Fortifying a new artifact with an old one.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Ambassador of Krypton, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

More precisely: If I have an artifact ranked at lvl 200, can I use it to fortify a new artifact from rank 0 on? According to a video by ObsidianChill, you will be able to pass all of the experience onto the new artifact (during the Exp Bonus weekend) so that you're just gonna need to buy the catalysts to do the breakthroughs. Correct?
  2. Saami Loyal Player

I guess so. It gives -50% of total exp, but with 50% exp bonus weekend it could be 100%. I have never tried.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you do it during Double XP week, yes. When not on Double XP week only half the XP gets passed to the new artifact.
    • Like x 2
  4. L T Devoted Player

You can do it, but I wouldn't advise you to. It will give enough XP to level your other artifact to around 170 or so (which is usable, but you lose a LOT of XP). But your other artifact isn't 170 yet. You need all those catalysts and need to so all those breakthroughs.

Even if you wait for a double-XP week, you'll wind up with enough XP in your new artifact to get to 200, but you'll be missing all the breakthroughs.

Be absolutely positively sure you will never, ever want to use that artifact again.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Thanks. Well, I'm still using Tetrahedron of Urgrund and Scrap of the Sould Cloak, whilst all the other dps' use Transformation and Strategist Card. I think it might be a good idea to change them, as they are the oldest artifacts in the game, if I'm not mistaken XD.
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Can't say I'd ditch scrap. Depends on power set. It is an incredible artifact, imo the best available if you're only getting to like 120 range. You don't have to follow meta, tho it is easiest to. But plenty of us don't run those and can easily surpass others that are. I've fed plenty into others that I wish I hadn't, scrap is one of them. Solar amp is another tho I am very happy with my build. But I've pretty much locked myself into always being sorcery/ pet build now.

But yeah, powers like rage or electric that have a damage multiplying supercharge can do just as well as a trans strat build with a quislet (once it's fixed again) and scrap build.

Also, tetra is the highest might giving artifact in game. If you look at dcuobot right now, the highest ranked player in the game is using tetra/learneas amulet/ solar amp and has over 200k might. I'm listed in the top 25 on all servers at a measly 122k. That's a lotttt of might. Now granted, a buff troll should be the one using tetra but that isn't always the case. I run tetra and scrap on my rage toon and look at the troll real quick in raid runs to see if I can put something else on. If they aren't using it, you are such an assest to your team with it. Plus putting any extra sp into health results in more might and extra survivability. Just some info to stew on. Plus if you're a troll powerset, both of those are decent for trolling. Well, tetra is a must for it, scrap can work to get shields up more often if doing hybridbuff/power troll. Not ideal but plop an amulet of rao on then and you're a pretty good one
  7. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

I'm a might based ice dps. Do you think I should change them?
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Ha, I know 0 about ice unfortunately. Maybe ballistical ice will see this post, they're a great ice player. What is your 3rd artifact? Do you use a supercharge? From what I've heard, ice dps is just neo venom boost a lot right? Do you battle tank for solos or alerts?

Like I said, you can't go wrong with trans and strat. And you aren't a troll powerset so no real need for tetra unless no one in group is running it. But depending what your 3rd arti is, a trans strat scrap/tetra can do dang well too so if it is up for grabs, the unknown arti may be best on the chopping block. Artis are just super fun ain't they??? Whatever you decide (hopefully someone more knowledgeable comes along) just wait till double week for sure. Each arti will need 1300 source roughly to swap over and you'll want about 10 seals of protection/ 4 seals of completion per swap so save those fate tokens up
  9. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

My third art is Solar Amplifier. Yes, I use a superchargr (Blizzard). What do you mean I battle tank? I only play as a DPS.
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

See i like this thought process im currently weighing (in my feeble old mind) the pros an cons of possibly swapping trans for tetra in the absence of buff trolls.
    I can, on a whim, 200 a tetra (im quantum but dont troll) so im thinking having a 200 tetra s not a bad move because i can swap em an if it works well then yay but if not, i at least have it for if i ever do troll.

In the absence of a buff troll, what im debating is, will the might buff offset the damage gained from the crits.
    Trans is a beast, the damage u give up is well worth it in exchange for the crits BUT im debating if the might gained from a tetra is worth it
    • Like x 1
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It really comes down to how many dots you already have with just your usual loadout when deciding to use strat. Like my munitions toon has no dots otherwise really aside from the fire ticks. But my sorcery toon can have a ton (my let's do it for me instead basically) and since they can't crit, trans is less appealing. So I'd assume a snow devil user would be in the same boat. Trans is always good tho so I'd probably swap it for tetra. That's being "greedy" tho and only focusing on your damage out vs a whole teams. Which is fine especially if you're a solo player type. I know in my usual crew that the troll is using it so I don't worry about it on my main. On my rage alt, ibise it because I know most of the pug groups don't have anyone else using it and I'd rather drop a few spots on the scoreboard to speed up the entire run.

You're in a tough spot haha. Trans strat solar is the meta so it will obviously do well for you. If blizzard is important, I'd probably keep that and do trans solar scrap just because it takes so dang long to build super without one. But for all I know, blizzard is a terrible sc. We need an ice user in here for some real info instead of speculating.
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Most likely won't offset. Not on your damage out anyway. It would be close-ish but trans will win out. Tetra has to be looked at like what's it going to do for the whole team. Which means you have to decide if you care about the whole team. I've got 150sp into my health on my rage toon. It takes other players from an attack doing 30k crit to a 65k range. In a raid, buffing 5 others if the troll isn't, yeah worth it. Yourself solo, might doesn't add up enough to offset a lot of extra crits. I run trans also tho so trans tetra scrap. I'm in berserk pretty often so still able to top charts fairly often while knowing the group is better with me there. Once the supercharge pass happens, if it happens, I'll be ditching berserk for the group damage buff one instead. Team player mentality on that toon. Tetra is a great artifact, it would be awesome if someone in the group always uses one. But the second 2 players use it, it's terrible choice for one of them. Knowing you are a troll powerset, I'd keep it handy. I barely troll but I have the gear and augs so I can in a pinch. Tetra/scrap/eog. Not ideal but I buff and can pop pot shield often enough to keep us all going. Going to level up a rao just so I'm a bit more prepared and swap eog with that.
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I do wonder tho if that 200k+ might player swaps tetra out for trans when the buff troll is using it already. I'm super curious about the learneas amulet/ tetra combo in general now. That's just crazy amount
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Also, if anyone has a fire tank friend, have them run dilustel refractor and check out the buff trolls health. It's pretty crazy. Gives the team quite the boost. It's crazy the things we can do if you play with all the same people. Pick your artis as a team. Plus picking powersets as a team. It can be wacky but a ton of fun figuring out all the possibilities. Which is why I dislike meta builds so much I guess. Just no imagination. But yes, easy. Easy is a good thing.
    • Like x 1