What is the button used to increase the flight speed in this ludicrous bat race?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by bruceleroy98, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, you can't make the camera move with stick as fast as Mouse....ever. The better option is dropping from SS for the sharp turns. Platinum is still doable going in and out of SS. I got it last night after a few tries on different toons.
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

That's always been part of the race mechanics. If you're getting close to hitting something, drop out of the fast movement mode and you won't get the slowdown. It's not fun, but it's manageable.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I probably will try to get platinum this weekend when I spend time in the game while doing laundry. It's the dang 30 sec waiting that kills it for me.
    • Like x 3
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

[IMG]

;)
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I am but a half pleb.
    • Like x 1
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I'm gonna go prepare my voice for a lot of screaming when failing with to complete it on my switch and ps5 lol
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I know that feel bro.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I don’t wish misery on people, but can you guys please fire whomever said, “Hey, let’s make a new race!”
    • Like x 3
  9. BumblingB I got better.

If I remember right, they mentioned that they found a lot of unused assets from the initial game development that they've been repurposing. Such as races and maps. Earth 3 area is when they mentioned this.
  10. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Races are a good example of using poorly designed movement mechanics to create a higher difficulty. The games poorly design targeting mechanics (Object vs NPC for example) are another example of creating difficulty using bad mechanics.
  11. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Nice!:)
    Is there a reward?
  12. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

That's so you can calm down, stop screaming and take a breath. :D
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

For silver, gold, and platnum you get a different quality transformation trinket. Converts you into a bat. The platnium gives the best looking one, which has emissive eyes, like Darkseid.
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Or spend that time picking your switch off the floor from which it was tossed to?
    • Like x 1
  15. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

The rule is: If you break something it's time to turn off the game.
    Really, I don't mind the races I just wish I could do it with my character.
    • Like x 1
  16. Irvynnge Loyal Player

lol. this thread! I'm the most cack-handed person I know, I am terrible at races, & I've popped that bugger first crack Platinum on at least seven or eight toons today. the very first time I did it ( last night ), I got all confused & cocked it up, but it's easy once you know where you're going. slow down as you go through the rings, speed up between them. & don't bang in to anything. that's it. that's all you gotta do. good luck!
  17. bruceleroy98 Active Player

Yo........

It took me....3......hours....to get silver and an hour to get bronze. I got the hang of it now thanks to everyone's tips bit they need to fix races in this game.

They are so unpleasant lol.
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Managed to get it on the 7th try on my ps5 With my cat on my lap(which made it 150% harder to make it since he was purring so much that he distracted me XD)
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

U on ps? Could always get someone to help thru shareplay controller pass
  20. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

tip: boost to a circle. stop boost, turn, see next circle, boost to it. repeat. Extra tip: the circle includes bats pointing to where the next circle is.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1