Death Metal open world

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hugojheredia, Oct 15, 2021.

1. hugojheredia Active Player

We know that everything is on the way to Death Metal. It's going to be the highlight of 2022. Now, the question is: how big is it going to be?
    My dream is that we have the biggest open world since Gotham and Metropolis. And we have a detailed map of this twisted world of Metal after (SPOILER) things do not go quite right for our heroes against Perpetua.
    Can we see all this vast territory? Maybe not in a single episode, but it will open with a second (or a third?) episode.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  2. Eve YouTuber

That would be neat. Just as big as Gotham and Metropolis (Or a little bit bigger) but it would be cool. I think the last big open world we had was Gotham Wastelands, which I rarely see anyone there.
    • Like x 2
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Creating a Gotham/Metropolis sized map is not something that they're likely to do because it would take too long and divert resources from other content being worked on concurrently. That's why the game has not seen a huge map since the game went live. All of the open worlds we've had have been smaller sections of existing assets (like alternate versions of Metropolis, Gotham, Patchwork Themyscira) or very small new locations (like New Genesis, Thanagar, 31st Century).
    • Like x 3
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Episode 39 had a fairly large openworld and didnt really do much did it?
    The ressources spend to make a big openworld map is better of to put into the the instance based content such as raids the next episode is Raid focused (what we usually get) which is what people want and even there we will just have 1 raid but with a properly designed and a large raid still im sure it will cost less ressources which is probably the goal of this idea,even there they had to balance things out and take out the second raid so i doubt that openworld has any large benefit on revenue to be putting that much time and ressources into it
    • Like x 1
  5. Lucerne Active Player

at this point I'd settle for a proper daytime or "red sky" Gotham map that isn't weirdly closed off.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

So big of a map...
    [IMG]

Better start falling in love with Save the Universe up scaling content. Would take them at least a year.
    • Like x 1
  7. hugojheredia Active Player

raids, alerts, duos or solitaires could be integrated into the map. They don't have to use different resources.
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

The map itself is the problem. A large open world area takes a lot of resources to produce, then add on building content on top of it.