The OG is back - wavedox.net

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bytecode, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Hey let me know what you think please, your feedback is key.

https://wavedox.net

Ideas on the table:

New take on statistics - for now a simple rank of top artifacts and powers, keen to hear whether we should put more thought into this? And what else you would like to see in terms of data metrics / statistics?

Top Leagues - rethinking de formula to move away from the old model of average skill points, and trying to get support from the Data API team to fix the issue with characters showing outdated leagues.

Raid Leaderboards - this data is available for other games developed by the same company as DCUO so I've sent an internal request to make it available for DCUO as well. It would be awesome to rebuild Top Leagues on fastest Elite runs, least deaths, most pickups, and of course max power / heal / damage in / out.

Advanced Search - suggestion from a friend to allow searching by key stats like CR, SP, power etc. What other key stats would you like to be able to search for?

Character Images - lowest priority to be honest, I'd rather get support from the Data API team to fix the actual data with character leagues for example. That's essential to building a new, reliable Top Leagues feature.

That's it for now.

Let me know what you think so far and what else you would like to see. Thanks!
    • Like x 21
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Could we add some census for powersets based on cr and platform, kind of like Sore's old census version was?
    Where we can do custom queries?

Also don't forget the Switch is a platform too.
    • Like x 4
  3. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I'd also like to see census data. The more practical and useful the data offered is, the more used the resource will be.

For example, in discussions about powersets a few months back, I wanted to see how much of the playerbase was using which powerset. Someone found the data for me with their own API (thankyou), but it would be nice to see that data displayed.

In addition to that, it'd also be nice if the site could group datasets together for display -- for example, if I wanted to see what proportion of the population used the launch powers vs DLC powers it would be nice to see that data displayed easily at a glance. Spoiler alert: 2/3s of endgame characters use DLC powers. But it would be nice to easily find and relate that data on the fly when needed.
    • Like x 2
  4. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

"Raises Hand" [IMG]
    Questions:

How does knowing which powers players use throughout the game help the player base in general?

Doesn't wave.dox allow you to see in-depth stats of other players without that player knowing? And if it does, how does that help the player base in general?

Seriously, I would like to know.
    • Like x 1
  5. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Would love to see a return of the deep dive searching capability that Sore's site provided.

Site is nice and responsive, load times seem to be the best out of the available options. Is the verticality tied to it being more mobile friendly? Seems like quite a bit of dead horizontal space right now. Overall though, I like it.

Glad you aren't wasting time on paper dolls. Was never a fan of the old league ranking system. But if you can get a ranking scheme that can factor in instance completions and other meaningful stats, I think this time around it could be much more interesting,
    • Like x 6
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Prob a stupid request BUT
    The other site (sorry, no idea what one it is) has pictures of our characters. Now, my character was one w/out a pic while others had a pic.
    I never knew why BUT, i looked myself up and 2 things :)

1) can you add the pictures of our characters somehow?
    2) how often does your data refresh? I recently changed leagues and it still shows me in the old league so just curious.
    3) can the statistical detail be tiered or more more detailed? What i mean is, can it show the gear not just the CR, meaning if its reg gear or elite. OP items or normal items etc?
    • Like x 1
  7. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Traditionally players only used it to snoop on each other's progress -- gear checks, SPs etc.

But knowing how many people are using X powerset helps identify imbalances (people swapping into a powerset bc of an exploit, or out of it because it's not performing etc.). In my case, we were discussing the business argument for making new powersets. 2/3 of our characters use non-launch powers, so they're deeply popular despite what the popular idea that they don't sell. There's probably other uses too but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I can answer these.

1) Well, I think this would be a problem for hosting. He may allow for uploading custom paper dolls we make, but how would he prevent us from messing with another person. So he would either have to set a login feature, which is a nightmare, or handle each himself. This can get very difficult for him. It really would be better if we could get DBG to actually FIX paper dolls in their census.
    2) If I remember right, the census updates upon logout. So players used to hit all buff trinkets before logging out and it would show up on the stats. lol People wanting to top a chart temporarily.
    3) This one is daybreak fix, they haven't updated gear in the census since I think AF3.
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

These stats actually help us understand what may be going on in game and helps us gauge if something is off with our own perception of what's going on around us.

Example, the devs are changing something that affects the middle tiers, because they are trying to get the players to end game. (Which they did.) We could look at the stats and see that there are a ton of players just stuck at 290 (as an example) and not playing them. Then we can see who is top CR to see how many players are actually playing recent content verses older EG content. You'd be surprised how helpful this is to give us ideas on how the devs look at our numbers to decide what to change.

We can also use it to talk about something that we are trying suggest for the game. You know the old question "where do you get your numbers?" Well... here they are.
    • Like x 2
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Appreciate all that, only question i have then is in his website we are commenting on and the other one(s) out there, they all have me in ~Chaos Syndicate~ (my old league). I log in/out daily of course and have been moved to ~disrespected~ For close to a week now.
    Is that normal or should they all reflect the new league by now?

I dont mind this FYI, Chaos Syndicate is a great league and i have no issue that it shows me there and am still friends with all of them boys. Just curious if somethings wrong or not is all
  11. BumblingB I got better.

It's pretty much the database at fault here. It's not from the sites like wavedox. Also I remember that leagues have been a problem for a while on there.

I really wish Daybreak would work on fixing their site.
    • Like x 2
  12. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I need an emote so I can let ppl know in game that they just been “Wave Dox’d” lmao
    • Like x 1
  13. myandria Item Storage

I sincerely thank you for your replies. I know very little about wave.dox and how it fully works and this helps me understand it better. :D
    • Like x 3
  14. BumblingB I got better.

It was more about the census, than wavedox. I would use wavedox for character lookup and if I wanted to know about the census, I'd go to Sore's one.
    • Like x 1
  15. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Thank God!!! Looks and feels 10x better than the “other” site. WAVEDOX FTW
    • Like x 2
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks simple and clean.

Character pictures should definitely get added after they get updated again by the API.

Advanced search is a must.

Raid Leaderboards sound great but should also be able to get reset regularly since Exploits/Hacks are a thing and that could ruin a leaderboard forever.

Overall, nice.
    • Like x 1
  17. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Bytecode returns! I'm excited to see what all you come up with.

I can't speak to Wavedox specifically, but there are some questions in here about the Census data that I can respond to having utilized it for a number of things in the past. First of all, the Daybreak API = Census. Both of those terms mean the same thing and correspond to the data behind the scenes. I'm going to simplify and use "census" to mean that data set that all these sites pull from (Wavedox, Sore's old site, DCUOBot, DCUO Bloguide, and our CR calc when it used to have paper dolls).

There are limitations in the census that Wavedox won't be able to overcome. A lot of the stats/maintenance other games get, the DCUO census does not. League rosters have been broke for years with people showing in multiple. Paper dolls seem to be a coin flip as to whose is working and who gets to be the blank avatar. Gear is another limitation. I'm actually wondering if all the unattuned boxes add to the breakage here. I'm not sure the way those item ids are coded are entered into the census the way old stuff was. My EU dude I haven't touched in 500 years? All his gear shows when I grab him in the census. My US dude? Nekked.

As for what's possible and what would be cool to see? As a data nerd, I love the high level snapshots. I think it's nifty to see the breakdown on power sets used because there are a ton of people who go flavor of the month. If we're seeing 50% of endgame players using one powerset? That might help clue in the playerbase and devs that something ain't right, y'all. To that same respect, I'd like to know how many are in the triad (healer-capable powers, troll-capable, tank-capable). I know that doesn't automatically lend itself to healers/controllers/tanks, but might still be cool to see.

I'm not someone who's ever really cared about the drilldown to a per person basis, plus there's other sites that do that. I'd be more interested in the rollups. I know you said ranking league's based on overall averages might not make sense, but possibly doing something similar to the high level stats when you search a league. What's their endgame powerset breakdown? What artifacts are they using?
    • Like x 3
  18. BumblingB I got better.

They mentioned something about the gear and the census. They have to hand add them in and I believe the last time that was done was AF3. So all vendor gear and dropped gear since was not added.
    • Like x 2
  19. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Could you request artifacts Levels? If they respond to you, Didnt had any luck in my end anyway.

New take on statistics --> I think dividing it by roles would be a be a good take. (For example you could back up the data and formulate statistics on your end like some website already do) It would give you more power. If artis level get released your could even do some funny statistics like how many tank loserzs got lazzo arti to 200:9

Top Leagues -> Just sugestions, but you could try to order the lgs based on the current DLC feat completion. Elite feats could double the "worth". Something in thoose lines:) Call it Random Guy algorithm easy

Raid Leaderboards-> Doubt it, but sure;9

Advanced Search-> My sugestions would be to provide some kind of tags, i think discord search could provide a great source of inspiration.

Character Images-> I dont care:) To me everyone can be batman:) Hhehe get the reference.
    • Like x 1
  20. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Hey just a quick heads up that I've read everyone's feedback and I really appreciate it.

I'll make the next priority to build an Advanced Search since that's the most requested feature so far. I'll also reply to all other suggestions later on, please allow me the time to catch up. Cheers!
    • Like x 5