DC Fandome - lack of advertising

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ergotth, Oct 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I didn't read what you wrote, but 10 year old me thanks you for this:)
    • Like x 1
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Where is our Gleek DLC, I ask!?
    • Like x 1
  3. Ergotth Committed Player

Ooh showcasing Gates would be a fun one, or maybe showcase the game in this order, lets play-pretend the script of a DCUO trailer, shall we?

*WB, Daybreak, Dimensional Ink and DC Comics logos fading from black*
    - Bird's eye view of Gotham and Metropolis
    *Batman's voice* - "The world always needs a hero"
    - Random citizens running for their lives as brainiac bots invade the city.
    - A lone, random superhero-like player lands in superhero style, camera pans upwards from feet to face, showcasing a very unique style, more players join in, all very cinematic.
    *Wonder Woman's voice* - "be the hero you always wanted to be"
    - Cut to a gameplay view of these players in action, an Ice tank shielding himself, a Gadgets controller stunning several enemies, a Sorcery healer recovering their health and a Fire DPS using Heat Vision on the enemies.
    *Superman's voice* - "Fight for Truth, Justice and a Better tomorrow" (shut up, I like this new line, ok?)
    - Cut to an almost symmetric view of Villains defeating some heroic NPCs with the DLC powers like an Earth Tank, an Electric Healer, Quantum Controller and an Atomic DPS, half cinematic, half gameplay.
    *Joker's voice* - "Or join the chaos and mayhem only villains can do!"
    - Cut to several scenes of a solo player flying, super-speeding or Acrobat'ing his way across Metropolis and Gotham
    *Luthor's voice* - "the sky is the limit, the city is yours"
    - Cut to a progression shot of one, two, four and eight players walking together inside iconic maps such as Iceberg Lounge solo, HIVE base duo, Brothers in Arms Alert and Gates of Tartarus Raids.
    - Cut to a showcase of DLC Powers
    *Hal Jordan's voice* - "beware my power, GREEN LANTERN'S LIGHT!"
    - Showing a hero using Light
    *Terra's voice* - "oh its on now!"
    - Showing a villain using Earth
    *Doctro Fate's voice* - "I am a lord of order!"
    - Showing a hero using Celestial
    *Deathstroke's voice* - "you just made a tactical error"
    -Showing a hero using Munnitions
    - Many rapid cuts of all the powers being used
    *text: You can be anything!*
    End with dozens of heroes lined up in the Watchtower, behind Batman, Superman and WonderWoman and a similar scene with the villains in the Hall of Doom
    - Fade to black, DCUniverse Online shows up on the screen.
    "Play now for free!"
    • Like x 3
  4. Controller Devoted Player

This would give a solid presentation of what DCUO is about...and I'd guess that it could be made into a standard length commercial.

I'd be interested to know just how many "Comic Book fans" out there "REALLY" know about DCUO.

This would be a solid introduction to the comic book fans that don't know about the game.

With the resurgence of DC Movies for the next few years there should really be a standard trailer like this made.
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Thank you for looking for solutions!

This is very well thought out and demonstrates the seriousness you put into it. I certainly hope someone will let the powers that be know of this!
  6. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

“Truth, Justice and a (Build Back) Better Tomorrow”

Superman’s obviously campaigning for a certain party.
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Maybe one day I can learn to see the absence of violently terrorizing gangs as a primary beacon of accomplishment for a utopian society. Until then...
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Superman already renounced his American citizen ship years ago. If he is supposed to be a hero to not only AMerica but the entire world. His catchphrase can't just be specific to the "American way". If we are being honest the American way is such a a vague term. What people think of as the American way is a viewpoint shared by many countries. The problem is that a lot of people view Superman as a Captain America equivalent. He absolutely shouldn't be. Even if at heart he fights for what many consider traditional American ideals(the one most people agree are pretty good ), he can't be America's unofficial hero in DC. It also allows him to do things that would have gotten the US government in trouble. It would make more sense for Hal or John to talk like that since they are military and all around patriotic.

We also have to remember that Superman was created during a time of Hyper Patriotism. So saying Truth Justice and the American way fit with the time and was absolutely politically motivated. Politics was different back then. Superman also couldn't fly and or had heat vision. He was super strong but not a god like he is today. It worked back then because he wasn't as possibly and fought for the little guy against corrupt corporations. Superman and the world are different today. Why should his catchphrase be stuck in what was by all right pro America WW2 propaganda. The the new phrase is actually pretty timeless now and applies to all beings human or alien.
  9. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Nothing like watching Americans argue about politics amongst themselves.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Controller Devoted Player

Then feel free to send me a PM and I'd love to discuss our POVs.

I've tried to do this with "MsTyckle Fate" and he's chosen not to talk, at least so far.

I'd guess that my POV, yours AND MTF's are NOT that far off each other.
  11. Ergotth Committed Player

Thanks a lot ^^ I worked some time as a developer writer in an MMO in the past (AdventureQuest Worlds) and I always had a bit more of a cinematic writting style, favouring actions, physical humour and scene compositions over dialogues, so I had a lot of fun writting this fake trailer for DCUO. If they were to advertise this game properly, the priorities should definitely be:
    1. you make YOUR OWN hero
    2. the variety of powers for free and avaible for purchasing (without making it look like one is better than the other)
    3. The scale and variety of maps and locations
    4. The interaction with the classic big names of the comics
    • Like x 2
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Sure, because "a Better Tomorrow" is inherently political.

[IMG]

Do you know how to read an N-Gram?

I guess the word "great" is also inherently political, eh?
  13. Ergotth Committed Player

Will you get enough of this already? Get off my thread. shoo shoo! Scram!
    • Like x 1
  14. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Some people just never grasp the idea of public forums and that they're not, in fact, email.

It's not "your thread." You don't get to make rules for the forums. You don't get to tell other people what to write or think or do.

If you wish privacy, try private messaging Mepps.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.