Iceberg Lounge suggestions for survival needed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by bruceleroy98, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Magnificent Loyal Player

1. Get more SP. Max your health then work on Resto and Dom (I work both, I get one to a % increase tier then work on the other). The extra stats from SP are outside the clamp.
    2. Work your Fire Soul (the extra defense you get from having your combo level at 5 or higher).
    3. Loadout is important. In Tank role at your SP level I would run Immolation (shield), Reignition (25% SC, big heal + AE knockdown), Stoke Flames (Heal over Time, inflicts Burn on nearby enemies), Backdraft (AE pull, heals you), Burnout (Breakout + decent heal) and Burning Determination (heal shield of a sort, will heal you based on damage from the next 10 hits you receive).
    4. Make sure your Augs are maxxed (the extra stats from them are outside the clamp).
    5. Omega Compound
    6. Use your weapon knockup/back combos for the pengbots (can't remember if 2.0 is knockdown-able with Reignition but he does have mechanics you can use against him, like Lunging his eyebeams).

If all else fails just focus on your DPS side and learn how to burn through everything that way.
    • Like x 1
  2. bruceleroy98 Active Player

Wow some really awesome advice. I appreciate those of you in the community that are willing to give after 10 and 10 months of this game being in existence. Thank you good guys and gals!
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I mean I used the same method that I used on Venz, Swift and Blinding Violence, but a Fire Tank with 208 SP needs a little more patience - that said, do I like having to re-fly a million times when it IS the only option? No. No I do not.
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This is a demo of the Elite Penguin Fight - this build uses 208 SP, No Artifacts - SP Spec'ed into Two Hand, Dual-Wield, and Bow Weapon Trees, Flight Passives, Super Strength and Hard Light Shield Iconic Abilities, Healing and Damage Critical Chance and Magnitude, Hybrid Focus, and the remainder in Health.

For this fight, use Dual Wield - Flurry, stay in the middle of the room, keep an eye on the Penguin bombs, and make sure you cycle the Fire Abilities to maintain healing. If you see the Skull, use Hard Light Shield. Pets are suggested for Tank builds because they supplement the damage output; I also include the Weapon Boost Ability in this build. Good luck and good hunting.
    • Like x 1
  5. bruceleroy98 Active Player

What pet would you suggest that I get that doesn't prevent me from claiming a feat if I purchase it?

Otherwise, which mission should I run to acquire the pet that you suggest?

Lastly, when you say "weapon boost" ability, which ability is that? I'm a fire tank and I use dual wield. Are you talking about fiery weapon?
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

No pets should prevent you from getting Hard Knocks; honestly, I recommend ANY pet, probably a mobile single-target type like Nightmare or Vampire Bat, Mother Box, Brainiac Drone or the Seahorse. Also - Henchmen. They basically act as extra damage throughout the fight, and you can have both a single Pet and Henchmen active at the same time.

You SHOULD be able to get any Tier I pet pretty easily Hell, I think you can buy 'em on Chang Tzu these days... If you want to know more about Pet damage outputs and Henchmen effectiveness for a more long-term build solution, you really need to go into a dark bathroom at midnight, stare into the mirror and whisper "llihC naidisbO" backwards three times (or just google "Pet damage 2021" and his YouTube channel should come up).

And yeah - Fiery Weapon is Fire's Weapon Boost. The extra precision will help your output so you can focus on weapon attack damage, leaving extra loadout spaces for defensive options.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah isn't hard knocks just supercharge and soder, everything else you want to let rip :D
    • Like x 1
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

So it's not just a me thing! I've been focusing on my 340 CR atomic toon lately and it's so frustrating lol. So far I've been having my best luck and success in tank mode (so far I've just used a loadout from that blog guide thing) but IDK what would go best for you. My Soder Cola (I wanna drink some and know what it would taste like so bad lmao) Supreme or whatever from the Booster Bundles earlier which not only heal you a lot but also beef up your stats for a bit, orbital, and allies (I have this toon with Oracle Bot as the main ally and Calculator Bot and Cyborg as the support allies) have been the real MVPs, though.
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

ANY consumable, but if you have two pets chances are excellent you're not gonna be using extra consumables. This does, however, leave open the possibility of Supply Drops, Orbitals, and Aliies.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I think really, the best advice all-around is "Don't fight him in the corner", get him out to the center of the room where you can breathe a bit and it's a night and day difference.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I just ran this solo. Granted, in Event Mode, but still, not that hard. Then again, I had a Robot Sidekick, a Sidekick (fully upgraded in my Base Console) and a Vampire Bat Pet, PLUS my Oracle Bot Ally. I stayed at Range while my helpers attacked closer. Just kept cycling my powers, kept my helpers active, popped maybe one Soder Cola Ultimate, and he was toast.
  12. bruceleroy98 Active Player

Aren't support allies broken?
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

not all of them, mostly just some hiccups in the functionality of the legendary class allies, and the attacks seem to function regardless of what support functions aren't doing the do.
  14. bruceleroy98 Active Player

I have Cyborg. Which support ally is worth unlocking with him?
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The Cyborg / Calculator combo is actually really solid for a Tank - Calculator will reimburse you up 10-20K Health once every 20 seconds as a result of his Health refund when you get hit (and Penguin uses plenty of those meaty five digit damage hits).
  16. bruceleroy98 Active Player

Got hard knocks and chillin feats tonight. Thanks.
    • Like x 1