Flapping in the Night is the Best Race You've Ever Made

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AV, Oct 10, 2021.

1. AV Loyal Player

I love this race. The constant hairpins, beeline obstacles, and elevation changes make it really engaging despite it being Flight-based. Makes it so there are so many opportunities to try to shave some more time off and gives it an aggressively arcadey feel, in a good way. It was cool being a form and getting to squeeze through that tight S curve at the top of the building as well. Hope to see more races like this in the future. It used to be such an integral part of the game but it's so rare to get new races these days.

• Like x 15
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

I bet this race is driving people with controllers absolutely bonkers.
    • Like x 6
  3. AV Loyal Player

Some league friends are still consistantly doing low 50s with controllers. I agree it's probably harder to recover from an overly aggressive turn but still seems ok.
    • Like x 2
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I've done it with a controller on both PS & PC, & it's super easy once you get the hang of it. took a couple of goes on the PC to find me way around, but picked it up straight away on the PS. I'm not normally a fan of races, but I have enjoyed this one.
    • Like x 2
  5. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Honestly, I found it to be really easy compared to a lot of races. Goofy, too.
    • Like x 3
  6. AV Loyal Player

TBF it's a seasonal so the min requirements are extremely forgiving. I think the only truly challenging race was removed from the game (the SS Robinson Park), which I'll always be bummed about.
    • Like x 2
  7. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Platinum time should be like 3:00 minutes. Doing this with a controller is torture.
    • Like x 1
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

That and partial color blindness lmfao
    My best time to date is 6:34 i think smfh
    At this point i dont think even the stupid currency is worth the frustration.
    I tried gamma change as suggested an didnt help, also in erted colors as suggested an thought i was gonna stroke out hahaha
    • Like x 2
  9. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Ooh this is great, well done! :) I've been at it over the weekend, but couldn't seem to break through 50.4s~

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The Catwoman race for Acrobats is still in the game. For me that went beyond challenging to "the heck with this I'm not gonna get Platinum ever" in pretty short order. :confused:
    • Like x 2
  11. BumblingB I got better.

It's flying, so I had no problem on PC. Best time so far is 56.5...

On the switch, I barely got the first feat... I don't expect to get platinum at all...
  12. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Oh look, AV. I'm coming for you now :D

[IMG]

I better start recording these runs, in case I'll actually join you in the sub50 club :)
    • Like x 2
  13. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

This might sound rude, but I'd really like to watch what you guys are doing to see why you guys are having that much trouble completing the race with a controller.

I don't even like racing in this game and have completed the race on PS4, Switch and with the Xbox 360 controller on PC. I'm not trying to break my record or anything, I just do the race and the rest of the seasonal and move to another alt. The best time I remember was like 1:03 or something.
    • Like x 2
  14. AV Loyal Player

I'm sure it's doable and hope someone does but def at the point where it gets to be a pain to shave time off.
  15. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Personally... its much more imprecise in handling. The button for going faster is the same one to exit your movement mode and is important in moving altogether. Meaning that I'll randomly drop out of the sky or lose myself by overcorrecting and losing the next target out of my sight.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

My leaguemate setup a fun little quest to beat his best time. He will reward a leaguemate if they can beat it. lol
    [IMG]

Edit, not my time, which is only 56.5.
    • Like x 2
  17. AV Loyal Player

Nice. Yeah I believe .6 is possible but everything sub 50 gets to be kinda awful and feels like there's slush on how early the game let's us start as a factor, eg. Sometimes we can go near the end of the "n" sound in"one" and sometimes we get penalized if we don't wait for the voice line to be almost over.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I chocked that up to server lag. I've experienced the penalty too a few times.
    • Like x 2
  19. AV Loyal Player

Does anyone know if that affects start, end, and total times? One of my league mates is in the EU and wants to break 50.
  20. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Well I just got your time (49.8s) and am playing on US, from Germany :) Uploading the proofs as we speak!
    • Like x 1