Inner Sanctum Elite: Batman keeps dying...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olli Malicious, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Olli Malicious Active Player

I've tried ISE 3 times so far and I'll be honest, it's underwhelming IMO compared to what it was like 10 years ago in terms of difficulty. First 2 bosses are a cakewalk and the only "difficulty" on LB is to keep an NPC alive... But that's another subject and there are plenty of posts about it.

My main issue is that batman keeps dying on last boss and then you have to do the computers all over again. Like it's not hard for the players, it's just truly annoying because healers have to spam moves that heal NPCs and the group gotta drop supply drops on Batman. Did the devs forget to give him defense or something? If he gets hit by one laser his health drops to like 25%. And then when Brother Eye comes out, you just gotta pray that Batman doesn't stand still under his spin or he gets one shotted.

I'm assuming this is a bug, right? Or is it intended that you have to rely on luck that an NPC doesn't walk into the lasers? I know they did a fix recently about Batman because his cog would disappear, but I think another fix is necessary to buff him a little.

Thanks.
    • Like x 2
  2. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Yeah, just happened to me in our run. We gave him a supply drop the 2nd try, and it was fine after that. They should add an on screen tip to give Batman his supply drop before brother eye appears.
  3. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

did you drop some balls on him? he loves it when people do that.
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

The problem I’ve run into is that people want to hold Batman’s cape while he’s doing terminals. The lasers that will apply a damage field (red, green, blue) target players. See the problem? Stay away from Batman, then have 1 person swoop in and destroy the terminal.

Although I do think his health could use a buff, it’s not a problem if people concentrate on their own positioning and pay attention to the mechanics. It also gives the healer an opportunity to learn their NPC healing move(s).
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The other night when i was trolling, I stayed close enough to Batman to be able to stun any add that tried to attack him... but not near enough to allow the laser AOE damage to hit him. When he finished, I also happened to be close enough to destroy the terminal. This was an LFG pug group, and the tank (who set up the group) loved what I was doing. It made his job easier because once I stunned it, he was able to pull it away.
    • Like x 2
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I think I was in that group with you. It went pretty smooth. We rebuilt for a second run and it was a nightmare. Batman kept dying over and over. I think it took us ten tries or more to finally get through without him dying. Whatever you were doing, more trolls need to do THAT! lol

And they say trolls are useless...
    • Like x 1
  7. Olli Malicious Active Player

That’s fine for the first part of the fight with the computers, but it happened to me twice where Batman would get one-shotted by Brother-Eye within a few seconds. Like how do you counter that other than just rely on luck? I honestly believe that they should buff his defense.
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

He probably doesn’t have a lot of life to begin the brother eye phase, but that’s not a one-shot. Unless it’s something I haven’t seen yet myself. I’ve had worse luck in the event version where the healer doesn’t use the NPC healing move and half the group doesn’t seem to even have a supply drop equipped.

Did you know the healer, was he topping off Batman?
  9. Dwild Well-Known Player

Just happened to us. We got to Brother Eye fight, Batman died but respawned. We did the fight again and beat it...got full loot along with the Blue Ball Catalyst ... but no credit for completing the raid. No one left and fight started AGAIN. Beat it AGAIN, no loot, no credit.
  10. Dwild Well-Known Player

Does the raid "fail" if Bats dies? Do you have to restart the raid from beginning? Really confused.