Dev Discussion Allies: Updated Tooltips

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Sep 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, we are in internal QA.
    • Like x 1
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Fair enough.
  3. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

Understood. But just to reiterate what others have said once internal discussion returns to the balancing of Combat Suture, please don't nerf the healing so hard that it becomes useless. Considering the cost to level this ally and the fact that using a weapon buff to self-heal is niche anyway, completely useless if using a might build for example, it should be strong. That said, a heal for 50% of the player's health, 12 second cooldown at max rank, is very strong yet reasonable to me.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Updated tooltips:

Allies and Tooltips

We want to describe better how the different allies function. This info will soon be in the game directly. Our teams have confirmed these abilities are working on live now as described, but we will also look for feedback, bug reports, and questions.

Oracle-Bot
    When summoned, Oracle-Bot fires a three pronged ray barrage that damages her target.

When she is not active in combat, she assists by repairing gear. Every five seconds she will repair an amount of durability on the piece of gear with the lowest durability level. As affinity with her grows, so does the amount of durability she will be able to repair.

Combat Ability: Wrist Rockets
    • Fires a three-pronged ray barrage at a single target. Damage amount increases with affinity level.
    Passive Ability: Tinker
    • Every five seconds the single piece of gear with the lowest durability is repaired for an amount of durability. The amount repaired goes up with affinity level.
    Affinity Levels
    1. Wrist Rockets: Activated
    2. Wrist Rockets: +100% damage
    3. Wrist Rockets: +50% damage; Tinker: Repairs 5 durability
    4. Wrist Rockets: +35% damage; Tinker: +5 durability
    5. Wrist Rockets: +25% damage; Tinker: +5 durability
    Calculator-Bot
    When summoned, Calculator-Bot generates a damage field that lasts for 6 seconds, dealing damage to all enemies within. As affinity with Calculator-Bot grows, the damage taken by enemies in the sphere increases.

When not active in combat, Calculator-bot assists by healing 5% of max health any time damage is received. The cooldown on this ability decreases as affinity with Calculator-bot increases.

Combat Ability: Assertion Assault
    • Generates an AoE Sphere on target. Enemy NPCs in the sphere take damage for 6 seconds. Damage dealt scales up with each affinity level.
    Passive Ability: Stack Overflow
    • When damage is taken, 5% of max health is healed. Initial cool down is 30 sec with cool down time decreasing at each affinity level.
    Affinity Levels
    1. Assertion Assault: Activated
    2. Assertion Assault: +100% damage
    3. Assertion Assault: +50% damage; Stack Overflow: Activated with 30 second cooldown
    4. Assertion Assault: +35% damage; Stack Overflow: cooldown -5 seconds
    5. Assertion Assault: +25% damage; Stack Overflow: cooldown -5 seconds
    HoL-Bot
    When summoned, the HoL-Bot unleashes a channeled electric attack on a single target for 6 seconds. This attack does extra damage on bosses and stuns non-bosses. As affinity with HoL-Bot increases, the damage increases.

When not active in combat, HoL-Bot restores a percentage of power every time an enemy is stunned by the player. As affinity with the HoL-Bot grows, the percentage of power restored increases.

Combat Ability: Shock Jock
    • Unleashes a single target, channeled attack for 6 seconds. Does bonus damage versus bosses and stuns non-bosses. Damage scales up with each affinity level achieved.
    Passive Ability: Power Thief
    • Upon applying a stun, a percentage of power is restored, with a 30 second cooldown. Percentage restored increases with affinity level.
    Affinity Levels
    1. Shock Jock: Activated
    2. Shock Jock: +100% damage
    3. Shock Jock: +50% damage; Power Thief: Activated at 5% power restored
    4. Shock Jock: +33% damage; Power Thief: +5% power restored
    5. Shock Jock: +25% damage; Power Thief: +5% power restored
    Cyborg
    When summoned, Cyborg fires at the targeted enemy. The projectile may pass through the target and also damage other enemies, splitting the total damage. As affinity with Cyborg grows, the total amount of damage done increases.

When not active in combat, Cyborg will increase power regeneration if at least one base generator cell is above 50%. As affinity with Cyborg grows, the amount of power regenerated increases.

Combat Ability: Power Chord
    • Fires a projectile in line at single target. Projectile may pass through and split damage on multiple targets.
    Passive Ability: All Your Base
    • Increase power regeneration when at least one base generator cell is above 50%. Power regeneration increases at each affinity.
    Affinity Levels
    1. Power Chord: Activated
    2. Power Chord: +24% damage
    3. Power Chord: +19% damage
    4. Power Chord: +16% damage; All Your Base: Activated at 28 power regeneration
    5. Power Chord: +14% damage; All Your Base: +7% power regenerated
    6. Power Chord: +12% damage; All Your Base: +10% power regenerated
    7. Power Chord: +11% damage; All Your Base: +9% power regenerated
    8. Power Chord: +10% damage; All Your Base: +11% power regenerated
    Flash
    When summoned, Flash deals a cone that damages all enemies in its path. It also has the chance to knock down non-bosses. As affinity with Flash grows, both the damage and chance to knock down a non-boss increase.

When not in active combat, Flash decreases the time between when combat ends and when normal movement speed is returned. As affinity with Flash grows, this time is decreased.

Combat Ability: Tilt a Whirl
    • Activates a cone attack that deals damage to all NPCs in range. Also has a chance to knock down non-boss NPCs.
    • Damage and knock down chance increase as affinity level increases.
    Passive Ability: Walk It Off
    • This causes a decrease in the amount of time between the end of combat and when normal movement rate returns. The amount of time is decreased further with each level of affinity achieved.
    Affinity Levels
    1. Tilt A Whirl: Activated at 5% knock down
    2. Tilt A Whirl: +5% knock down and +43% damage
    3. Tilt A Whirl: +5% knock down and +30% damage
    4. Tilt A Whirl: +23% damage; Walk It Off: Activated at .7 second reduction (from 3.8 seconds default to 3.1 seconds)
    5. Tilt A Whirl: +19% damage; Walk It Off: +.1 second reduction
    6. Tilt A Whirl: +16% damage; Walk It Off : +.2 second reduction
    7. Tilt A Whirl: +5% knock down and +14% damage; Walk It Off: +.3 second reduction
    8. Tilt A Whirl: +5% knock down, +12% damage increase; Walk It Off: +.2 second reduction (2.3 seconds time between slow and normal movement speed)
    Professor Zoom
    When summoned, Professor Zoom creates a tornadic vortex that pulls in and damages enemies. As affinity with Professor Zoom increases, the amount of damage from the vortex increases.

When not in active combat, Professor Zoom enhances all out-of-combat movement speeds. This speed enhancement increases as affinity with Professor Zoom increases.

Combat Ability: Whirly Gig
    • Creates a sphere that pulls targets in and damages them. Damage increases with affinity level.
    Passive Ability: Hot Foot
    • Increases movement speed when not in combat. Speed increase improves with affinity level.
    Affinity Levels
    1. Whirly Gig: Activated
    2. Whirly Gig: +9% damage
    3. Whirly Gig: +8% damage
    4. Whirly Gig: +8% damage; Hot Foot: Activated at +5% speed
    5. Whirly Gig: +7% damage; Hot Foot: +5% speed
    6. Whirly Gig: +7% damage; Hot Foot: +5% speed
    7. Whirly Gig: +6% damage; Hot Foot: +3% speed
    8. Whirly Gig: +6% damage; Hot Foot: +2% speed
    Flashpoint Batman
    When summoned, Flashpoint Batman fires weapons at the targeted enemy, stunning non-bosses and dealing extra damage to bosses. He then throws three exploding Batarangs which damage and knock down enemies in range.

When not in active combat, Flashpoint Batman can increase defense when you are solo and, to a lesser extent, in a group. This defense will improve as affinity levels increase.

When not in active combat, Flashpoint Batman can heal you when you activate a weapon buff. The amount of the heal is based upon your Precision. The Precision percentage will increase as affinity levels increase.

Combat Ability: Crime Alley Assault
    • Channels a single target ray at one target, doing damage for 4 seconds, and also has a chance to stun non-bosses.
    Passive Ability: Sole Detective
    • Increases defense when you are not grouped. Defense increase is halved when grouped. The percent defense increases as affinity levels increase.
    Passive Ability: Combat Suture
    • When you activate a weapon buff, you will be healed for an amount based upon a percentage of your Precision with a cooldown of 30 seconds. The Precision percentage will increase as affinity level increases.
    Affinity Levels
    1. Crime Alley Assault: Activated
    2. Crime Alley Assault: +40% damage
    3. Crime Alley Assault: +29% damage
    4. Crime Alley Assault: +22% additional increase damage; Sole Detective: Activated at 3% defense;
    5. Crime Alley Assault: +18% damage; Sole Detective: +3% defense
    6. Crime Alley Assault: +15% damage; Sole Detective: +2% defense; Combat Suture: Activated at 10% of Precision in healing
    7. Crime Alley Assault: +13% damage; Sole Detective: +1% defense; Combat Suture: +3% of Precision in healing
    8. Crime Alley Assault: +12% damage; Sole Detective: +1% defense; Combat Suture: +2% of Precision in healing
    9. Crime Alley Assault: +11% damage; Sole Detective: +2% defense; +5% of Precision in healing
    10. Crime Alley Assault: +10% damage; Sole Detective: +3% increase; +5% of Precision in healing
    Queen Diana
    When summoned in battle, Queen Diana taunts all enemies in range, drawing their attacks. When they attack her, they take damage and have a chance to be knocked down. The damage amount and knock down chance both increase as the affinity level for Queen Diana increases.

When not active in combat, she can reduce the damage from those enemies that have been pulled. The higher the affinity with her, the higher the damage reduction.

When not active in combat, she can reward a successful breakout maneuver with a might bonus for you. This bonus is based on the number of nearby teammates. The amount of the might bonus increases as your affinity level with her increases.

Combat Ability: Command Presence
    • Taunts all nearby enemies. Those enemies that attack her receive damage and suffer a chance of knock down. Both the damage amount and the knock down chance for non bosses increase as affinity levels increase.
    Passive Ability: Take That
    • When enemies are successfully pulled, their basic attack damage is reduced for 6 seconds. This reduction is increased as affinity levels increase.
    Passive Ability 2: Don't Weaken
    • When a player successfully performs a breakout, they will receive a might buff based on the number of nearby group members. This buff is will increase as affinity levels increase.
    Affinity Levels
    1. Command Presence: Activated with 4% knockdown chance
    2. Command Presence: +16% damage and +4% knock down chance
    3. Command Presence: +14% damage and +2% knock down chance
    4. Command Presence: +12% damage and +1% knock down chance; Take That: Activated at 2% damage reduction
    5. Command Presence: +11% damage and +1% knock down chance; Take That: +1% damage reduction
    6. Command Presence: +10% damage and +1% knock down chance; Take That: +1% damage reduction; Don't Weaken: Activated at 1% Might per nearby teammate
    7. Command Presence: +9% damage and +1% knock down chance; Take That: +1% damage reduction; Don't Weaken: +.05% Might per nearby teammate
    8. Command Presence: +8% damage and +1% knock down chance; Take That: +1% damage reduction; Don't Weaken: +.05% Might per nearby teammate
    9. Command Presence: +8% damage and +3% knock down chance; Take That: +2% damage reduction; Don't Weaken: +.05% Might per nearby teammate
    10. Command Presence: +7% damage and +2% knock down chance; Take That: +2% damage reduction; Don't Weaken: +.05% Might per nearby teammate
    Emperor Aquaman
    When summoned in battle, Emperor Aquaman calls the Kraken. Its tentacles engulf enemies, damaging and stunning them.

If not in active combat, Emperor Aquaman can encourage other allies to respond faster in combat when needed.

If not in active combat, Emperor Aquaman can boost pet damage when pets are given power. This damage improves as affinity with Emperor Aquaman increases.

Combat Ability: Release the Kraken
    • Spawns Kraken tentacles in a sphere. Enemies in the sphere are entangled in tentacles, causing damage and stunning non-bosses. Damage increases as affinity increases.
    Passive Ability: Seaside Restart
    • Upon using a Supercharge, ally's active power cooldown is reduced. Reduction is based on the type of supercharge used and the affinity level.
    Passive Ability: Hear My Call
    • Sorcery and Earth pets will receive bonus damage for 10 seconds when Offering or Fortify Golem are activated. Bonus damage increases as affinity level increases.
    Affinity Levels
    1. Release the Kraken: Activated
    2. Release the Kraken: +45% damage
    3. Release the Kraken: +31% damage
    4. Release the Kraken: +24% damage; Seaside Restart: Activated at 2500SC 1 second, 5000SC 1.5 seconds, 10000SC 9 seconds reduction
    5. Release the Kraken: +19% damage; Seaside Restart: 5000SC +.5 seconds, 10000SC +1 seconds reduction
    6. Release the Kraken: +16% damage; Seaside Restart: 5000SC +.5 seconds, 10000SC +1 seconds reduction; Hear My Call: Activated at 5% damage increase
    7. Release the Kraken: +14% damage; Seaside Restart: 2500SC +1 second, 5000SC +.5 seconds, 10000SC +1 seconds reduction; Hear My Call: +2% damage increase
    8. Release the Kraken: +12% damage; Seaside Restart: 2500SC +1 second, 5000SC +1.5 seconds, 10000SC +1 seconds reduction; Hear My Call: +3% damage increase
    9. Release the Kraken: +11% damage; Seaside Restart: 2500SC +1 second, 5000SC +1.5 seconds, 10000SC +1 seconds reduction; Hear My Call: +2% damage increase
    10. Release the Kraken: +10% damage; Seaside Restart: 2500SC +1 second, 5000SC +1.5 seconds, 10000SC +1 seconds reduction; Hear My Call: +3% damage increase
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Relevant TEST SERVER patch notes.

Allies
    General
    • Most Allies are no longer attackable by NPCs, to prevent them from being Crowd Controlled on occasion.
      • Queen Diana remains attackable due to the nature of her combat ability.
    • Most Allies will now blink closer to the most recent hate target of the player if they deem themselves too far away.
      • Example: Emperor Aquaman will blink close to the enemy and then do his Area of Effect attack.
    HoL-Bot
    • Power Thief (passive) will now have a 30 second cooldown at all levels.
    Flashpoint Batman
    • Sole Detective (passive) will now apply while solo at 100% potency and in groups at 50% potency (instead of only applying while solo)
    • Sole Detective (passive) will now begin its defense buff at 3% at Level 4, up to 15% at Level 10.
    • Combat Suture (passive) will now heal based on 10% of your precision starting at Level 6, up to 25% of your precision at Level 10, with a 30 second cooldown at all levels.
    Emperor Aquaman
    • Hear My Call (passive) will now buff sorcery and earth pet damage when the player uses an ability that grants power to their pet (Offering, Fortify Golem). At all levels, this buff lasts 10 seconds and has a cooldown of 12 seconds.
    • Hear My Call's (passive) damage buff begins at 5% at Level 6 and increases to 15% by Level 10.
    Queen Diana
    • Take That (active) will now hit all pulled targets (instead of just one)
    • Like x 2
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Flashpoint batmans passive for group content is OP.. 7.5% defense up at all times on tanks is alot and him only being obtainable by paying is …. Interesting.
    • Like x 4
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Then reduce the amount while in tank mode specifically?
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Before I give my feedback (because right now I want to say something stupid), does this at least work with Source Shard or is it literally JUST FOR two and only two powersets in the game?
    • Like x 1
  9. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Not so sure about the update to Hear My Call.

How about adding a pet damage crit chance instead?
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Can you please clarify this?

In your first post you said that aquaman would buff powerset pets and iconics. This means robot sidekick, turret, snow devil, swarm. Not just fury, and crystal. However in the second post it says that this buff sorcery and earth lets when they use offering/fortify. Does this mean that aquaman hear my call is only useful for those 2 power sets?

I’m personally not a pet player but I can see pet being upset by this is that’s the case.
    • Like x 1
  11. zNot Loyal Player

Yes or a flat amount.. % for Tanks the amount of defense this would give to tanks is like xx of Combat rating worth of gear.

around 70k +defense worth of gear is there for Tanks atm with full elite (i assume its only scaling from the base defense not the total) with no buffs of power and white mods etc. so considering it will calculate only base defense its like 9.3k+ defense at level 10 on group content for Tanks this should definetly not be happening.

Allies are artifacts 2.0 i hope the devs are aware on how we are already OP and the allies just push it further.
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Sorry i misscalculated its 5250 defense with current max gear with 70k base defense from gear only for Tanks which is a absurd amount of defense so i still stand behind what i said previously. Its too way too much
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The way Hear My Call works now is that it is tied to powers like Offering and Fortify Golem. You activate one of those powers and you see the damage increase.

What I'm seeing though is that Hear My Call is buffing Robot Sidekick and Pet Trinkets. You can also buff multiple pets at one time.

EDIT:
    Hear My Call + Offering can be used to buff Ally damage like Oracle-Bot's Rocket Attack.

EDIT #2:
    Hear My Call + Offering can be used to buff Artifact pets like Grimorium.

So as far as I can tell, Hear My Call + Offering is buffing anything that can be considered a "pet."
    • Like x 2
  14. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Interesting is not the word I used on the league Discord.

Love what Batman and Diana offer to tanks. Not exactly thrilled to have such power behind a paywall. This feels like the top of a very slippery slope.
    • Like x 5
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report

So I'm trying out Flashpoint Batman's Sole Detective Passive at max level with two players.

Base Defense Stats
    Player #1 : 60665
    Player #2: 11067

Solo Defense Buff
    Without anyone in the group and , Player #1's Base Defense goes to 69764. That's working so far.

Group Buff
    If I invite Player #2 to the group, I see the following:

Player #1: 64911
    Player #2: 11067

That isn't working right. Player #2 should have received a Defense buff.

Leaving Group
    If Player #2 leaves the group, Player #1's Defense remains at 64911. It should jump back to 69764.

So there are definitely bugs with the group buff and with leaving group.
    • Like x 1
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

My understanding of gear damage repair is that it's binary: there's no effect until you get down to completely broken. Do I have this wrong?

If not, what's the advantage to repairing during combat? I don't understand.

(And from your POV, this obviously makes repair-bots slightly less important; since you sell those, isn't this passive counter-productive to making money?)
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The later post with specifics is accurate as of now.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Sole Detective is not a group buff. It always applies to yourself - half as much when you are grouped.
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

This counter intuitive to how pet classes are played? No one desummons pets, and that buff is not making up for the seconds lost.

Why not just make the buff permanent or have a cooldown that requires you fortify/offering 2 times before it can be buffed again? I forget what the cooldowns are so lets say 8 seconds. have hear my call be on a 16/24/32 second cooldown so you are required to have a specific rotation and it aligns with the buttons we are pressing. There seems to be no synergy.

What internal rotations and parses are being used to justify forcing us to to deactivate and reactivate our pets? Even if it was a 50 percent damage buff, that doesn't seem fun at all. And if we are being pushed into this playstyle to maximize pet damage , I feel like pet classes need a hard looking at and a rework to accommodate this playstyle. Adds die in the time it takes to summon Crystal and get her to perform her attacks. It may be cool for Grand Summoning but that is a pretty niche.

I'd rather it be a permanent 5 percent damage buff than what it currently is now.
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I should have read the entire thread before I responded lol. This is exactly what my previous post had in mind for aquaman. This is exciting news.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.