What is your daily burden on DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Sep 24, 2021.

1. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Shalayah Committed Player

Personally it’s just super grindy feats. Idk I’ve always hated em but still put in the effort to try to complete them as early as possible. So it’s off my checklist.
  3. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Most of the stuff except for raids feels like a burden to me. Everything has kind of turned into a chore in my opinion, I also feel like the content is often padded with "Kill 500 of these guys" or "Do 300 duos" missions and feats that are clearly in place to stimulate the content's lack of longevity and originality.

All of these feelings could also be the result of a decade of playing this game but I'm convinced this game has lost some of its creativity. Even the storylines are just cookie-cutter copies of the comic books, what ever happened to the original storylines you created?

If I had to put a finger on what's the one thing that really feels like a burden to me, it would be Alerts. Especially Family Reunion right now, god I hate that Alert...
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

There’s really nothing inherently sinister about the counter feats. They’re milestone markers, if anything.

Maybe you need a break or at least an exhale.
    • Like x 1
  5. OnlyNomad The One Above All

"All of these feelings could also be the result of a decade of playing this game but I'm convinced this game has lost some of its creativity"

[IMG]

Seriously though, I'm not saying there's something inherently sinister within the feats but it has surely become a staple of this game while I believe the game's content has lost some creativity. My point is that it's easier to pad Episodes with counter feats instead of creating long-lasting and engaging content.
  6. Roocck Committed Player

Logging on!!!!
    • Like x 1
  7. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

The community believing balance is possible while completely ignoring history and the advent of microtransactional items that will forever tip the scale
  8. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

I would have to agree.
  9. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I got a mother box t3 from WV bounty. Catholics on islands beware of Vampires (netflix. midnight mass).
    OMG, twist by episode 3 and just waiting to see where it goes. :eek:
  10. JSnaples Committed Player

Dealing with this garbage stat clamp is a huge burden. Never taken so long to level up. Barely even try anymore now.. wake me up when they give us our stats back
  11. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

This game.... has increased the button presses to get to gameplay.... I feel less willing to play it's buttons.
    Others games it takes seconds to get to gamplay. This one... pick dps or support loot, sell TC in inventory to vendor, pick from one possibility button press (I have one weapon selected, wtf?! there is no choice! Y am i having to press extra buttons from no choice?!), ..../sigh. I'll be leaving as soon as the year is up.

This game is so similar to Marvel Heroes. It really is.
  12. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

As DCUO is a game, it has no burden.

It exists to entertain.

Any player can choose to play those things that they like and avoid those that they dislike.

Or they can choose another game entirely.

Burden free
    • Like x 2
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]

A healthy relationship with gaming, you say? I’ll take a spoonful of that! :p
    • Like x 2
  14. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

it's more a bussinees than a game, MMORPG's exist for that, few are seen as a game, except for games like Guild Wars maybe
  15. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Being loaded into the house of legends instead of the watchtower