Up-Votes Needed Not getting daily rewards

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Aren Sul, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Aren Sul Committed Player

I'm unsure as why this is happening, but I have a theory. So, I have been going in every day, and perhaps I may have missed one day in the last couple of weeks. But last Thursday, I was talking to my friends about how I somehow missed a day, so I made a point of checking every day and now I'm 2 days behind! And, I've logged in a number of times today and can't get the reward yet.

I think the problem is I log in at different times because of my work schedule. And this daily reward isn't by day, it seems to be "24 hours after your last log in". So, for instance:
    • I log in at 8PM day 1, and get my reward, and the free Save the Universe
    • I log in at 10AM day 2, reward not ready, but I get the free Save the Universe
    • I log in at 9PM day 3. The game did not see me from 8PM day 2 to 8PM day 3. I still pick up my Save the Universe
      (And yes, most of those days I'm playing as well - just indicating the 'daily' claim stuff.)
    So I lost a day despite being in.
    Now I don't know if that's how it works, but somehow I'm at the end of the month trying to get today's that I still can't claim yet, with 4 days unclaimable and there is only one day left to go. I honestly don't care about the rewards themselves - I got all the good stuff. But this is very confusing and the last thing I want to do is set up a calendar with a reminder for the exact times I need to log in to have it be counted.
    • Like x 2
  2. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

Reward is by day. It's just pegged to 0:00 UTC. Convert that to your time zone to find out what local the local time is for you.
    • Like x 1
  3. Aren Sul Committed Player

Thanks much for that information. I had no idea what the timing basis was.

I got my last one yesterday at 9/29 8PM EST, so that's 0:00. I'm waiting to get today's right now (20 more minutes to go, I guess). It says 1 day left and I'm currently seeing 4 unclaimed days. In a few minutes, it will be 8, and I will then have 3 unclaimed days. So that leaves one more claim available tomorrow, 9/30 8PM EST. I will have two days unclaimed. Somehow from Thursday to Thursday, despite being on everyday, I lost another day. The only logical thing I can think of is the system saw me as logged in twice in one period and zero in the next - due to my idiosyncratic login times.

I think they should tie it to the other game resets, such as the daily missions I've been able to get each day.
  4. Aren Sul Committed Player

Nope. 8:05. I now have 4 blocked days with 1 day left to claim. I'll try again before going to sleep.
  5. Alsovar New Player

It resets everyday at 8PM EST. The problem is that if you sign in at 7:55 to wait and see your rewards at 8PM, that won't work. You have to log out and log back in AFTER 8PM, then you will see the ability to claim it.

If you were to join every night at 9PM for example, there would be no problem.

I wish it was tied to mission reset time at around 4AM EST or whatever, but alas.
    • Like x 1
  6. Karr Level 30

False information that thing is bugged. Today is the 30th and I should be at bonus day 9 but nope I'm at 5 and I know folks who are collecting bonus day 11 ! Tried to contact daybreak by ticket but was too to report it here
  7. Aren Sul Committed Player

This all makes total sense. Since 8PM is the most common time I begin playing with friends and that doesn't happen every single day, I can see how a day can get skipped despite my being on and playing for a few hours:
    • I log in on day 1 at 8:05PM - play with friends for a few hours
    • I log in on day 2 at 7:55PM - play with friends for a few hours
      The system still sees me as being in the day 1 time frame. Unless I'm fortunate enough to get disconnected, it doesn't see this as 'logging in' on day 2.
    • I log in on day 3 at 8:05 - So I missed day 2, despite being active and playing.
    @mepps: I think we can do better.
  8. kao09 New Player

I just started having this problem when I go to collect the daily rewards I don't get them, but it says collected.
    • Like x 1