Does anyone actually save time?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ArtemisWonderWoman7, Oct 17, 2021.

1. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Just wondering if anyone actually saved time skipping adds is inner sanctum? Just ran it where we skipped adds from the start after every cut scene adds was on are *** and we had to burn some if not all every time. After every boss I couldn't switch to my add damage armory cause I was stuck in combat and had to wait on timer to reset. Still took 25 minutes and I was top in all damage but after every boss I could only do single target damage and I was top in all damage by 10 mil.

Why are people insisting on skipping when from my experience it has never saved time and in some cases it costs the group to disband cause of failure. Had a group that didn't destroy add spawners before catwoman so we just had adds everywhere with shield bots and a dps kept hitting consoles before everyone was ready.

I am not trying to ramble on about this.so again has anyone really saved time skipping adds? and I mean less then 25 minutes cause I have done it several times in that time range
    • Like x 6
  2. Ergotth Committed Player

I KNOW RIGHT? I mean, jesus, whats the point of "skipping adds" when they will catch up to us when we reach the locked doors, cutscenes or end the bossfight and suddenly an army of robots rushes inswide the bossfight room to get us? In the end, we still fight all adds, and the healers (in this case, solely ME) have to work overtime because the tank becomes overwhelmed with 30 adds ganging up on him!
    • Like x 6
  3. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Sorry but It definitely does. I'm not trying to be cocky or big-headed to you but it seems like the groups you were in are most likely consisted avarage & casual players.

If you ever join "counter feat spammer" groups (you know those are the tryhards), when every person in group on point and know what to do to skip adds and activate certain cutscenes/shortcuts etc. those runs ends up with 13-14 minutes range.

A quick example:
    Do you know whats the quickest way to activate the cutscene of Armored Custodian boss fight?
    Or do you know you can beat Zeta Drone before cutscene ends?
    Or how to get rid of Elite Guardians asap?

Those are the other details that makes the runs faster.
    • Like x 2
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Short answer, yes.
    • Like x 3
  5. Caroline Dedicated Player

I always save time when I run it with my league so skipping adds definitely helps, lol.
    • Like x 2
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

So to sum up, don't skip adds in PUGs/Omnibus groups. Create a group or league run first. I wonder if the OP was in some hybrid of the two or just random queued.

I've seen people random queue and skip adds and then get mad at the group that they weren't all following suit. Most new players have no clue how to skip safely, which adds can be skipped, etc., so random queue will rarely turn out well for people who want a speedy run.
    • Like x 5
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It is soooo frustrating to me when groups skip adds. Usually those same groups are the ones who won't pick you up if you get KO'd. And guess what, when you do revive, you have to fight you way alone through all those adds they skipped to get back to the group.
    • Like x 6
  8. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Same here, like what is the point to all of that when the adds will catch back up with you, if those people are so good then just burn the adds and move on.
  9. myandria Item Storage

Agreed; I am one of those players who does not know how to skip safely but I am not a new player. I usually try to avoid groups that are doing speed runs, even for feats. If the raid goes well on a normal run it doesnt take much more time than it does with a speed run. The last time I ran this raid (loong time ago) it only took us 17-18 minutes; but, then again, our group had 2 tanks and 2 healers.
    • Like x 1
  10. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've had two different pug experiences. One skipped trash mobs and the mobs never caught up to us after a boss fight/door opened and another one where the mobs caught up to us after each boss/door opened.
    The first KO'd the boss faster and maybe did not attack any trash mobs while passing through rooms, and the 2nd took longer to KO bosses and probably hit trash mobs while passing through rooms because the mini map showed some character trailing behind the rest of the group.
  11. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Blame the devs. Why make content you can skip? Poor content design IMHO.
    • Like x 2
  12. L T Devoted Player

It can definitely speed things up. Tank pops a shield, Healer pops a group shield, and everyone rushes through *certain rooms, which they know*, *without aggro-ing everything in said rooms* and it can shorten a run 10 minutes or so.

There are four rooms of adds that absolutely can't be skipped. You are locked in until you kill all or certain adds. Any angry mobs are likely to catch up to the group at these points. If you have some Electric DPS in your group and a decent healer(s), that barely matters. If you're splitting damage those phases become tedious.

If not everyone in the group is aware of what can and cant be skipped, or not everyone in the group is good at getting by without triggering aggression, attempting to skip adds is probably a bad idea. By the time you meet Batman -- and that's really early-- you should know if your group can skip the adds or not. If not everybody can, just give up on the idea. It's only an extra 10 minutes to kill them all, and you'll lose more than that waiting for your hapless pug-mates to catch up because they've been knocked out repeatedly by scores of angry adds.
  13. tukuan Devoted Player

Sure it can save time but generally only in event content, or in the past when content was far below your level, when everyone is on the same page so people don't end up stuck in a hallway having to fight their way to the boss instance. Of course in that is the rub, which is that usually for event content a good chunk of the team isn't on the same page. So in those cases yes it end up taking longer.

In non-event content, in my experience, most instances take longer if you try to barrel through them than if you just tear down the adds as you are going along. Certainly there are some instances that are exceptions where, adds will vanish instead of pooling once you beat the boss, can be flown over or other similar setups.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Good news! Starting next week you get to live this nightmare EVERY DAY with Themyscria divided!
    • Like x 2
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im up for whatever the group does
    Skipping adds is miles faster if everyone does it.
    Every “skip run” i have done, not a single add made it to us by cut scene ends. So yes, its much much much faster but everyones gotta do it an everyones gotta be on point.
    A single dps tryin to pad their numbers randomly will slow the whole group
  16. AV Loyal Player

Two competent players can duo the raid in 15-16min if they skip adds, even if the rest of the group doesn't and never makes it into a single boss fight. 4-8 competent players skipping adds and it's a 13-14min run. Stopping to kill every add in the raid is completely pointless, with zero benefit. Even in Elite you only want to kill the bare minimum.
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I'm a tank and pugged that instance. Funny thing is all three players were DPS and all of them skipped the adds.
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

So do you create shorter raids to give the players exactly what they are trying to do. And deal with complaints of raids being far too short? Or do you create unskippable trash?

Me? Id tether every mob to the boss, so anything skipped, will come running momentarily.

Why develop content if youre gonna skip it?
    • Like x 4
  19. AV Loyal Player

Because it's still relevant and creates a sense of urgency in instances where its possible while requiring more thought and competency than if there weren't any obstacles at all.. It's also vastly more engaging and interesting than instances always being either "go directly to boss with no hurdles" and "methodically kill every single trash mob to unlock boss." Every game is like that and every instance in this game is at a different place on that spectrum. It also takes more knowledge and skill (to varying degrees depending on the instance) to quickly focus down key mobs while staying ahead of the stuff following you. The design variety mimics how irl missions have varying objectives and paces.

There's really no excuse for insisting on killing every single trash mob in an instance that doesn't require it. In instances where progress is locked behind key targets being defeated (eg. in IS: the enemies behind the blast doors at the first locked door + drop pod Sentry, the Shield Armour behind the middle blast door before A.R.C, the adds around the turrets and the turrets themselves after A.R.C, the lone Neuromac at Catwoman, & the Elite Guardian entourage at the final blast doors), damaging stuff that doesn't need to die is a waste at best. It's as atrocious a play as it would be if someone refused to progress in FR because there was still stuff they could kill outside the Flash museum, or in the tunnel, or in altered Gotham....

If everyone in a run is happy spending the better part of 30min killing trash that has the threat level of a Sparring Target, no one's stopping them... but when 2-3 players can easily complete the entire raid without their help before they even clear the hallways then it's very, very silly for them to simply not realize "hmm, they just killed two bosses without any of us... maybe all we've done is waste time for no reason." The few players that instead decide to be rude/snarky about it, as though literally the only reason the raid can't be quickly solo'd weren't the fact you need at least two for the Catwoman cogs, are very much in "tell me you're an amateur without telling me you're an amateur" territory. Even if a group is too weak to kill key targets before some of the trash catches up, that's still faster than killing the huge number of mobs that can't & won't ever catch up if the group were to simply ignore them entirely.

Yeah, that's.... how it works... Get ahead of throng > Kill key target objectives > progress quickly to stay ahead of throng > throng catches up at boss > kill boss > quickly get ahead of throng and eliminate next key targets > repeat. That's a hell of a lot more interesting than killing the same handful of trash mobs forever. There is no strategy or finesse to mindlessly pwning hallway trash unnecessarily.

The entire point of IS is "Brother Eye commands a massive gd tech army, is hacking the Bat Computer, and needs to be stopped as fast as possible" It's supposed to be a blitz, not "well in that case I guess we better take our time and make sure all this inconsequential throwaway tech gets dealt with." It's especially silly with the stuff that won't even aggro when pathing correctly.

Lastly, instances where all of the trash mobs actually do need to die have waaaaaaaay fewer and/or squishier trash mobs. When there are key objective mobs, throwing huge waves of trash at us is kinda the game's way of saying "there's a smarter way to do this and you don't have to spend forever on these time-padders." Hall of Doom is the same way.
  20. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Or better yet, access to the Boss is prohibited until all the adds leading up to him are defeated.
    • Like x 2