New Genesis feet.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cyfaill, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

Long time ago I tried to get it and I couldn't get them and a few moments ago I just remember I was missing them, so...since I wasn't able to get them is it posible to get the feet (boots?) style of New Genesis as a Circe's lackey? (I mean as a villain and magic) If it is posible, where?

PS: I know what are you thinking, since i'm a Circe's lackey and she transformed me into some kind of animal, why I need the boots? Well, someday she'll undo the spell and I'll be able to wear them, won't she?
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

If your referring to the purple drops no theres nowhere to out right buy the NGN styles you have to just keep playing and preying you get them.
  3. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

It's not a purple drop, it's one of those styles that appears when you're creating your character and it drops (teorically) while you're leveling from level 1 to 30 but I didn't have luck.
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Have you checked all the safehouse vendors, including the ones that sell PvP gear? It may be unlikely with the New Genesis style, but it never hurts to double check.

If there's no luck there, you can always go back and hit the instances in the leveling content to see if you can get it as a drop. That or unlock the style if you already have it on another character.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If it is a style listed in the creator menu, you should be able to create a new toon, make sure to choose that style for the feet, and then buy the style on your main who needs it for the set. Any of those base game styles should be cross-toon unlockable, even on villains.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It's possible if your toon is just getting to level 30, I'm fairly positive the starter gear box they give you will have the full set of new genesis styles/gear.

If that doesn't work, you can always respec to a Meta Villain; Lex was the mentor I always picked because those missions he gave you were always bound to drop new genesis styles.
    • Like x 1
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Ah ok I thought you meant actual NGN DLC style, but you mean the new gen style while leveling up.
  8. Awsome Well-Known Player

I did some digging, and apparently the New Genesis Feet is a Superman-mentor lvl 30 mission in the Hall of Doom.
  9. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Usually praying to get things works better than preying to get things.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Man....harshing on the Preying people out there....rough.
    [IMG]
    Reinheld
  11. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

Thank you so much for the answers and ideas guys, I really apreciate them.
    Yes, I've checked them again just in case but it wasn't there.

Good ideas but...I don't want to reclaim it or to change powers, I want to earn it through playing whithout any shortcut if It's not possible then I'll leave it that way, some items aren't destinated to be mine (like that emblem of the 80º? aniversary of Superman).

Yes, maybe a silly style but...well, I love to get styles (you could call it digital diogenes syndrome or somethig like that).

What a shame, I was hopping it could be any other place.

So...in conclusion, I'll just hope they add the style in future episodes as a drop and pray to get it.
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

There is the old method you could use If you can find somebody in-game who's lex mentored and get them to run you through the level 30 Lex mission portal. That mission will also drop new genesis styles.

You'd have to be grouped up with them, and then let the lex mentor guy walkthrough the mission portal in the HOD; but after that; it should be straight forward.
    • Like x 2
  13. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

I didn't think about that, it's a great idea, I'll try. By the way, this lasts missions also appears on the on duty menu, isn't it? Maybe it works there too.
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It is on the on duty menu as a tier 4 duo, but those duo's do not drop new genesis style gear. The drops are biker style if you need that set.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Actually, according to this site, it looks like the feet drop in Elseworth Memorial Hospital mission although it might be a villain one.
    https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/New_Genesis_(Style)#Blue, 18

I don't think this was a mentor mission, but could be walked in on once completed in story mode.

I know I had the set done early on in the game (maybe during leveling) and I was a batman mentored toon and this was before the T4 duos or promethium boxes dropped those styles (another place to get it), and style unlocking was not a thing....so it drops somewhere or is available from a vendor. Looks like it could have come from the Vault too....that's probably the most likely way I got it.
    https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Simple_Kandorian_Battleboots

It should be pretty obtainable.
    Reinheld

PS. While creating a new toon just to get the style might be a 'shortcut' (debatable)...if you get it on another toon, style unlocking is a legit way to get styles done. It was one of the better QOL adds they put in the game that ALSO generates money for DBG...so win-win.
    • Like x 2
  16. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

Oh my...Ir couldn't be the easy way, well I suppose I'll have to "shout" then and wait for a Luthor pupil to appear.

I'll check it too, hopefully it'll drop at the first time.

I know it's legit, I didn't want to say it was cheating (I apologize if my words weren't accurate enough), I just don't want to use it because without claiming it I have the obligation to revisit previous content if I want to get it, you can see it as an excuse (a petty one maybe) to have always a reason to come back.
  17. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

¿No es cierto, ángel de amor,
    que en esta apartada orilla
    más pura la luna brilla
    y se respira mejor?

Esta aura que vaga llena
    de los sencillos olores
    de las campesinas flores
    que brota esa orilla amena;

ese agua limpia y serena
    que atraviesa sin temor
    la barca del pescador
    que espera cantando al día,

¿no es cierto, paloma mía,
    que están respirando amor?

Finally i got them!! A drop on Iceburg Lounge (the penwing bot), unattuned superpower or something like that took my atention and....they are mine!
    PS: Sorry for reviving the thread but...i need to do it (and I'm sure everyone was waiting for my success...hehehe).
    PPS: Sorry for tipping the poem but...when i got them it was like music on my ears and these were the lyrics.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Congrats!....but...
    [IMG]
    Mandatory necro gif/pic if the thread is over a year old. Sorry....them's the rules!
    • Like x 1
  19. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

Hahaha then maybe i should change my powers to mental and dress up as a skeleton (There was an style on the halloween vendor if my mind serves my right)
    • Like x 1