Dev challenge

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Xxxritoxxx, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Xxxritoxxx New Player

Build a league an spend your money on what you expect your consumer to spend...its running 3000$ for a new toon gg
  2. Xxxritoxxx New Player

Dont cheat scrubs... because this content is destroying leaugues
  3. Xxxritoxxx New Player

Get at me ill build an in game league an destroy u at your game...im tired of you messing up the game for money its outrageous so many good players gone..an your new stuff is so much more difficult for new players and eliminats old players to help them
  4. Xxxritoxxx New Player

Challenge is out...see how quickly the devs bow down to paying what we pay hahahaha
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I'd be more concerned that you think it costs that much to enjoy the game.
    • Like x 4
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What in the world are you spending that $3000 on? For a new toon? You are doing something seriously, terribly, mind boggling wrong.
    • Like x 13
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Based on your artifacts guide, if a player did not follow the best way to spend $200 to level up 4 artifacts instead of just one to 200, six artifacts alone could be $1,200. Mix in allies, the jump to 290 CR, needing skill points from styles by buying source marks, etc., and a player trying to catch up in one shot and willing to spend the money could hit $3,000 pretty easily. Not saying it's money well spent, but it's possible.
    • Like x 1
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  9. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

imagine, if tomorrow the game closed, how would you feel? :D

With that kind of money, I'll buy a better PC :p
    • Like x 2
  10. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I could happily play this game for years only paying $5 (to unlock Premium benefits).

I *did* play this game for years only paying $5 *with* escrow still in place, and enjoyed the game quite a lot.

If you are spending $3000 on a new toon, you are either WAY too intense or you really want to support the game. There is absolutely no need to pay that much to get a decent character ranked up in a few months of casual play. Yeah, you won't have the best of everything, but you can get even that given time. You can certainly get to the point of being able to compete just by spending $5 and actually PLAYING the game, as opposed to buying everything and expecting to suddenly be good.

This isn't a game that benefits from only spending money. If you buy yourself all 200 rank artifacts, all the time capsules and gear and get a character to be fantastic on paper, you will still suck if you haven't played enough to know what your powers do and develop your own style. This is a game that has to be PLAYED, not paid.
    • Like x 5
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You have to go extremely down the p2w path to hit that amount. At that point they only have themselves to blame lol.

I’m not gonna sit here and act as if I haven’t spent money. I have. But $3000 at one sitting… I just can’t lol
    • Like x 5
  12. SpyderBite Active Player

Daybreak/Warner are businesses not charities. Their primary goal is to make money and make shareholders happy. Shareholders who would not blink at shutting the game down tomorrow if they felt it was not making money.

I'm not defending the price structure itself. There are always ways to make that more acceptable for everybody, Just laying out the reality of demanding or in your case challenging a company to lower its prices.

Finally. The Devs have nothing to do with the price structure. You want to challenge the CEOs and board of directors of the companies.
    • Like x 3
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

you don't need to spend anything over the price of a membership in this game, especially not now that you can get seals in-game. if you're spending anything over that, that's on you.
    • Like x 6
  14. BumblingB I got better.

I think OP thought this was twitter to live tweet his reaction to someone paying $3000 in one sitting.
    • Like x 2
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I agree for the most part. I do think artifacts still are a little unbalanced due to how much it takes to get them to 200 for two roles, but your point about seals of completion I agree with. When this game has made changes that make the business look less greedy, I've been more inclined to spend money on it.

I recently spent some extra money I had from a bonus at work, and I did so to support the direction of the game because I like the daily rewards and the Fate vendor options. Sometimes spending money in support of changes, even if the purchases are not really necessary, lets the company know we like those changes.
    • Like x 3
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd have replied to one of the OP messages, but there were so many to choose from, I couldn't pick just one. Edit button exists for a reason....try it sometime.

First off, why do they need to build a league? You talking about the content running prestige down? Dude, everything in this content pays prestige except a few outliers like FOS3 (might be fixed now...was 1 per run). You should have made this post during LLL content...it was more applicable with just 2 piece of prestige content if you wanted to talk about League issues as a result of content.

Second, I've got a bunch of toons across multiple accounts and have build several league halls by myself. I've been a subscribing member for like 7 years, premium for a year before that and my main has about everything I could possibly buy and I doubt I've crossed the $3000 threshold yet, including multiple premium accounts where I only spent $5-$100 over a few years (most of the higher number buying seals...now 'free' with grinding). If you are spending $3000, especially in a short time, that's on you.

I'm not saying we CAN'T spend a lot of money in game...oh, it's there to spend for sure...but you shouldn't NEED to unless you absolutely have to have everything noooooow. Calm down Veruca...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The 'jump to 290' CR skip is not needed with the abundance of drops, Artis are very viable at 160 and allies don't add enough benefit to justify the money on them being 'maxed' right away. Even if you wanted to 'buy' your way to a viable toon, you are the one shooting yourself in the wallet if you go that hard at it. (not you-you....but the person who would spend $3K 'you').

Anyone who comes into ANY long running game and would expect to have an 'end game' character out of the gate AND wouldn't have to spend that kind of money is a fool.
    • Like x 4
  18. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Yes, this. Add in that getting an "end game" character out of the gate means you would absolutely SUCK at all content because you haven't learned the mechanics of the game OR how your own character works. In this game it's best to start at the beginning and level a character all the way through the hard way. Skips are for alts.

I can't imagine coming into this game new, spending $$$ to gear and level up a character and being able to enjoy it. That would be like handing a five-year-old from the desert Olympic-quality hockey gear and putting them in a rink to play with professional players and expecting them to get a hat trick. Put in the prep time and the years of practice and maybe it'll happen. The gear doesn't make you a player.
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ha! 'Desert hockey'...who ever heard of such a thing?
    [IMG]
    Nvmd....
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

A few things:

1. Besides endgame content, you don't need to buy replay badges, you can just re-run content nowadays.

2. The ally system, you only need Cyborg and/or House of Legends Bot. Both of which you can acquire in-game. I haven't spent any real life $ on allies yet and at this stage you don't need to.

3. You don't have to be legendary anymore, though it helps. You can still access content including endgame.

4. If you are gearing at endgame and have alts, be sure to run endgame content on those too. Utilise the shared bank, and trade over OP catalysts for your OP hands and OP back that you will be levelling ready for the next episode. The OP face will likely be outdated by then (unless you really care about the face mod stat). The more alts you have at endgame and are running STU content on or getting Grains of Time, the more OP catalysts you can trade over to your main.

5. On the topic of utilising shared bank:

Run the seasonal vault DAILY, on as many toons as you can (if they are level 30+ even better). The vault drops nth metal, artifact catalysts and ally catalysts, all of which you can put in your shared bank and trade over to the toon that you need them on. The more toons you run it on the more of this you can farm.

6. Save nth metal for Bonus Artifact XP weeks. If you have been farming the seasonal vault via my previous method then even better.

7. All content drops Source Marks, which again you can use to buy ally/artifact catalysts if needs be. Hopefully if seasonal vaults continue as they are currently you won't need to get as many with Source Marks.

8. Log in every day for the daily rewards and seasonal vault, if nothing else.

9. If you have enough in game cash, be sure to buy Nth Metal Detectors off the broker and use them while playing the game. Farm Nth Metal Caches and save them for a Bonus Artifact XP week. Use them only during that week.

10. Free skip CR gifts usually drop artifact goodies too, which you can trade over via shared bank. So keep an eye out for those.

Though the game is still pay-to-win, it is the least p2w that it has been in YEARS once you log in and start playing the game, creating alt toons and following the points I have made here.
    • Like x 1