Can we please get a dev response regarding the broken scoreboard?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olli Malicious, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Olli Malicious Active Player

We can’t sort the scoreboard properly on console since the launch of episode 41. This is truly annoying. The names are sorted alphabetically with no way of changing it. There is a thread about it in the Bug section that was made on August 27 and still no response.

Can we hope for a fix soon?

Thanks.
    • Like x 3
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

It’s fine how it is. It can remain broken imo.
    • Like x 3
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Huh, I always wondered why I couldn't sort it on the Switch, now I know. lol
    • Like x 1
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

It needs to go away r be fixed. Its not fine how it is.
    For 10 years we could sort it. Thats a pretty hefty precedent
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

• Like x 4
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I only find it annoying when going into a Omni raid that ends up having more people than the scorecard will hold. Always nice to see a scorecard with 10+ 0's across the board....helpful. I don't care to scoreboard chase, but I do like checking how I did in relation to the rest of the group....just to make sure I'm pulling my weight.
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, that's my key to leave whatever mess I just joined.
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No, it does not need to go away. How would dps on console be able to judge their damage? PC players could probably run their own scoreboard thing, but you cant on console.

If it bothers you, don't look. This game has been easy for years. The only thing left to do is dps race.
    • Like x 2
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

You judge ur damage by ease/speed of completion.
    Thats something thats lost on Dps in this game. Theres more to it than pew pew. My loadout is actually built around utility, survivability, and functionality for the group.
    It aint about me, its about the team. And even going into every instance and scoring more pickups, etc i still out damage most.
    No one needs to know if they are top damage (they wanna know but they dont need to).
    So yes, i say it needs fixed so we can sort it properly OR it needs to just go away.
    Besides, maybe people would learn to be GOOD dps’s an not just pew pew if there was no score board to chase an brag about.
    Also to ur last point, i check out of curiosity when something strikes me as odd.
    1st an foremost i check my deaths and my pickups vs others (im almost always the most pickups 2x over+ and usually lowest deaths). Thats whats most important. Then if it was exceptionally slow or fast i will check damage to see what happened.
    • Like x 3
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

What if there are no deaths? Then the only reason to look is to see your damage right? I just never get the reasoning for players not wanting to compare their output to others. I ran frr yesterday, troll and 3dps. Wasn't anything out of the ordinary with time/ speed of the run. One player was dying every 5secs. Melee with rainbow augs and random artifacts for all roles. At the end, I had about 30mil up on damage to second place and I think 12 pick ups? All from that 1 player. I think they need to see the results to get better personally.

But again, even a built lfg group needs to see this stuff. If you're trying for a feat or there's a burn check, we need to know who isn't pulling their weight. Can't always go by build since plenty of players are max built but still below average output. If we didn't have the board, we would probably assume that the least built toon is the problem because we wouldn't have any information to base our judgments on. A bad dps isn't as awful as a bad tank troll or heal but they can still be very detrimental to being able to complete certain instances.

Or even just knowing who should stay locked on the boss due to high st damage vs who should work on the adds. Or if they're really low, maybe have them working mechanics to make them more usef6to the team.
    • Like x 1
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed thats why i say fix it so we can sort it via the various criteria as we have been able to do for 10+ years.
    If not i say get rid of it mostly because i was looking to prompt some debate.
    I was fishing for constructive reasoning and you are the 1st one to provide that.
    I appreciate your outlook on use of the damage comparison.
    Pew pew, im the best, you suck is apl you ever see and hear. Kudos to you my friend. Non selfish, make the community better and show the folks who needs to work on it.
    I love it!!! Thats constructive!!!
    • Like x 1
  13. NotMeMaybe Active Player

You think you're the only person in this Game?
    No scoreboard doesn't have to go stop to think everything is based on you, noone plays dpd with utilitied powers except you
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Haha, I will defend the board at all costs. A lot of it has to do with the fact I still can't get honest parsers from a sparring target with a pet build but I'll never think more knowledge is a bad thing. I get the part of toxicity about it but that's just human nature unfortunately and all you can do is ignore it. Use the tools we're given, taking things away never works out.

Edit: one of my favorite things to see in this game are all the damage numbers being within thousands of each other. It's so satisfying lol. Every player doing their job well makes things so smooth
    • Like x 2
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Really? I've not had real issues with parsing pets. Do you use 1 sec, 10 sec, 60 sec, or after combat? I haven't used log analyzer in a long time, though that did help me figure out what were the portions of my damage between powers/pets.

I don't like judging damage on scorecard, as there are a lot of factors that can skew it. Though less now, but there are still some fake damage, plus there are mechanics of instances that cause you to do less.

I do like the scorecard and I don't think it should go, but it definitely needs some tweaking. Kind of like how they split damage between adds and bosses.
    • Like x 1
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

For me personally, yeah doesn't work. Fury ends up getting full power from an outside source (same as our toons do) so I can't do an actual rotation without him getting a full bar without me doing it. So he hits more often than he would be in content. I'm assuming the same is true for any pet that does something extra with full power but I've never tried. I just know sorcery and fury can't tell true damage from parsers. Unless I'm supposed to be like anywhere from 75k to 130k in 10secs without any buffs/ trinkets/ whatever. So all I can do is take all my pets out to check my parsers but then my rotation is gone
    • Like x 2
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

For sure and yea man, those rare moments are nice
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

You know, sometimes I forget that pet class powersets use power to feed to their pet to do their big hits.

Ah, the good old days when the league hall sparring targets didn't provide power. But alas, players complained that they couldn't do their rotations right without a pocket controller.

Gadgets Suppressor Turret doesn't really have that worry, though it and RSK do utilize power, the amount that they receive doesn't really impact what they are using.
    • Like x 1