Anyone else bored trying to get iconic weapons to drop?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GoldenBrownDragonFire, Sep 11, 2021.

1. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

Iconic weapons don't seem to be dropping for me as of late, so far I've only got the Hawk weapons. Ares and Alan Scott sword to drop a few times. Getting bored with this already.
  2. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Im looking forward to the next wave, and the weapon vendor charon mentioned
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

They seemed to have tweaked some of the Drops.... I got a few Alan Scott swords.... then despite days of farming.....could not get another one to drop. :(

Or maybe I the RNG is conspiring against me?? ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

First day I got the Riddler Staff and haven't gotten any since. I think it was one of those, "Let's loosen things up after release" type of situations.
    • Like x 2
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

Nothing has been adjusted for the drop rate chances. A bug may cause a particular issue in a particular case, sure, but the drop rates have been and continue to be 5 percent drop rate in Normal content and 10 percent in Elite. RNG is RNG but yes a couple of bugged instances have occurred with Alan Scott and Hades in particular since launch. Both of which have been fixed. I can look at Alan Scott in that one instance again to see if something got reverted but it is unlikely.
    • Like x 10
  6. Amalgam Universe Online New Player

I have ran darkseid war factory elite on 3 toons since 2019 HUNDREDS of times and have not received the elite nuclear head. Is that intended or is it a bug also ?
    • Like x 1
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

I honestly don’t think these weapons were added when the intention that they would be easy to obtain quickly. If you’re bored, stop grinding for a while and do something else, or buy them off someone else.

People asked for new weapon styles for years. If everyone gets the ones they want in the first few weeks, people will be back asking for more weapon styles.

No feats attached, permanent additions to the game, pretty fair drop rates (see above), no massive rush.
    • Like x 5
  8. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

You're right, I won't question anything here again, there's no way there could be any issues, I also didn't know I could do other stuff in this game besides try to farm for these weapons and it would be so crazy if people got all the weapons fast, definitely would be non stop requests for more and more weapons good thing no one's doing that now because the awesome rng.
  9. nawanda Loyal Player

You’re welcome, and you’re right, there are lots of other things you can do, and not just on game. For example, you could come on here and be a massive dick. Happy to help.
    • Like x 2
  10. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

Name calling, that's as helpful as your first response
  11. Amalgam Universe Online New Player

I have ran darkseid war factory elite on 3 toons since 2019 HUNDREDS of times and have not received the elite nuclear head. Is that intended or is it a bug also ? Sorry this question was for you or anyone on the dev team
  12. Jal Hordan New Player

I had the suspicion that they have been tweaking a lot of stuff. Some of the open world bosses were way easier this week than even before the HoL release. It was odd, but then again there could have been a cheater near us haha.
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I think the head drops from the rip in time elite alert
    • Like x 2
  14. Amalgam Universe Online New Player

Thanks for the reply, i didnt actually realize that it supposedly drops from there AND darksied war factory elite also . Im trying to find out if failing to drop after a couple hundred runs is intended or a result of a malfunction so that i will know how to proceed thats all. I play on pc test server as well as ps4. Dev response is much needed. thank you all
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

So I forget but u think that was during a time where they split docs up so they release content every month or something so you would only get 4 pieces from alert and then 4 pieces from the raids.
    • Like x 2
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This is correct. Energy Armor, Herald of the Black, Quickstrike, Nuclear at least all did this. I don't remember exactly that it dropped in RIP, but I'd guess yes...after 100 runs of DWFE, you might want to try RIPE....for a pallet cleanser at least.

According to the WIKI, it drops in RIPE, along with the Shouders, Boots and Hands....so take that for what it's worth.

Sorry for the bad news Amalgam
    • Like x 4
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've gotten a small handful, nothing I was looking for and have yet to apply any, so nope...no boredom here. When I get one, I go to the broker and see what it's worth....sell if it's expensive...keep if not, for later sale.

Until they attach feats, I'm not concerned.
    • Like x 2
  18. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I distinctly remember farming RIPE for the Head and not caring about DSWFE because I only cared about the head style lol.
    • Like x 2
  19. Amalgam Universe Online New Player

O ok iv ran ripe a small handful also. Guess ill try to switch over to running rip in time elite for a bit then run them both for a bit to get the head to drop ?
    • Like x 1
  20. PhilOsyfee Active Player

Okay now this is just an idea but hear me out, Krona's Gauntlet/s as a handblaster style.