Allies: Flash VS Zoom, which is more interesting?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Aduzar Light, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Which one is the most interesting? Because with the descriptions, it looks a bit, bof bof....
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I assume you're speaking strictly about the passives? I'm using them both for passives and cyborg for the damage slot. Good combo, flash will be the one to get swapped out for aquaman once the pet buff is sorted out. Zoom is more of a quality of life upgrade in my opinion since we move at a snail's pace in this game so a bit extra is worth the slot. But in a raid setting, he helps with non superspeed movement modes in hallways. If you're a thirsty dps like me lol. But I refuse to use superspeed on my main. I just hate it so much
    • Like x 2
  3. The OmniScrooge Level 30

Not sure what you mean by "more interesting" but I'm going to assume you mean "more effective". I'm also going to assume you're wanting to know which is more effective in terms of combat and passive abilities.

Both are personal preference, this is just my take, and I'm sure others will either agree/disagree with me making your decision harder.

Combat: Most will say Zoom in terms of damage output but I prefer Flash. Zoom tends to interfere with what the tank is doing and, as a controller, I'm already a nuisance to tanks lol. Though Zoom is stronger the variance between the two is minimal.

Passive: I have yet to understand the necessity of Flash's passive. And I don't use Zoom all that often but between the two, I would choose Zoom. I would rather move fast out-of-combat than in-combat. There are other allies that are more useful in combat.
    • Like x 1
  4. The OmniScrooge Level 30

Never thought about using them both as passives. May give it a shot with my DPS build
  5. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I have both zoom and flash equipped for my passives, flash lets you get out of combat like a second faster. he is good for damage i suppose but other allies like cyborg or oracle have better passives
    • Like x 1
  6. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Cyborg has bugs I think not? from what I thought I heard
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No. Flashpoint Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman have bugs.
  8. The OmniScrooge Level 30

just a quick update... love flash/zoom ally combo. been working great for dps build. thnx!
    • Like x 1
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Zoom == essential for tanking, because of ******* thirsty DPS folks who can't wait the five extra seconds.
    • Like x 1
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

its funny cause zoom and flash have the lowest damage out of every single Ally. Even oracle bot and calculator bot deal more damage
    • Like x 1
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This may be true, but that improved ground speed is pretty slick so I'm less interested in how Zoom hits these days, and a lot more interested in them kicks...
  12. VariableFire Loyal Player

I've been tanking StU content since I know what to expect from the instances and I've been painfully reminded of why I stopped pug tanking in the first place. For the 4man it's usually 3 DPS and 1 tank (me) and even with me constantly flying ahead of the group like crazy and pulling everything behind me like a demented tornado there's always 1 DPS that catches up and decides that the best place for him to stand is beside the tank that has 8+ ads attacking and no healer in sight (oh, and "role optional turned off" still doesn't work in StU, I guess that's intentional?).

And then there's been a few DPS that actually used pulls so they'd have more ads attacking them (I recognize Low Pressure after years of using it).

I just hope using Zoom doesn't become "required" (yes, I know, but you know how the community can get at times about "optimal builds" and such).
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yeah. Don't know why people don't see how useless some of them area. I run HoL for damage. Cyborg I leveled some before I found out he misses more than hits. Unless tanks are willing to pull all NPC groups by a wall or something, lol. And the other is the one that repairs your gear. Sorry, seems silly, but I'll never have to buy another repair but, and I constantly give people crap who don't have it. Getting out of combat 1 second faster or never have to stop and repair? Not sure how people think getting out of combat 1 second earlier will give you more damage. Your still going to be waiting on the tank. Most tanks do not need it because of breakouts and dash attack. Most of the ally's that are out are damn near useless.
    • Like x 2
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Roles optional doesn’t affect StU because it’s in the events stab and there no roles choice to pick from. My tanks and healers are ok since I can do that role and be fine. By my HL can’t simply que up since there are times that there no tank or healer lol.

As for flash and zoom. I personally prefer flash over zoom. But neither is a must have. They are mostly personal preference
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I fail to see any actual benefit in either of them really
    And oracle bot….. what a joke. My heart genuinely goes out to anyone who invested anything in that useless passive.
    Dont know what to say about allies so far, very underwhelming.
    Im sure i will take diana for the might buff eventually once its fixed because other than cyborg, what other ally has a passive worth using except aquaman???
    And by worth using, i mean actually has at least a some impact on my role (dps).
    • Like x 1
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Should they be must haves? It could be argued that there is already enough things that are “must haves”. How long before groups ask for max allies. And specific allies? Isn’t it better that these are things that fill different things that are small?

For example. Orcl is great for free players. Even with with the increased cap space they can save their money to do other things. Even for everyone else. Orcl is a nice passive to have for alts. You just play them and finish up without every having to worry about repairing. Same for none alts.

Same with flash. It’s not a must have but I can feel the difference when I switch it out. Might not be a big deal but I personally enjoy getting out of the combat movement faster. Especially when I’m in a mission like FRe and i get hit by a random paradox while moving the boxes.

I’d rather have them be nice things to have rather than have them be must haves. Personally
    • Like x 1
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Oh agreed 100% fir sure (disagree about oracle, repairs aint close to
    Expensive enough to make that investment worth it lol).
    But yes, they should be nice additions and not OP to the point of mandatory for sure.
    And for clarity, that aint what im commenting on. Per your example (and i inow theres more examples) but ranking up an ally just for 30 sec in a 20 min alert? I mean come on, thats underwhelming. Their impact is almost non existent short of the e tra damage here an there. The passivs are useless in the grand scheme. Thats all im advocating for, at least a noticeable dif n some useable attributes.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m actually in love with the flash passive lol. When I play other toons who don’t have flash I feel sluggish not being able to move that 2 seconds faster lol. That includes any open world missions Im doing. Switching armory that activates combat movement for some reason. It’s so minimal you’d think I wouldn’t care but that mini second to ME feels worth it. But that’s cause I like going from one fight to the next boom boom boom. I should mention that I’m flight since I hate SS and that split moment allows me to somewhat keep up with SS movers in hallways lol

Also. Don’t take this as me saying any of them (other than cyborg) are must haves. Heck if another ally comes out that can compete with cyborg for combat than I’ll use cyborg as passive in a heart beat lol
    • Like x 1
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed, my damage is fully legit as is so i use 2 ally builds.
    raid scenarios where i have a troll cybrg is damage an HoL bot goes passive but in anything with no troll i let HoL bot hold it down and use cyborgs passive.
    THose the only 2 i find utility in so far.
    As stated, diana may end up being a project for thr might since im a quantum dps an all but time will tell

Side note* i prefer HoL bot as damage be ause hes out a while an looks cool. I dont much care for iconics an can do w/out.
    The appeal to DCUO for me over anything marvel has ever done is i do NOT have be stuck playing an iconic lol
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player