Devs: Is it true that we won’t be able to finish the STU counter feats after DLC42?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olli Malicious, Oct 15, 2021.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I notice between 20-25 they counted as an Elite item. It had the elite item text and I got an Amenity activated.
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

I was making the more general point that these guys think they can attach feats to something to give it artificial appeal. They’ve been doing it with time capsules for years. A lot of the style items in time capsules are very low appeal, but the feats give attaining them a desirability they would not otherwise have. It’s the same with these boring old raids. Only, in my case at least, it hasn’t worked. This episode, alongside the clamping, broken cash grab allies and membership changes, is the lowest point in the history of DCUO, in my opinion. Jackster out.
    • Like x 1
  3. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Wholly agree! Am a little sad I completely missed the first round of content there, Fos2 Elite sounded like something I would have loved to try :)
    • Like x 2
  4. PhilOsyfee Active Player

I just want clarity well in advance on a date as to when the vendor or the content is potentially disappearing. Have no issue with it cycling or not getting every feat within the time-span it is around. I just want to ensure that if this is something I am taking part in, that I have enough time to get what I can with proper notice.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We were already told StU would feature new upscaled content when it came back around. You and I were discussing how often Save the Universe would return.
  6. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

This is October and we know since last week EP42 is launching December.
    Advance Notice: Check
    • Like x 1
  7. PhilOsyfee Active Player

I get what you are saying but this is not clear cut end times. If they have something in the game that is a timed release like holiday events which also have release windows that we are well aware of, I think this should have the same thing (since most players also didn't seem to be very aware of this content not staying)
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I do run it several times a week already... on different toons. I do that for the grains (one toon will buy the OP components, one gear, one stockpiles in case they come up with shiney items later) and so that I can sometimes help with a run as troll heal or tank where needed as you say. However I don't normally run several times on one toon, and definitely not running 25-30 min runs just for the counts on an excessive count feat. Spamming isn't 'fun' to me...if it were it wouldn't be called 'spamming'...it would be 'super happy fun runs' or something. No offense to Spam...it's a fine canned meat(as far as canned meats go), but generally 'spam' calls, 'spam' emails and 'spam' letters in the mail are NOT something you probably look forward too...not sure why anyone thinks 'spam' runs would be fine either.

And yes....running something every day when you get paid for it one time a week is spamming....Just not as aggressive as say doing 20 bounty rotations in one sitting.

And as far as the loot, you'd get like 4 drops (280 max...or garbage plans/base items) and 10 marks. I could get 4 drops in 4 runs of funhouse and go knock out a few bounties for the marks WAY faster. Sorry....loot is not a factor (unless you are replaying). Honestly with all the trash drops I get now with the seasonal running and Megas, I'd rather get no loot on re-runs so I can stop having to clean my inventory out....marks sure I suppose (there are better sources), but the junk? Nah, not a factor.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I haven't hit the 10 counter on raids yet....so right there with you. They chose the most un-rerunable runs just about (Ok...Khandaq would be worse) for these. I'm actually looking forward to ToTD as (assuming you have a good tank/group) that's one I could stomach running a few times in a row...FOS2 and Inner?....sorry, those were bad calls.
    • Like x 2
  10. Lucerne Active Player

StU should just be a default thing
    • Like x 1
  11. inferno Loyal Player

Well, that's good to know. I'm actually of two minds about the STU content. I would have preferred that it was added permanently like Doomsday Metropolis and have it supplement a regular DLC. But after these last months, I definitely did not want it used to replace a DLC while they're working on things.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Before the next episode drops it will be available again.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You'll get a clear cut end time when they announce the exact date the episode will release...which is usually a week or two before it drops.