QOL change for inventory cluster

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OnlyNomad, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Wow, your point is starting to fall apart like a wet cake here isnt it? I mean lets ignore the fact that you tried to (& failed to) deflect from yourself again, you brought up a pretty awful example. 3 main reasons really:

- Maybe "base helper" is just a really bad translation but the rest? Used, regularly. Stand in WT or HoD or HoL and tell me you dont see an aura or material. When you look, is everyone wearing the exact same style? 2 of my alts have 1 or 2 beginner styles on. Biker gloves and chevron belt. No reason at all to get rid of them.

- Plus they take up no space because from the very beginning there was a system built to house them listed in the Style Tab (The devs dont wave a wand and the OPs suggestion appears, it has to be made, costs time and money, resources badly needed elsewhere).

- And ofc theres the fact that what you suggested would be the devs wiping the specific aura/material files, whilst WE were talking about your inability to miss 1 single variation of an existing asset and shifting the blame. Are you under the impression that if you delete the stuff you definitely dont use, that everyone loses it?? Otherwise i cant imagine why you'd bring up Styles getting wiped from the entirety of the game. So you must, right?

Its not looking good is it? You keep replying for some reason but it really isnt going great for you. Lets get you a Title. Heres how we'll do it, i'll ask you a relevant question to this exact topic, and your answer will get you a Title. Sound good?

Question: When was the last time you used the Zeus Lightning Bolt Orbital?

Titles:
    - its been years (Hypocrite/Hoarder)
    - i use it regularly actually (******e) #

# Disclaimer: This Title exists because this specific Orbital is widly known to have caused lag, multiple disconnects, and sore eyes from its animation to all players unfortunate enough to be present in a raid with it.
  2. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Dont worry, you must be tired, fixed it for you.
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Was out of town so catching up but responded to the other thread about this. Progress has been made to make it so we can flag orbitals, supply drops, henchmen, and sidekicks to go to your dispenser once you equip them (or equip again if an older item). That required new tech we just got last week. Now the data work is convoluted but doable so hope to have that in with ep42.
    • Like x 18
  4. Proxystar #Perception

That would be great if we could finally delete trinkets we don't want in our inventory/bank but still want to recollect later without losing entirely, not able to get again or have to re-purchase.

Thanks for that.
    • Like x 2
  5. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

To answer your question, which lightning orbital? The one from SM or the one from the TC? If you're talking about the TC one. I had a Zeus style that I created a while back and I used it then. As far as the animation on the TC Zeus orbital, I highly suggest you check it out again. Its not a seizure inducing animation anymore they've toned it way down.
  6. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

What do you guys mean when you say "tech"? You talking about an update to the game engine? Knowledge on how to implement it? An update to xyz software not related to the game engine? Like what does that even mean its so vague.
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

This is an account wide addition yes? Use trinket 1 on character A > goes to dispenser, Log in character b and see trinket 1 in dispenser?
  9. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
  10. majin goku Level 30

will fortify menu get updated as well? in its current state its cluttered with maxed out augs, arts and other stuff. in my opinion they shouldnt even show if there maxed out
  11. OnlyNomad The One Above All

For Artifacts, I've toggle "Favorite" for mine and they seem to get greyed out in the menu. It's not a perfect fix for your issue but it makes it a bit better.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

When we say this, we mean new code from the engineering team that allows the other teams to do New Things they could not do before.
    • Like x 12
  13. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Cool... could you guys put in a "Uncompleted Feats" tab into the league interface?

Would make grouping up in a league for feat hunting easier.

Could change the dispenser so it auto installs "white mods" we select for each armory?

Can we change it so we don't have to go back to our base to save armouries, put a new tab in the inventory menu? That way we can play more and play with menus (not fun) less.

I hope this new tech makes it so we spend less time teleporting and in menus, that'd make this game even more fun and less busy work.

Edit: Oh.. and I'll bribe whichever Dev I have to get a league donation amenity.... PLEASE. Teleporting is cool, but... I'd rather kill things.

2nd Edit: And if we could select feats we submit to the league so they know what we are focusing on, that would be even better, I hope the tech can do that...
    • Like x 1
  14. Dark Nyghtwyng Level 30

I agree with my friend Creed here. It just feels like we are constantly in menus instead of actually playing the game. For reference, here is the laundry list of things we spend in menus that I can think of just off the top of my head:

• leveling up artifacts
    • leveling up allies
    • leveling up OP gear
    • leveling up origin augs
    • leveling up head or top mods
    • white mods for new gear
    • base generator mods
    • league generator mods
    • inventory management i.e. making sure your inventory is not full
    • warping from place to place
    • taking buffs
    • making character styles
    If we could possibly automate some of this stuff that would make for a much better experience. For example, create an option to upload all nth metal into a selected artifact until it is ready for breakthrough. Automatically place white mods into gear based on previously selected white mods. There has to be away to get the players out of their menus and actually play.
    • Like x 2
  15. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Good points, would be nice if they listed which episode each instance is from in the On Duty tab so it's easier to do feats, not sure why things are named two different things in the teleporters either, ie. Flashpoint Gotham and World of Flashpoint.
    • Like x 2
  16. Dark Nyghtwyng Level 30

Absolutely correct! This just adds time spent in the menus. Players have to constantly go back and forth through menus to look up feats, then instances, then back to their feat menu because they forgot something, then back to the instance, ect. I would love for someone to do an experiment. How much time is spent inside of each menu. That would be interesting. I might do it soon. I think players who are leveling up CR wise will have it worse off so I might start with one of my lower toons for a week, testing this. Each piece of gear I get I will put in white mods. I will level arts and allies and do all the typical thing a player does and I will attempt to time it.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Bigger hamsters.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

When you say 'favorite' you mean the item 'lock' selection thing(L3 on remote I think?) that makes it so you can't delete or salvage without extra confirmation? If so, yes...it helps a bit with Artis (I also do it with Nth to keep from accidentally feeding Nth where it should not be fed), if not...pray tell, where is this 'favorite' setting?
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Yeah, that's what I meant. It also greys out Artifacts that you've "Locked" in your fortification screen so that you can't feed them onto other ones. It's not a perfect fix but it's better than nothing.
  20. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Bigger or more roided hampsters?
    • Like x 1