The Broker UI

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TKMcClone, Sep 21, 2021.

1. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I know that the Broker UI has been acknowledged as something that needs to be updated, but is it actually in the works? Many Item descriptions are also very lacking. If the seasonals can be noted why can't everything be noted.

This Mega time capsule is a a mess to sort through all the emblems and collection sets. It's not easy to dig through the items as they relate to where they are from. This is the first time capsule I've 'participated' in.
    (Stacks unopened going back to the first one:D)

At the very least every emblem related to a feat should have a notation - why don't the descriptions note the capsule they are from.

I know that you can sort the collection items by collection, but you can't search the group without going through all the other collection groups. And, other than the seasonals the description doesn't tell you where the collection item is from. (Eg: Joker bobble Head 'bobble heads collection' Gotham Crime Capsule.)

Many forum readers won't relate to this, but it's a huge hassle for new(ish) and returning players.

:mad:/end rant
    • Like x 10
  2. zNot Loyal Player

R&D station needs a overvaul aswell its extremly laggy and annoying to use.
    • Like x 2
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Name
    On the
    Gearbox
    Needs to
    Match
    The
    Name
    On the
    Gear!!!!!!!!!!

(And that should match the name used in the feat)
    No more of this cryptic BS. We should easily know what gear we are selecting smfh
    • Like x 8
  4. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Agreed, this is a another problem with the broker and the way things are sorted. It's worse if you don't know that you have collected something until it's no longer tradable.
    • Like x 5
  5. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The Broker's UI is absolute dog ****, let's be honest. The search function is limited, it's buggy, laggy and straight up not user-friendly.

It's one of the really dated system in this game that needs a serious overhaul. The amount of times it freezes or lags out when looking for something or trying to put something on it... Infuriating!

I've gotten used to finding ways around its clunkyness but I can't imagine how bad it is for a new player.
    • Like x 6
  6. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Once they see that they need to use it and then realize how many items are scattered on it, esh. You don't know what you're missing until you see you're missing 99% of everything.
    • Like x 1
  7. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Collections are hands down the worst thing to look up on the Broker. There's also no section for packs (Chroma packs, hair packs, etc.).

It hasn't change in over a decade (If my memory is good) and that's an issue because it was never good.
    • Like x 2
  8. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

It was a long time before I discovered that searching collections by 'level' puts them together in sets, but you still have pages of sets to scroll through.
    • Like x 2
  9. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Yeah, either way that UI ain't user-friendly.
    • Like x 2
  10. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

So outdated and no attention has been given to it and I think no attention will be given to it for some time still I hope that changes however .
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm fine with it not 'matching' but can't the name of the style just be added to the box? Seems like it would be easy enough to have 'Biohazard' on the 'Protective' boxes. Green/yellow indicators if you had it would be nice, but I kind of get that you won't see that till a box is opened. We've got 120 seconds to see the item and look in feats for it...I'd be happy just to know what it is without using a cheat sheet.

Make it so that we can search for a style too. If I'm looking for 'Laughing Knight' it would be nice to search for that vs 'Forbidden'.
    • Like x 3
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. It needs work. QoL stuff needs to be done for everyone. Even for ongoing players. I often times have to load and reload the broker 3x just so it doesn't do that "item" bug. (Which if you've used it, you know what I mean.)

First topic we can completely agree on. RND is terribad and only got worse as things changed over the 9 years it's been implemented.
    • Like x 2
  13. emerson brasileiro Level 30

I agree with most here, it really needs a super urgent update
  14. emerson brasileiro Level 30

this topic cannot be forgotten until there is an update promise.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ryll Committed Player

The one thing that I have always wanted to see is the "usable by me" checkbox applied to everything - and not just the collections. If you have collected that armour piece....emblem....whatever....with that box selected, we shouldn't see it.

I have also wanted to see another selectable option added: "Feat attached." Sure it would involve going through and added the notations to the items in game, but it seems a lot of people are already on board with that suggestion. Why not take it a step further and sort the list to display only items with a feat attached.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For Armor it wouldn't really apply as I can have the Avatar Bombardier gear from the OG drop(what...like 70 CR?), but I want to search for the Booster vendor gear which has the same style. Likewise you could apply Shim-Tar hands at a low level, but still want to buy the scaling gear same piece again as you get a bit higher CR.

Emblems though....yeah, that would be nice.
  17. Ryll Committed Player

Oh it would still work for armour. When I know specifically what I am looking for I search for that item. It would be like the Kryptonian Time Capsules. Both the old one and the Sixth Dimensional TC show up in the window after searching. I can only think of that one instance where inclusion of everything is a minor inconvenience.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Right, but if you know the name, it doesn't really apply either. An 'only items I can use' button is supposed to narrow the field when you don't know what you are looking for.

But any enhancement would be fine. I'd rather have it apply the 'only items I can use' to everything and I can turn it off at will, like if I'm looking to buy a collection I already collected. It's a minor inconvenience for the major benefit overall.

I was just pointing it out that it might be hard to have it apply to armor as armor doesn't really have an un-reusable aspect like collections, emblems, accessories or certain other styles you can only use 1 time.
  19. VariableFire Loyal Player

Been playing for years and I never knew this, period. Of course, just earning enough money to play the broker is a challenge in and of itself, never mind actually using the interface.
    • Like x 4
  20. Ryll Committed Player

Not sure about you, but I use the option to filter out stuff I don't need to collect anymore. I don't really think knowing the name of items comes into play at all personally.