Dev Discussion Allies: Updated Tooltips

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Sep 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

I think it should be on an internal cooldown, like quislet's attacks. That way, it will go off regularly. As it is, I think they are realizing that pet trinkets do a lot of damage already and don't want to make them way OP, but with how they did Aquaman, they made it just as useless as his ability to talk to fish. Though ironically as that sounds.
    • Like x 1
  2. Yaiba Committed Player

Without the value for base power regeneration, it's kinda hard to test cyborg (overpowered or not). My first impression is that he is better than rank 200 Omegahedron, I might be wrong here.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ok, just a thought. I want to use him for combat anyway. Talking to a Kraken isn’t useless. :p
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

1) Test matches live. These tooltips are not on test, but the functionality is all the same.

2) Basic attack damage means NPC's precision, essentially, so basic weapon attacks, combo weapon attacks. It does stack with controller debuffs. It cannot be cleansed. It does work on players. The duration is 6 seconds. *It has a 20 second cooldown right now, but this is slated to be removed entirely.

3) TY, and the cooldown is 1 second and the duration is 10 seconds.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Flash - sorry for the confusion.

This is reducing the time from when you are out of combat, in slow movement speed, to when normal movement speed is resumed. The default is 3.8 seconds, and the max reduction on Flash's passive is 1.5 seconds, bringing it down to 2.3 seconds.

Feedback encouraged! Sorry about the seconds/milliseconds mix up.
    • Like x 4
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

TYVM for the questions and concerns so far. I really appreciate it.
    • Like x 2
  7. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I suppose a decimal point goes a long way. Thanks for the clarification.
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Thank you, Test is offline* at the moment but when it is back up I will confirm the abilities are working.

Also on an unrelated note check your dms :D
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ty for the clarification. I have a few questions.

For aquamans ally reduction passive. Is there an internal cooldown? IE if a dps uses 2 back to back 2500 SCs, will it double reduced or will only 1 reduction take effect? Same with 2 5000 cost SCs.

For his pet passive. If a person has 1 let summoned and a different try let is summoned will both gain the buff or just the summoned pet? If only the summoned pet gets the buff the. It’s another limitation. If they both get buffs would there be a way to have trinket pets activate the buff for tray pets? As it stands only ice can benefit from this and even that is very limited.

Is there any plans for the damage layout of these allies? As it stands the only “good” combat ally is cyborg. I’m not saying cyborg should be nerfed. I’m saying that the way some aoe allies split makes them useless as combat allies. And ST allies don’t really hold any benefit since even their ST damage is low. This includes legendary allies. And no I don’t think legendary allies should do more than none legendary. I’m okay with them being legendary because they have 2 passive options. But the aoe ally damage should be streamlined to let players chose the ally they want and not the ally they should have. And ST allies should be streamlined to do more damage than AoE allies on ST but less on AoE.
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Someone will have to test, but last we heard, Hear my call did not work on any pets except sorcery and earth ones. It was said that they were going to try to add rsk and turret. Not sure how that went.

As far as how to trigger it... right now it may be pretty counter intuitive but it does have one thing going for it. A 1sec cooldown. So as long as you're capable/ willing to, you could constantly be summoning/de/re and buffing your probably buffed by godwave pet. It wouldn't be fun and I probably wouldn't do it but my point is that it needs to be triggered by something that is done more often than calling out a pet trinket. Otherwise, it's pretty meh in just another way.
    Feeding/ offering but that's already a buff so not sure they'd add it but maybe do a 5-7% buff instead since it would be proccing more often? Or maybe just tied to using anything off utility belt? Or cola? All of the above?

Either way, yeah it has to not be from summoning/ desummoning. Please take my money.
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I know how it functions atm for the most part. Was just hoping they could shed light on how they intend for it to work. As in, they said that a pet summoned from the tray will gain a buff. So it’s clear they intend for all summoned pets to gain a buff when they are summoned. But are other pets that are already summoned intended to gain a buff too. For example an ice dps who has robot sidekick when they summon snow devil. Do they intend to have both pets receive the buff or do they intend for only the snow devil to gain the buff

As for sorcery and crystal. I already have a way to use it with them. But it’s not forgiving with godwave. This is with a Prec dps in mind since my sorcery is Prec. But clip weapon combo with fury clip with priority heal. Weapon combo to robot clipped with priority heal. And weapon combo clipped with fury again clipped once again with priority. Since fury gets de summoned by the act of robot being summoned I don’t have to waste time desummoning fury. When fury is resummoned it’s will have its full power bar once again. It’s a weird set up to say the least.
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Brand new account created, qued various solo instances, restarted game to ensure fortify changes took effect, equipped and uneqipped ally

Star Level 4 Base 60716
    With Ally 69823
    14.9993% increase

Star Level 5 Base 60716
    With Ally 69823
    14.9993% increase

Star Level 6 Base 6224
    With Ally 7157
    14.9904% increase

Star Level 7 Base 25811
    With Ally 29682
    14.9975% increase

Star Level 8 Base 12010
    With Ally 13811
    14.9958% increase

Star Level 9 Base 4199
    With Ally 4828
    14.978% increase

Star Level 10 Base 60716
    With Ally 69823
    14.9993% increase

A) Test server build DCUOT.521369 is not up to date with Ally abilities
    B) Sole Detective remains not working as intended just like all previous testing as each and every star level is 15% defense increase and doesn't change with star level

• Like x 2
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Queen Diana at rank 10, duel against another player
    - no damage reduction, weapon damage remained the same before and after pull
    - no debuff icon, nothing in current effects tab, no animation
    - player WAS successfully pulled using power/iconic/movement mode [Pulls]

B) Take That passive remains broken and has never worked even once since the release of Allies on the test server

• Like x 2
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Baseline testing:
    Crystal+RSK+Fury with aquaman not equipped and summon and re-summoned pets and recorded 10s parse, which was stated to be the duration above. I also restarted the game to ensure any fortify changes registered

Testing:
    Crystal+RSK+Fury with aquaman equipped I summoned and resummoned the pets and recorded the 1st 10s of the damage in the log and then de-summoned it and repeated

Results:
    All minimal damage differences which account only for parser bias, certainly not any noticable damage increase through star level 6,7,9

[IMG]

B) Aquaman's Hear My Call remains completely broken just as before, this was tested exactly how it was stated that the pet buff worked, there was no damage increase, no animation or aura to show its active, tested the main 3 pets that were supposed to work across 3 star levels.
    • Like x 3
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That's all unfortunate. How about hear my call is a 15% max buff (still levels as you feed allies) for 15secs every time we call an ally in? Would that make this all easier to make work? I'm assuming that the trigger is the problem vs whatever else could be the cause.

Or as you level up, the buff and duration get stronger? Starts at 5%/5s and ends up 15%/15s at max level. Still tied to ally trigger
    • Like x 1
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Just wanted to note that "Take That" only works in PvE. You won't see the effect in Duels and PvP.

For the purposes of testing, I created a brand new character on Test, picked up a CR 63 Gear Box, and used the Wrath Imp in Gotham Wastelands. The Wrath Imp has a small range of handblaster attacks that it can use and they have a fairly narrow damage range. That makes it easier to test damage changes. So I recorded the damage ranges I saw for Level 4 to 10 on Wrath Imp's Basic Ranged Attack and Pulse Beam.

Basic Ranged Attack (Damage Per Tick)
    Base: 44-46
    Level 4: 42-43
    Level 5: 40-41
    Level 6: 40-41
    Level 7: 38-39
    Level 8: 38-39
    Level 9: 36-37
    Level 10: 33-35

Pulse Beam (Damage Per Tick)
    Base: 21-24
    Level 4: 20-22
    Level 5: 19-21
    Level 6: 19-21
    Level 7: 18-20
    Level 8: 18-20
    Level 9: 17-19
    Level 10: 16-18

I also tested it out against some mobs in Flashpoint Gotham. A Falcone Mobster's One-Handed Hold Range attack went from ~4500 damage to 3350 damage at Level 10.

It didn't have any effect on Paradox enemy attacks. I'm guessing that maybe intended since those aren't regular "weapon" attacks.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Combat Suture : is that % of the Precision Buff, or % of Precision total?
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So did the legendaries get removed from cyborg or is my toon just not seeing them?
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you for the testing.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update:
    • Take That looks to be pve only right now. TBD if this will stand.
    • Heed My Call, beyond the bugs listed, will be reworked into something else more applicable for pet users.
    • Sole Detective is being fixed.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.