Would you be in favour of replacing the current "default" player base? For a better designed base?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

In view of the new player base added to the game and the possible new bases to come, would you be in favour of a total redesign of the current player base?

Before, there was probably no possibility to put such and such things in the base, like for example, doors (and ideally, interactive) and other possible actions.

There are also some very poorly thought out corners of the base for decoration which I think more than one person would like to see changed.

In my opinion a new base to replace the current one would be really necessary for better decoration possibilities!
    • Like x 2
  2. SpyderBite Active Player

I would really like an open floor plan in bases/lairs/hideouts to allow for a little more creative freedom with deco items. I think Amenities should have pre-established spots as they do now.
  3. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

If they fix the base walkthrough. I got stuck on I Lava Lamp because I started my Horror character right off with a Manor Base and I couldn't complete it using the Manor. (No complete x showing up, No Lock and Load for the Armory etc etc.... I had to relocate my base to a standard Gothic in order to finish out the Base orientation before I could move back to the manor.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I wouldn't mind it - on the condition that my base designs don't get packed up in the process of course.

I don't know about replacements but maybe a variant version of those lair themes? That way players have a choice.
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'm all for any & all updates they want to make in regards to bases & base building, but, as LQ said, not if it means I have to do my bases all over again.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But why should they allocate resources into something like that? The base is supposed to be a starter base. It’s not supposed to be glamorous. If a player wants a better base they have the options to do so. Players can even get the free volcano base too. It’s small but nice looking. So money doesn’t have to be spent for a nicer looking base.
    • Like x 4
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I would rather see some content designed that includes some of the newer layouts and themes. A few new duos or an alert that has us traveling through and fighting in one of our lairs.
  9. Lucerne Active Player

What's this about a free volcano base?
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

For "Home Turf" they did put housing into a pvp arena. But people exploited it and used it to screw over their opponents, so they gutted it.

In PvE i dont think its too far fetched to imagine players building housing around screwing up the pathing of the bosses to try to get them stuck on terrain.
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

in the Birds of Prey solo instance, BOP: Lexcorp Tower. once you've beaten Lobo at the end, a teleporter appears. do not use it. you have to wait 30 mins ( I believe ) before you leave the instance, so, yeah, fly back & forth between the entrance & exit killing adds to get the counter feats while the clock ticks down. once the half hour's up, you can leave. for your patience, you get the feat Clock Watcher. the reward for that feat is the Volcano Base. have you seen the Space Base? it's like that, but volcano themed. so, instead of the stars outside your far wall window, you've got a lava pit. dead cool, especially if you got a fire toon.

truly epic trolling from the devs.
    • Like x 4
  12. Eve YouTuber

I don't think we need to change the Dive default theme. But getting new themes with different layouts will be really cool. I would love to have a Fortress or Oa based Lair themes. I hope The Manor is selling well enough for Oceans to make us more lairs!!
  13. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I want more interaction at bases, regardless of how they look. I can furnish my base and can't sit down on a single piece of furniture? I would also like and option to have a maid or butler type person in my base. Ambush bug can run around my base being annoying but I can't a maid or butler walking around being professional? Would also be nice to adjust the lighting scheme inside bases, lighter or darker depending on mood and decor.
  14. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

On that note, you're right to say it, it's pretty, BUT TOO SMALL!

I had already proposed the idea of having small bases as a kind of "demo" base to the big base version, which could be obtained in the same kind of idea as the volcanic base, because I find it really unfair that some themes are available in big size version and not others, each theme of the game should have been accompanied by a small and big base, of course this idea concerns the default base of the game.