Orbital Strike role Artifacts

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Ergotth, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Ergotth Committed Player

Just this fun idea, but what if we had an artifact (or a specific Orbital Strike trinked) with effects depending on roles?

Energizing beam - Orbital Strike restores Power over time to allies within blast range, targeting changed from enemy to self.
    Revitalizing beam - Orbital Strike heals allies caught within the blast. Targeting changed to ally with least health. Charging up animation reduced by 50%.
    Fortifying beam - Orbital Strike creates a large dome where it strikes, all damage is reduced by 80% inside. Targeting remains to aimed enemy.
    • Like x 3
  2. Siramez Well-Known Player

Good idea, but it will push the meta of artifact swapping.
    • Like x 2
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Either that or no one would use it because roles are so OP as is, its not worth giving up hat they have to use it.
  4. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

A cool idea. But I like the ability to use orbitals to do big damage even in support for those oh s**t moments most everyone is dead and the boss is @ a hair's sliver in health. It seems I'm in those moments @ lot in ISE where all the DPS are dying due to "Statue DPS syndrome" And its either only me or the me and the support roles left and the boss is @ 1-2% health. Nowadays they're just going to bake your suggestion into a ally or artifact that's broken on release then MAYBE they'll fix it if they feel like it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

isnt this what supply drop already does (mostly), use the kings scepter (i think thats its name) which extends and strengthens it all