Penguin Lounge Solo

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by catplaysxoxo, Oct 18, 2021.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

What attack is Penguin taking so much damage from you? I notice his umbrella attack that does the spinning animation, then some bombs but everytime I run it I don't see the damage until after he has already done his attacks it's like a delay. I expect the big damage to be dealt instantly when he does his attacks but maybe im missing something. I died everytime as a DPS but as a tank I noticed the damage but I had to pay close attention to how low my health gets. I popped soda, supply drop, healing barrel just to survive lol
  2. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

The most damaging attack from the Penguin fight comes from the pengbots roaming around the room self destructing, they will explode if they get too close to you.
    • Like x 7
  3. BumblingB I got better.

He himself doesn't do much damage to you, it's the little pengbots that wander around the room that hit hard. He does have a grenade that knocks you about, that could do a two hit combo into one of the pengbots.
    • Like x 5
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Stand in the center of the room where the long table is/was and watch out for his penguin bots.
    • Like x 1
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Ohhhhh it's pengbots I thought it was just grenades lol
    Makes sense now. In my defense that room is dark I could barely see what's on my feet when them pengbots are roaming around lol
    • Like x 1
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

If I were to stand in the middle you can't destroy them so you have to just get away from them?
  7. BumblingB I got better.

They walk around that rectangle floor panel that the table and chairs are, so if you stay there, you wont get hit by them. Just watch out for Penguin's knock back grenade that could land you in the pengbots and explode.
    • Like x 3
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

That depends what power set my character has, of course.

[LATER: oh, you're asking the reverse? What attack does Penguin give that does the most damage to us? Pengbots. You could figure this out by turning on your combat log tab.]
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As the others said, it's the pengbots more than likely. My normal tactic is I start out on the far end of the room, like where the seeds pop up, and when the penguins start coming out , I go to the right side between the penguin statue and the door where penguin starts, up against the corner. The pengbots don't seem to head that way once out, but if you go straight there, they will hit you when coming out of the door.

Or there is always stand on top of the statue....cheap but effective if you don't fall off. Not really needed, but hey...it's there for a reason.
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Lol I don't normally use battle logs and you're right I could have checked that.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They can't be destroyed and they don't normally walk inside that rectangle or along the walls. Rarely one of the NPCs can be standing in the way and a penguin bot will attempt to walk around them and put you in their path.
    • Like x 2
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I just go leeroy Jenkins on Penguin when I'm on my tank.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, if the tank build can handle the pengbots, that could work, although might be slow burn. If not, you are in the exact worst place to be as that's where they come from...behind Penguin. Not sure how much each hits for, but if I'm on my tank and take too many hits consecutively, things get kind of dim....I still avoid them when possible.
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

The way I have my build setup I can survive just can't be dumb about it. Pop my dampening shield, density, soda, supply drops etc.. pretty much ignoring the big damage but that's when I was wondering after all that what was causing such a big health drop lol check battle log and watch out for pengbots.
  15. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Haha there are pengbots in that fight? I usually kill him so fast I don't even see them. Great elite content that is
    • Like x 1
  16. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

I fight him in the corner so I don’t have to worry about the pengbots.
  17. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

it's difficult to see the pengbots on my PS4/TV as well - I've meant to fiddle with video setting to get more light into the area.
    aside from that... as a dps
    you can use the statue as a shield for a bit, just roll to it when the grenades are tossed.

I put out a pet (like vampire bat something that will occupy penguin for a bit, or perhaps the henchmen will work as well) quick hits, then do the supply drop/orbital - with SC - and finish him off w/weapon (dual wield flurry) rarely do the pengbots come near me (I'm near statue) - what's odd is that I'll have penguin down and head for the doorway and I've had a couple of pengbots kill me afterwards.... sigh
    • Like x 1
  18. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Thats funny because when I defeated penguin his pengbots still came at me and killed me o_O
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's a bug. They're all supposed to disappear after you defeat Penguin, sometimes one gets left behind.
    • Like x 2
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

When I play this instance in normal, I feel like the elite has slipped in instead.

Now I feel like I have to speed run this game, to be able to succeed in normal x)