The Final Solution to Raid Difficulty

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BaelinFishman, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

That's ridiculous. Real elite players prove their worth without needing rewards. This isn't Care Bear Universe Online.
    • Like x 6
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

False. That's like saying "real workers don't need the money". Of course people want to be rewarded for their additional efforts.
    • Like x 1
  3. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's a game, not a job. For REAL elite players the effort is the reward.
    • Like x 7
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You just described Prime Battle Ground. Lol
    • Like x 3
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

I think the real problem is that some players around here seem to carry this wierd sense of entitlement where they just can't handle not necessarily having all rewards at their disposal. Of course any player who is willing to put in the additional time, grind and effort should be awarded differently than those who just pew pew their way through regular content.

This isn't "Participation Trophy Online".
    • Like x 3
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Bro why thread derail?

The op has some good ideas here and it's time we find out who the true elite players are. Time to stop crying about your little rewards and git gud.
    • Like x 3
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

The rewards were part of the OP, you want to get rid of them for some reason. Just because you can't seem to come up with a good answer to the question I asked, doesn't make my posts "derailment".

The OP do have some good ideas, I agree. The rewards mentioned are part of said good idea. Carry on.
    • Like x 2
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yeah, I gave it a little adjustment. This is a great place to swap ideas and imo if you're actually elite, you don't need rewards. Being condescending to people you don't know about your self-perceived superiority over them in a video game is actually more than enough reward.
    • Like x 2
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

You're the last person to pull the condescension-card, lol. Your best answer to my question was basically a sarcastic "no rewards, git gud" and it's transparently obvious just WHY you don't want difficult content to hold the bigger, better shinies.

I don't know who hurt you in-game before, my guy/gal, but i'm afraid that's just not reason enough to essentially rob everbody else of the rewards they deserve just because you chose to hold a grudge on some tired out, ole' "Gosh darn Elitist!"-stereotype.

If you actually want a discussion with no condescension involved, act accordingly. ;)
    • Like x 2
  10. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Bro stop crying and git gud
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Some interesting ideas.

So essentially in your boss idea, the group would need to co-ordinate specifics with roles, how much damage is being done at certain points for example. This would probably require voice chat, not sure how this would work without it unless group members are used to this fight.

You would be giving EOG the supply/orbital treatment from Terra, Deathstroke, Merciless etc.

You would have to single target adds and have players positioned in specific locations of the map as to not get KO'd when the adds die.

Would you expect many DPS in these groups? Or is this boss fight encouraging more support roles to balance the amount of damage being done?

Given the lesser balance between different power sets might/precision, would this factor into the mechanics, and would the group makeup need to cater accordingly if so?

Would there be any other room mechanics besides the boss, sub bosses and adds, and the role specific windows that the group will need to stay in through the fight?
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Your replies are great lol
    • Like x 1
  13. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

You can't take a shot at players that use whatever iconic power, artifact or tac swap method. Even if all of those things were removed for a hardcore SM like elite mode, there's going to be powers that fair better than others and the players that used the aforementioned meta playstyles are going to adapt better than the average players.
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

Rants about condescesion and thread derails, but answers with this. Irony called! :D

Let me know when you actually want to discuss the topic at hand, Robbin' Hood.
    • Like x 2
  15. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

The premise of the op is about elite players actually proving their status. My ideas continue that notion.

But go off I guess. One question though:

[IMG]

lol, rent free
    • Like x 1
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

The premise of the OP is also appropriate rewards for the additional grind and effort, something you want to remove but seemingly can't answer on properly without being condescending and sarcastic while ironically whining about the very same thing upon reply.

Oh no, back off boys.... Now he/she is pulling out the GIF's! But hey, atleast now you get your thread derail, lol. :rolleyes:

Anyway, whenever you want to discuss the actual topic though. Just let me know.
    • Like x 1
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I've answered your question like 5x already and this will be the last time.

Actual elite players don't need rewards. Simply beating the content is enough. Some kind of special OP item isn't needed. A title would more than suffice. Hope that helps clarify you for the final time.
    • Like x 3
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

I don't know why you think trying to answer for others is an actual answer, especially when players actually interested in said difficult content openly disagree with your statement on the matter. A title would more than suffice, in YOUR opinion.

For people who actually want to participate and make the effort in said content, i'd bet more than a few players would beg to differ with you on that, as proved in several threads before on the topic.

Hope that helps!
    • Like x 2
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I like the way you're thinking here. What if the artifacts get de-leveled if you wipe? It would work sort of like broken gear except that to repair them you'd need to feed them more Nth metal and do new breakthroughs.
    • Like x 4
  20. Proxystar #Perception

love it, you could do the same with augments as well, they get damaged and you have to feed more exobytes to them, but the only type of exobytes that repair them are marketplace only.
    • Like x 3