Sorry but Gadgets has to be fixed!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by appocolyps, Oct 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Not sure where you heard that but it is nothing anyone has said around here. About a year ago, supercharger changes were discussed and iirc, gadgets was set to have one of the better changes but that pass never happened to any powerset.

Edit: yes please help poor ice out. It is a very baffling powerset to me on the dps side. Has potential but just a few weird things that could be slightly changed to making it a great powerset vs a mediocre one.
    • Like x 1
  2. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Circuit is better than neo venom, it’s also better than berserk, but that’s solely because berserk is a melee ranged super. Also, electric has telsa ball, which is an unintentional supercharge generator, that also does good damage
  3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Celestial has been one of the best St powers to awile now, and it never needed heat vision, I figured that out during pce days. People probably aren’t celestial because it’s 10 sec parsers are somewhat low, but that’s only because the numbers are skewed since celestial’s pacing is so slow lol
    • Like x 1
  4. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

My apologies, I made the mistake of assuming you knew "bye" is short for Goodbye.

To explain, I haven't read 1 word of this reply. It might be yet another knee-jerk faulty response like your previous one, or it could very well be a proper response this time. I'll never know. We could have discussed this properly and gone into detailed explanations but thats not possible now. The option of that died with your first reply. Please don't waste any more time responding.

( Good)Bye
    • Like x 1
  5. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The complainers are more the FOTM chasers than anything. They will cry on TC for a couple days then move on to the next power. The devs also have some responsibility in this as well. If powers were fixed in a timely manner you wouldn't have so many people who spent money on power changes feeling ripped off after a fix or nerf.
    • Like x 1
  6. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I'm gadgets and i don't even use the turret clip thingy ,don't even know how to do it so if they nerf that i don't care.
    • Like x 1
  7. Belthazur Dedicated Player

So... has ANY Dev Responded to this?
    Going on 8 Pages now.. SOME Form of Response IS NEEDED
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The issue isn't "one Gadgets issue", it's "nine little issues across topics that also include Artifacts, Movement Abilities, and Supercharges that all add up to a bigger issue that doesn't JUST affect Gadgets".

I'm not surprised they're not saying anything, it's like PVP - there's no right answers, everyone is very subjective and very tied to their own perspective, and the loudest voices in the argument are unfortunately generally also the least objectively correct. Hell, one dude was insisting that the problem was - specifically - that "you could infinitely clip Abilities together in Stealth". He's wrong, but that guy's thread alone got multiple pages of response before everyone started arguing here instead.

Not to mention that a major component of this entire discussion is essentially the argument that the most integrated Ability and Weapon Combo mixture playing style - what we currently call Precision - shouldn't be outperforming what we mistakenly call Might, which is LITERALLY play-from-the-tray in some cases.

The reality is that there's not a single "right" answer and for my dollar, the solution really isn't to go back to the "nerf it" min-max FOTM chase that we used to have, because THAT, inarguably, was WORSE than what we have right now. So I dunno, if I was a Dev? I wouldn't stick my nose in it either.

I do know this though - the people *my* main DPS loses to right now? Aren't Gadgets and aren't usually other Precision users either. So I think the argument is bigger than this particular set of walls framing it is right now, and instead of demanding that someone nerf the things that CAN beat me, I'm trying to figure out how to beat them myself.

It's more fun that way.
    • Like x 4
  9. Proxystar #Perception

No, just nerf it, nerf it in to the ground, nerf it so hard, so far it'll never see the light of day, again

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

the power of Burt Reynold's compels you... the power of Burt Reynold's compels you...
    • Like x 4
  11. Lucerne Active Player

No one should care about the whining, and it's hard to politely tell paying customers to stop crying and go back to being bad at the game.
    • Like x 3
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Spot on! :)
    • Like x 1
  13. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Nope, nerf gadgets and all other clipping mechanics, clipping is a cheat and exploit anyway.
  14. zNot Loyal Player

Overperforming things influence difficulty and this shouldnt be ignored,im sure charon wants us to have high difficulty content but as long as we have a power like gadget those groups always have a much lower difficulty then other groups who dont use OP things,the issue with a overperforming dps power is also that the way the devs design the elite raids is very dps centric and this benefits this even further.

Arent you aware of the damage potential we have atm? Even from non gadget dps such as fire,celestial,quantum,elec might/prec. Combine that with a buff troller

I could get away with gadget overperfoming if we wouldnt have more then 3 DPS in a elite raid group and a content design thats not dps centric and where the DPS done doesnt influence the difficulty etc but i havent seen such a content design since years.

The last episode to me that had a good design were both of the elite raids in metal part one.
  15. JailhouseBat Active Player

To be fair though to master the art of the clips at least takes some degree of practice and skill-honing. Its nothing like some of the exploits we've seen in the past. I'm at peace with it.
    • Like x 2
  16. Evolution New Player

just git gud man.
    • Like x 1
  17. Deadly Alliance DCUO New Player

No matter what gets nerfed or what you feel is broken, when it comes to dps, the true end game main dps will always find a meta that out performs other powersets. Its just a fact. Been like this since day 1, only difference is now we got alot more sp and artifacts. If scoreboard wasn’t around with no pvp as well there would be a very small dps community. It truly would. Just because something out performs you doesn’t mean it needs to be nerfed, it is what makes the power unique. All powers are unique in their own ways, if it was meant for every power to do the same amount of damage we would have that. At the end of the day people always say remove the scoreboard, nerf this nerf that, but why nerf something if you aren’t worried on the scoreboard anyway. It’s simply because you can’t make your power perform how another power does, not all powers are meant to do that. And to he technically if any power should be able to utilize multiple tactics in a short time frame, it should be “gadgets” . Again all that has to be done is buff other powersets an it’ll be fine, nerfing something everytime its good just repeats this stale cycle. Most recent nerfs were nature (which could do that for years but people were too busy using prec) and prec which dominated for a long time but not everyone could 4 tick but if you could your damage was crazy and they punished you for having that skill gap in your 4 tick. So y’all should push to buff other powersets since you want variety instead of wanting stuff nerfed, because you nerf gad then what you gone nerf or cry about? Elec prec? Then after that? Whether you win or lose enjoy the game and push for them to fix this game not continue to tear it down because people wanna do better on scoreboard.
    • Like x 1
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Gadgets didn’t start over performing until gemini spam became what it is, that’s all I’m saying
  19. ALB Dedicated Player

Gadgets been over performing way before gem spam. It's the turret clip that allow gadgets to move through powers at a faster pace. Gadgets is actually really strong without
    • Like x 1
  20. Skille Well-Known Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.