A suggestion: Back Emblems.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Some styles in-game only allow emblems on the front.
    [IMG]
    Some styles in-game only allow emblems on the back.
    [IMG]

And some styles don't even allow emblems at all(not gonna get into that but hey.. it's information)

Well I was messing around with my Star-Spangled costume, and I was thinking to myself What if I could have the commander Steel Emblem on the front and back of my chest style? What if I could have a green lantern emblem on a classic cape?

This is were this idea of Back Emblems comes in, It would basically be an extra option to let you have another emblem of your choice but only on the back styles or back of the chest style.

You could wear both the front and back emblems together, one, or if you don't like the back emblem it can be just turned to none like the regular version can.

I even made a picture to show what It could look like in the style UI(It's an example, so please excuse my amateur editing skills :p)
    [IMG]

I know with the Various Chest styles, back styles, and what not it would take a long time to get this implemented; but I'd figure it wouldn't hurt anything to just throw this idea out there.
    • Like x 6
  2. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Yeah there are definitely a few times this would have came in handy. Probably is one of the biggest reasons that I don't wear an emblem at all.
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The devs have made a couple of back pieces that allow for emblem use (Shim'Tar and Energy Armor back at least), so maybe that would be a better way to go. Maybe something like the Lantern gear back pieces, a disc or something shaped that allows for emblem use.

My big thing with that idea would be to make sure the back piece itself isn't all that large or bulky, and making sure the emblem itself gets most of the real estate on the piece.
    • Like x 1
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Its shocking to me this game, a super hero game, doesnt allow us to put emblems on capes. Someone dropped the ball on that one.

Honestly every chest should have an emblem spot. All the capes too. Now they arent gonna go change all the old ones but considering we get about 8-10 new emblems every 2 months all chest and cape styles going forward should have an emblem slot.

I liked the shoulder one on the shim tar gear too. We need more of that. Oh and belts. We should have belts with a big circle as the buckle where an emblem can go. Like this below.
    [IMG]
    Thundercats hoooooo :p Id love to see us be able to use materials on emblems too. But certain slots for the emblems. Like turn the flash lightning bolt phoenix. Otherwise it would just be a glowing circle on your chest :confused: And when are we gonna be able to enhance the lantern emblems from the 1st TC?
    • Like x 6
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Yeah, I gotta admit that one's a little bit of a head-scratcher. Unless there was/is some tech limitation, it's surprising that hasn't happened.
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Seems to always be a tech limitation :p
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, there's always the chance it was DC saying "no" or they just didn't like how it ended up looking. But considering it took as long as it did for the emblem slots on the Energy Armor and Shim'Tar backs my first thought would go to tech limitation.

What can I say, when there's no definitive answer I try to look for all possibilities. :D
  8. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

One thing we realy need is emblems on the head styles :O
    • Like x 1
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I was thinking more or less the same...a new cape that allowed you to put an emblem on it, and a disk no bigger than the Ancient Amazonian back piece that could display your emblem in the same way that one shield does. That would look so boss.
    • Like x 1
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Im only joking. That "we dont have tech" has been said a lot in the past.
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I think the idea of emblems on capes or an alts back is a great idea. Let's be honest there is some armor out there that does not even support having an emblem on the chest so if it can go on the alt's back or cape they still can wear one.

As for it being some huge technical issue .. Only issue I can think of would be to get some one on the DEV team to write the code. YES it would then need to be added to every single piece of gear available in game but while I admit I know nothing about writing code I can't imagine this would be a process that required them to go in and re code each and every back piece and every cape.

I vote YES to back and cape emblems
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I got the joke (did notice the emoticon lol), I just felt like needlessly elaborating. I'm prone to doing that, so don't mind me. :D
  13. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Being a new player I admit that I was thoroughly shocked that this feature did not exist. I was surprised as well that we cannot rotate or otherwise "place" them. Typically it is kind of the basic approach to in-game emblems. At the least there should be something like what they have in GTA where you are able to chose front small, front large, back, etc. Just a few basic preset locations/sizes. Even something small and simple like that would be a step up.
  14. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

there is not enough crap in TCS for you???
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Leave the TC stuff out of this thread, Thank you.

If you want to go rant on TC's do it elsewhere.
  16. Nº4 Level 30

SHARE info please... Magnetic Paladine have Back style where you can put your own EMBLEM... that is the one that i know atm... anyone know another back style able to put the emblem?
    COMPARTAN info por favor... Paladin Magnetico es el estilo que yo conozco que permite poner tu propio emblema en la espalda... si conocen algun otro.. por favor compartan info.. espero respuesta.
  17. Nº4 Level 30

can you please give me the name about this back style that you use in the screenshot? pre thanks
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Not going to read all responses to see if someone said it.

This is a tech limitation of the styles themselves. Emblem slots are hard coded into the piece when designed and there is very little wiggle room for them to work with. They can scale it and move it around in the slot, but they can't free place it without having a slot for the emblem to go, unfortunately.

They have added emblems to specific styles and future styles will probably get a better treatment, but older styles will most likely never get touched to work with placements.

Of course, they could come up with a new system that can work with older tech, but from experience I've seen with Accessories, there could be clipping and other problems.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Classic Duster chest
    Detective chest
    Split Personality chest
    Street chest
    Trench Coat chest
    Urban Slick chest
    Energy Armor back
    Shim'Tar back
    Main Man chest
    Gotham Academy Letterman chest
    Metropolis University Letterman chest
    Hiker back
    Psycho Jester chest
  20. Nº4 Level 30

very very thanks... the chests dont like because i want the emblem too in the front... but there are 2 or 3 back styles that i was missing... Thanks..
    If anyone want to know all the info compiled Atm the ones that i know are:
    Shim´Tar back style, Hiker back style, Energy Armor Back style, Psicho Jester back style, and the Magnetic Paladine back style...
    VERY THANKS BRO... i apreciated it