Promised skin updates...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Last Dragon, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Oceans Developer

Megzilla wouldn't have had the blueprints or info to leave us with for those as she was one of our 2D artists and didn't actually work on these. The character artist that did work on the skins hasn't been part of the team for a couple years now, and he was the one looking into doing more. I'd love to look into how to get more skins working and updated, but it's ultimately up to if it's ever within scope for the character team.
    • Like x 13
  2. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

How great would it be to have more developers to help on those wish list items.
    Skins, movement animations, power themed pick ups, makeup, animated tail, and so many amazing things, but little time for each.
    Though it is highly appreciated that all possible effort is put to do as much as possible.
    • Like x 5
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Side projects are mostly an Oceans thing. :cool:
    • Like x 5
  4. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I was joking. :D
  5. zNot Loyal Player

They are looking for more devs..since a few months they are hiring like 5 more devs (last time i checked few months ago) for dcuo which is a big deal.

https://www.dimensionalink.com/careers

Edit: it seems like 4 of the spots are taken,So theres just 1 more left which is: VFX artist for dcuo.
    • Like x 3
  6. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

• Like x 5
  7. zNot Loyal Player

they only need a VFX artist now for dcuo :) maybe some day you can join them! :)
    The spots filled up quickly though lol
    • Like x 1
  8. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

My dream since 13/14 years old:D:)
    • Like x 4
  9. Lucerne Active Player

Every style is "0.1% used" lol, that's the point of a dress up game.

It's embarrassing that they haven't fixed basic issues like huge holes in the texture of iconic sets, skin visible through the armor itself, armor deforming like a half-finished 3D model on half the female body types, or even just avoiding clipping through the neck model of a major endgame set like the elemental android was.

Like, to fix Brainiac Invader, for starters all they need to do is extend the "undersuit" model a bit so there isn't a visible hole in reality in the character's chest and not in the fun way like astral alloy, then apply the same fix that went into Athletic body type to Sprite...

Elemental android just needs the bodysuit stretched and the neck clipping done via a replacement.
  10. Beat Active Player

True.
    But it kind of IS a problem when it's promised, I could see if it was all speculation, but like we already acknowledged, it was promised.

Don't mean to be b*tchy, but 2+ years for some skins? Not a big deal?

That's like I promise that i'll do the dishes then, you come home the next day and it's not done, you get over it and think " maybe he just had a long day, he'll do em' today for sure" then the next day..surprise. still not done. At that point it's not annoying because it's not done its annoying because it was PROMISED.

Wouldn't really be a big deal if it was never promised. All I'm saying. My opinion.
  11. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I agree wholeheartedly, there's a whole lot of things we were promised that was never delivered. I just don't get too hung up on those things knowing damn well they'll throw us another piss-poor excuse. I guess I just got used to it?
    • Like x 1
  12. Beat Active Player

I completely agree and am on the exact same side idea wise.
    Lmao it's just like the whole "Name Reclaim" thing, at this point I don't even care anymore, If I ever make an alt ill just assume every name is taken before even trying.
  13. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I think there was a time where they would just throw us any promises without really thinking about it. Time constraints, lack of resources, the old engine and other things probably put a halt on those promises. I see that they're trying to be more "realistic" with their promises by putting down everything planned on a road map now.
    • Like x 2
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To be fair, some of the things thought of as promises were only things that were being looked at or just mentioned as a good idea. But for some reason some folks took those comments as set-in-stone-absolutely-going-to-happen things. And unfortunately that trend seems to continue even now, even when the devs say outright that plans are subject to change.
    • Like x 2
  15. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Even so, I much prefer the direction they're taking now with the road map than having random devs post ambiguous things on the forums.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When and where exactly was it 'promised'?
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I just hope people keep in mind the line Panderus included in the latest development update before digging into the meat of the post:

Plans can always change.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Mentioning we want to do something is not a promise to do it. I think we're pretty careful about that, not that it helps.

If there is a specific post or comment in your memory for when a promise was made, I would love to see it.
    • Like x 4
  19. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Hey look I think I found one

20. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Megzilla is a caring and lovely person trying to help people as much as possible and listen to them. Everyone should stop taking advantage of her being an amazing developer and most importantly a great human giving attention and feedback to the community, whereas she was never obliged to.
    Players give suggestions, and the team acknowledges and cares, there is no obligation.