or how long they have played, examples of graphic probrems , i can't take someone serious that says barely anything but wanting so much.
  9. Toshknight Loyal Player

the old model to me, looks more like the player version of the detective jacket with tie and shirt, and business type pants/shoes, the head was the only unique thing about johny boy at first. the updated version came in hot with the ps4 update after War of the Light 1 hit sometime.
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

I understand the request, but it’s not a realistic ask. The game is run on a shoestring budget with the absolute bare minimum of development cost. Why do you think there is so little new content, everything is released broken, things don’t get fixed for years, no new powers, unplayable PvP, no advertising etc? I bought a rainbow trail for my super speed character and it’s been broken for over a year, and it’s too hard for them to fix. Hell will freeze over before they port the whole game over to a new graphics engine.
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I like the graphics in this game.
    • Like x 1
  12. Harlequin Devoted Player

There is a glitch when looking at armories that pops up once in a while that shows the character statue with the high detail textures. It is a huge improvement.

Just allow us to go into the .ini file and maximize settings ourselves on PC. It used to be possible years ago but they eventually started overwriting our changes at start-up. The changes are entirely client-side and have absolutely no effect on gameplay. There is zero reason to not allow us to adjust the game on our own rigs.
    • Like x 1
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Gee. no one ever thought of this before. Thanks for such a detailed, original, plan.
    • Like x 1
  14. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

• Like x 3
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That's been brought up more than a few times since it was put out in the wild. Thing is, "Modernize visuals" is a pretty vague statement. It could mean a total graphics overhaul like some have been asking for or just the continuation of what they've been doing with refreshing NPC models. There's been no real clarification by any of the parties involved, though.
    • Like x 2
  16. Saami Loyal Player

I think whole game engine needs to upgrade and that is not happening. Too costly and too many things can go wrong.

MMOs can be very very good looking in this day however. Just look at one unnamed Amazon MMO.
  17. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Waiting on official announcement on that. Hope it comes soon. Q4 is getting there, day by day.
    Wish I'd know more, but don't want to speculate at this point.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I just keep in mind the graphics pass that took place with the arrival of the PS4. Things got cleaned up and a touch more shiny, but that was about it. Makes for a good way of managing expectations when it comes to any possible upgrades to visuals. :D
    • Like x 3
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

Fine. Here`s updated realistic superman, coming to you on next patch.
    • Like x 2
  20. Napoleon Well-Known Player

I don't care about graphics. I want more FPS. Running open world content with a large group while getting 15 fps at best on a quite adequate system is bologna.