An ''Unsupervised" Halloween 2021!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

[IMG]
    Hello DCUO!

My league and I, will be having a Halloween Party this year, to celebrate the season and pay tribute to the old (Michael Grid) Halloween parties that made my time in DCUO memorable.

We will have:
    1. Arkham Island Search Party (Hide n' Seek)
    2. Villain Themed Costume Contest (both factions)
    3. Hero Themed Costume Contest (both factions)
    4. PvP Contest

*Arkham Island Search Party Rules
    Hide and maybe you will be the last found? Get creative or end up becoming a searcher to bust others!
    The last 5 players to be found will be gifted 200m each!

1. Must be in same phase.
    2. Must be in the open world, on Arkham Island.
    3. Any players that break the first two rules wont be considered for the prizes.

*Villain Themed Costume Contest and Hero Themed Costume Contest Rules and Rewards

1. Both Factions can participate in both contests
    2. Offensive or inappropriate costumes of any kind (subject to judges' discretion) will not be considered for any of the prizes.
    3. Costumes do not have to be DC specific or iconic in any manner, so let your imagination go wild!

Prizes (Both Contests) :

1st: 800 Million In-Game Cash
    2nd: 600 Million In-Game Cash
    3rd: 400 Million In-Game Cash

* PvP Contest Rules
    I know PvP isnt really balanced, but Im trying to add some of the fun back into it,
    cutting some of the sources of imbalances and "cheese" to try to provide more fair fights:

1. Only players with full PvP gear, can participate
    2. You must only use full PvP gear while participating
    3. You cannot use soder colas of any kind
    4. You cannot use your support role
    5. You cannot use artifacts of any kind
    6. You cannot use supercharges

Prizes:

1st: 1 Billion In-Game Cash
    2nd: 600 Million In-Game Cash
    3rd: 400 Million In-Game Cash

Date: Oct. 30th
    Time: 4 PM (PT) / 6 PM (CT) / 7 PM (ET)

I hope you guys can make it! Be sure to RSVP, so that you and/or you league can enter with base permissions. Be sure to add "Midnight Masquerade" to your base list, through the Base Tracking, Maps menu.
    You can contact me to RSVP, in game via mail or /tell, by sending them to Iconic Simulation or Speaking Moistly.
    • Like x 8
  2. Caroline Dedicated Player

This is amazing! One question: Do we have to participate in all events or we can pick whichever ones we want? And overall in order to enter, we must send you a DM through the game or?
    • Like x 1
  3. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Consider adding "Players must turn on Hide UI during Gameplay" rule. This applies for both people who hide and people who seek others. Otherwise its pretty easy to find people.
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Just base access is needed, we can make a head count or lists from there.
    Well you have the whole Arkham island and you just have to hold out long enough to be in the last five players left. That includes the water treatment plant as well.
    • Like x 1
  5. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I'm guessing this is us server only
  6. jolaksi Well-Known Player

So we are looking at a fast paced game. hmm.. cool cool. Its better if thats the goal.
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Unfortunately, this is only for the US Server.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Is hiding in the villain spawn legit, as heroes can't really approach it close? Oh shoot...just gave away my hiding space.
  9. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Well if you are seen/spotted, it still counts. But still a cool idea. :cool:
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

what about using stealth and invisibility to hide from other players, especially with Arkham being darker you'd never see a player in those forms
    • Like x 1
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Ive thought about that, and currently do not have any solutions to the problem, apart from not allowing those players to participate. However I do think that is on the extreme side, and any suggestions to maybe circumvent it are welcome. I guess I'd be using my nearby feature and fast flight/ watching mini map for slight dot blinks to try to find them.
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

If you send a mail message in game, I will send a response and confirm your base access. You don't have to, but you can list what you are interested in participating in, so I can get an early head count. Tks!
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

15. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

16. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Im curious on the threshold of “villain” & “hero”, so as to know what is being looked for.
  17. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Usually you can tell the difference between a hero or villain outfit, usually the heroes colors are brighter and are brilliantly displayed. Villains mostly carry a muted color or darker colors, with rugged or unorthodox appearances. But however, outfits will not be entirely judged on those stereotypes, each style will be considered with an open mind. Not only myself but another 2 judges will help offset my opinion, for their taste in style appeal differ from mine. So this is anyone's game.
    • Like x 1
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Just a reminder: Pls RSVP by the 29th, I'd hate to be in the party, and getting last minute requests for invites. So RSVP soon!
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Im interested in participating
  20. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

I'm curious. Since the transfer of in-game cash between toons is still not allowed, how are these prizes supposed to be distributed? Not a criticism -- just an honest question.
    • Like x 1