Devs: Great Job With the Fall Seasonal Vault

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I have to say I wasn't initially that excited by the vault coming back but you've outdone yourselves with the offerings here. The addition of so many past Halloween items along with artifact catalysts, Ally alliances, marks and gear is such a nice surprise.

If this is the way forward with seasonal vaults, I say bring it on.
    • Like x 21
  2. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I was actually going to make a post about this as well. They already have them themed after most of the seasonals, so seeing them return for each seasonal and drop all that cool stuff is very awesome! :D
    • Like x 4
  3. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah I love it when running it the goodies in there they get offered is awesome it is truly now a Vault. What is being done before was a joke I'm glad these new devs understand the meaning of it
    • Like x 4
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I am glad they didn't get rid of the vault altogether, though sometimes, I miss going in there, but I never get anything good but nth metal and realize the new system is better.

I agree @OP, they did a great job on the rewards.
    • Like x 7
  5. inferno Loyal Player

Me Likey. 32 times over.
    • Like x 4
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I’m more impressed with the Halloween areas in the House of Legends. It’s really great, I love it! The skeletons creeping around, the Halloween decorations, all of it shows off the creativity of the devs! I mean, like, wow I was impressed when I first saw it.

Thank you for making Halloween even better =^_^=
    • Like x 3
  7. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Halloween is my favorite DCUO holiday by far.
    • Like x 2
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Keep an eye out, there might be a little more than just Halloween items dropping from the Vault. I've seen a couple fall/Thanksgiving items from years past (Bountiful Cornucopia, Autumn Tree Branch), which does make sense as those are fall items.

However I also got a Fallen Vine Block from Tides of War today on a character's Vault run. o_O
    • Like x 2
  9. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

I got the ghostly aura, but I have no idea what I got it from. Combining that with arctic neon on my main really looks awesome.
    • Like x 2
  10. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

Halloween is definately my favorite DCUO holiday, i just love how gotham looks, and the events are the most fun for me and least tedious, and the costumes are fun ! All around best holiday \o/ Doesnt hurt that it's the only time of year you can get Isis and Tekl base items too
    • Like x 4
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

totally, 100%. they've done a bang-up job. I figured we'd be getting it back as the odd bonus week here & there, but having it back for the seasonals is perfect. great work, all 'round.
    • Like x 2
  12. Red Five Developer

Whoops! This is what happens when you quickly grab all base items with "Fall" in the name... :D
    • Like x 16
  13. Panderus Senior Producer

Glad everyone seems to be enjoying it. It's back because so many people asked for it (players and internally) and it really is a fun little event that maybe just needed some love and not be run every single day. After all, absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    • Like x 20
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I got a lovely surprise last night when I ran it and got the Victorian Cowl from last year! Adding in more styles/base items/collections from previous years is a great thing to do, and definitely cuts down on the Spooky Bite costs for people that have to catch up with previous years' items.
    • Like x 7
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Is there any way we can have the items that drop in there that are listed as character bound be account bound. I keep getting boos on characters I already have the sets on and belts on characters that have no boos. :/
    • Like x 5
  16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Agreed!

Also on a side note: the nth metal in the vault is account bound. So worth noting if you have many alts and utilise the shared bank.

By the end of the seasonal that's a lot of artefact xp you could save up.
    • Like x 2
  17. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Honestly it's better imo, because it's not cluttered with super common old styles, instead it only keeps items in there that are useful and work with the current seasonal, in terms of theme. So less cluttered inventory with trash items and more seasonal styles/base items, that are going to alts or my base.
    • Like x 3
  18. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

This 10,000%! :D

I need the boo belt on just three more toons and I keep getting it on toons that already have it.. It's been two years for one toon specifically, running everything everyday and he got nothing two years in a row while alts that already have it got it again and again.. I saved a few hoping they would be made account bound this year, but unfortunately that was not the case.

If they were not made account bound, I was hoping it would be in the vendor this year for like 100 marks, so I saved up on those toons specifically and.. that was not the case either. But hey, I bought a a bunch of those candy(xp) dispensers so that is a huge plus as I always had left over buckets to save for next year. :)
  19. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

Definitely a great job with this seasonal event, love that it doesn't take hours to run my alts for the seasonal event
    • Like x 1
  20. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

RIGHT lol I got a few styles from years ago and didn't have to use any Spookys and was so happy I mean the devs did an awesome job I cannot say that enough lol.