DCUO Development Update - October 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, Oct 8, 2021.

1. HavanaHaze New Player

My favorite sentence from the whole update:
    "This is work that won't yield immediate results you can see, but will over the years ahead in where we can take the game."
    • Like x 2
  2. sebfm Well-Known Player

Hello DCUO Team,

Just read the news, it's looking epic. I'm really excited for the next to come. But right now, I'm enjoying the content already added ingame. :) Let's hope Perpetua won't win. :)
    • Like x 2
  3. SilkyPawz Bunny

While I understand that is what custom is there for, my question was will Omnibus be changed or updated to do that in case you all ever decide to remove custom?
    • Like x 1
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

This will be fun and frustrating at the same time... been to DC many times and you've already usurped the Federal Reserve/Department of the Interior buildings as well as utterly destroying Virginia Ave. for the HOJ based on the image. :)

We gonna get any missions inside the Metro stations (a la "Gotham City Subway")? Or at one of the airports (Reagan National being the closest in)? Air & Space Museum (or other branches of the Smithsonian)? Union Station? Will you make the Wilson Bridge open up on a schedule? (Yes, even after the rebuild it is still a drawbridge.) Will we get some assistance from Abby? (oops, wrong franchise) :D
  5. AZPrime Active Player

Can queuing up using the custom menu count towards the omnibus missions in the journal then? That way everyone wins, people using the omnibus get to play whatever they want and people who want to avoid specific instances get credit for doing what they like without having to suffer a deserter penalty to try to play it.
    • Like x 3
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Since you are answering data questions, will the census be updated with all missing names on gear, items, maps, and feats?
    • Like x 2
  7. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

SUPER EXCITED! The Hall of Justice!
    • Like x 1
  8. Harlequin Devoted Player

Any plans for tech to allow a player or group to attempt the same lockout over multiple sessions?
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Aaaw so you moved the blue beetle style from q3 this year to q1 next year..sad face :(
    • Like x 3
  10. Canadian Justice Committed Player

If the OP item for the next episode isn't shoulders, I riot.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

That's hilaripus! LOL

On a serious note, I'm super excited for the upcoming episode and changes. I will have to wait and see how a few things pan out. If I understood correctly, the block to heal aspect of the roleless buff is returning to EEG. In addition to that, we are having our scaling cr increased from 10 to 15 above the npcs.

As it is, I generally feel like all roles are needed to play content now. Adding the block to heal aspect and increasing our scaling cr seems to lessen the need for a healer. Again, just an observation on my part and maybe I'm misunderstanding.

I'm also excited for the back end updates that have been and are continuing to take place. A change like that doesn't happen overnight and I appreciate the effort that everyone is putting in.
    • Like x 1
  12. Blight KOBRA Commander

While I'm always happy that the devs pull from actual and recent material based on DC comics, I also have a narrative concern.

More and more the 'villain' side of the playerbase is getting drawn into campaigns that make little sense, in terms of where our faction stands and since the two main sides of the game are the Justice League and the Legion of Doom, how is this storyline going to work for both sides? Are the hero players going to work to stop Perpetua while we villains aid her and Lex, or are we going to be represented as some renegade faction that is dragooned into reigning Luthor in? This was my major problem with the Legion expansion and why I wasn't a fan of it. I appreciate the hard work and effort the devs put in this game and keep it running, but I feel that the exclusivity and separate hero/villain experience is being left by the wayside.
    • Like x 3
  13. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

The lack of separation is a big point as well. I would like to see more dedicated stories for heroes and villains
    • Like x 4
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Looks brilliant. Those art assets for the Open World area with the Hall of Justice are already making me drool.

And, without getting too political ... Washington D.C. has the potential to have a LOT of Bounties... ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Mr.W Committed Player

I applaude these changes. Please catch your roses as they are thrown to the stage.
    • Like x 2
  16. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Honestly, I don’t know what difference this will make. Maybe it will be great; maybe we won’t even notice. All I know is that right now elite raids are easier for elite players just before they drop into EEG; and then they become harder for everyone once they drop into EEG. It’s a cruel punch in the gut to mid-range players - the ones who were gladly waiting a year or three for their chance at those even then challenging elite feats.

As the game is right now the message is that you don’t want me to eventually chase all of the feats. Message received. I chased them because I liked having an accomplishment to look forward to years down the road. I’ve realized that the truth is I don’t need to chase any of them at this point, and that includes the money spent on time capsules.

The design for episode 42 looks great. The raid will probably be too long (no save point - you’re committed once you start or lose full rewards). And I’ll continue to log in and enjoy what I can while saving myself the hundreds to thousands of dollars I spent chasing things I don’t need. Maybe you’ll prove me wrong on that last point, but I doubt it.
    • Like x 1
  17. Midnight Man8 Level 30

What about the next Bonus Double Artifacts XP event that should always be happen compulsorily before each time a new Episode DLC be launched?

When is the first Bonus Double Ally XP event be happening?
    • Like x 2
  18. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

All sounds delicious .
  19. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

My initial thoughts about only having one big raid? Ughhhh......this is gonna suck isn't it....

To me, long raids just become really tedious, really quickly. They just drag on and on and on and on.......(just like the current alert!). It actually puts me off wanting to even queue up for them half the time! Hopefully the new raid won't be too dull after doing it a couple of times, but I'm sorry, I'm not holding out too much hope that it won't become really boring after a few runs.
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im hoping as long as the difficulty ramps up at each boss fight, making the raid itself a "choke point" progression style raid. Im all for it, rather then 5-6 average bosses.
    • Like x 4