What is your daily burden on DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I have to admit that the alerts at the end are exhausting x)
  2. BSEison Well-Known Player

I think anything/everything gets to feel like a burden, even content you like, once you've had to run it for the 100th time. There are tons of feats I am never going to get because I'm not going to fight an open world boss 100+ times even though I think they can be fun.

*Except Starro. Fighting Starro in a big group will always be awesome.*
    • Like x 1
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Trying to get people to stay the hell out of my solo fights when I'm finishing up videos for bounty hunting.

Which has led to "discovering new and interesting ways to get other people killed for trying to tailgate on a bounty they can't solo".

Which is a LOT of fun.
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Running to a useless league hall that hasnt seen a update in years, to check on buffs that should really be listed on the league management w/timers but aren’t
    • Like x 1
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Guess we have 1 thing in common...
    • Like x 1
  6. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Guess that makes my burden running a locked elite alert when BB gets home....

But in all seriousness, I'd say my biggest burdens were removed in Ep41. The vault and stabilizer duo were chores to get through, not fun in any way. Mildly rewarding chores, but still chores.
    • Like x 3
  7. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Sadly, I would have to say the community for the most part.

First and foremost the the toxicity, a run does not go so great and it is either players berating people or rage quitting...I don't want to be in an alert or raid forever either, but now with the Omnibus, some newer players have not played some of the old stuff and don't know all the nuances and mechanics to make sure we make it through and survive, so we need to be willing to help.

Second though are the people who still think it was like before and try to just steamroll through everything and refuse to listen to advice on what needs to be done.
  8. spikeat Well-Known Player

Logging in and no new content to run. Close second would be barely seeing any feat groups being formed.
  9. Pillowpet New Player

See, in raids I'm pretty much guaranteed to get a healer and a tank. Not the case ever with alerts.
    • Like x 1
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

What time central u need a partner? Im max elite but i like that alert, i would help if im on. I dont need the renown obviously but do need the marks
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im the opposite, i rather enjoy putting the team on my shoulders lol
    #beastmode
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

It is the case if you shout an make the group.
    If u blind Q, you cant be upset with what u get. Theres 800 bajillion dps’s an about 7 heals and 4 tanks so yea, u blind Q, the odds are you wont get roles or the ones ur after.
    Building your own group is almost guaranteed to net you what u want
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

That does sound fun, can i play?
    I will try an tailgate (and by tailgate i mean sling monster damage for you in a helpful way) and you try an get me killed so im not photo bombing your video so i can practice my survivability.
    Win win and sounds fun :)
  14. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I'm not fond of alerts or duos but I like solos(kinda?) and raids if they are not super time consumeing and IF they are time consumeing they need to be good.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Sure. If you can live through the things I can kill you should have no problem soloing them. Have fun fighting them by yourself.
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Oh i cant lol, im a dps, solo’n w/support is my speciality not w/out BUT i love a good challenge and any opportunity to practice survivability (a lost art for dps in his game IMO) i am all in.
    In the league we do some fun runs, we have pickup comps where we take intentionally bad players with us somewhere like prime where its guaranteed most will die an die alot and me an another will have a pickup comp.
    Or i will solo dps some of this an we will take 2 tanks, 3 trolls, 2 heals and just myself and time the raid just for giggles etc.
  17. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I don't even do that. for my lower level alts, I run the Doomed Metropolis dailies ( & the count weekly ), & for my mains I just stick to WV / 31st / Flashpoint open world stuff. I get all the marks I need in there.

my one burden with this game, at present, is trying to overcome the general sense of nonachievement I feel now. I don't even have a problem with the clamping per se, if other people love it let them have at it, but I do - rightly or wrongly - feel as if my legs have been kicked out from under me. I'm not going to argue the pros & cons of the clamp, I'm done with all that bollocks, I got my endgame marks back, I'll survive, but it has very very much impacted the way I view this game & my place in it. a lot.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Exactly, most of the time it will be either 2 healers, all DPS, 2 Tanks etc. lol 4-man never works out in any situation, I think the Developers should make another survey regarding solos, duos, alerts and raids, just to see how can future content look like going forward, me personally love raids more than anything lol.
  19. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

You have summed up my feelings about all of this as well. I can only hope there is some kind of acknowledgement for us who are feeling the way you have described or at least something for us in the new DLC Ep. 42. I think there will be something for us in Ep. 42.
    • Like x 1
  20. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Running stuff is not a burden to me. My inventory full of gear after running stuff is the biggest burden in this game. Atleast 20mins a day goes to opening gear boxes and gear drops per toon. They really need to address this with a new gear system like 6 years ago or simply give us drop options off would be amazing. Or even better an option that gives you an option to choose what drops you want in your inventory. Base items off for sure hate that burden just as much as gear drops. It's not the content that burdens me it's the ridiculous mess afterwards to clean up