WHAT HAPPENED...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Asentmah, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Asentmah Well-Known Player

The House Of Legends update solidfied,me returning to DCUO. There were other updates that definetly helped in bringing my heroes out of retirement lol but this update really, reeally encouraged me to pick up the game again. I see they finally, very much aggressively and a bit fairly (now) went with the request of many players and myself to use cosmetics for monentary gain albeit a way I didn't think was a route at the time but nonetheless its working out to keep the game alive.

Sooo Hello agains aside, even if my heroes take another break from heorism and or villains. I'll try to keep this thread alive by bumping this thread throughout the years. Because MAAN HOW I REALLY WANT THESE LOOKS AND WEAPONS AND DIFFERENT FLIGHT ANIMATIONS etc,etc to be back in the game, from those 2009 showcases! Come ooonn devs ya know ya wanna LOL!!

• Like x 3
  2. Asentmah Well-Known Player

Maybe these looks can be put into character creation. It definitely will answer the request of many in asking to revamping the CC when you first make your hero or villain with a little variation here and variation there.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

We shall see.+1
    • Like x 2
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Looks like in one of those videos was back when a power ring was a weapon instead of a power.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Actually, Light was supposed to be a power based on Dr. Light or the Ray, not Lantern Constructs. Not sure where they made the change, but yeah. I actually liked that better.

@OP, a significant number of those styles did get released eventually and a lot of them just... looked bad and they retired them. Who knows, maybe they will dust them off, touch them up, and release them.
    • Like x 2
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Weaponization was used so much in this vid and never really utilized in game

Also spytle out there doin his thing
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I see a Blue Beetle in there. We're getting a Blue Beetle style soon per the community style initiative.
    • Like x 2
  8. Asentmah Well-Known Player

Yessss I remember all the way back when we had to use our weapons for our powers. I always wished they would bring that back. Have a choice for people who want it or don't. Another cool idea to add some flav for people who are in the middle, would be to let us choose which ability we want our weapon to be used on.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If you're talking about animations with powers being channeled through your weapon of choice, a lot of those were reduced or eliminated when (I believe) memory usage by the game was becoming an issue. After that, many power animations were changed or adjusted to fit in certain time windows depending on how weak/strong the power was supposed to be. So unless the old weapon-specific animations would fit in the windows they set up I can't imagine them coming back.

Beyond that, weapon use has always been a part of the game. You can't get out of character creation without choosing a weapon, after all. It's just that right now we can choose to focus more on weapon or power use if we so desire, at least compared to how things were.
    • Like x 2
  10. MaDaNoF New Player

The open world graphics look so much better in that 2009 video but i think they had to scale it down due PS3 limitations.
  11. Asentmah Well-Known Player

OOOoo are they going to do more of those?
  12. Asentmah Well-Known Player

I trust in them, and if they have enough time for it.
    • Like x 1