Iceberg Lounge suggestions for survival needed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by bruceleroy98, Sep 20, 2021.

1. bruceleroy98 Active Player

I'm a tank at 342. Is there anything I can plug into my arsenal gear wise that can extend my change of survival i.e. utility belt items, a certain pet, etc.

I'm tired of Pengbot and Penguin smacking me around and forcing me to eventually use a consumable.

I'm trying to achieve School of hard knocks and chillin like a villain.

Thanks everyone.

- Golden Assasin
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Penguin isn’t whats killing you. Look at the floor. There are tiny penguins the spawn along the wall and walk outwards towards you. You have to dodge them. If you don’t than they explode on contact with you and knock you back while doing damage. Take to many in a short time and you die.
    • Like x 6
  3. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Options:
    1) Get Good;)
    2) Climb the penguin statue on lb, that's what everyone does anyway.
    3) Go DPS because if u pew pew fast you prob can kill him before he kills u.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

The penguins in the last fight are the primary threat, you should range attack Penguin and play at distance it then takes longer for the penguins to reach you and makes them far more visible to evade.

DO NOT fight Penguin in melee range at the door he spawns at because that's also where the exploding penguins spawn at (unless you really know what you're doing).

If you're tanking then your damage will be lower, depending on how adept you might be at battle tanking so you need to account for a longer duration of fight and rotate shields and the like effectively.
    • Like x 5
  5. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Climb the statue? lol, wth. I stand in middle of room after talking to catwoman, call out my pets, use a cc power to knock penguin around, and dish out my loadout bar. drop an orbital, ally, trinket buff, everything and the kitchen sink too. No penguins hit me as they waddle around the room as i am in the middle.
    • Like x 6
  6. Proxystar #Perception

You climb the statue using Catwoman's rope, it's a new iconic power ;)

But yea seriously I laughed at that too, who honestly climbs that statue, that's sad lol
    • Like x 2
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The corner closest to the door on the right where Penguin appears, stay there. The penguin bombs don't usually get close enough.
    • Like x 2
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Mental power, Horrific Visage (Disturb your target at its very core, damaging it and twisting it into a monster that cannot defend itself. Enemies that get near the target are stunned and can become twisted as well. Power Interactions : Terrifies enemies, making them vulnerable to Terrified effects.) turns npcs into spirits if it rolls to do so (RNG status affect). It's my CC in my dps loadout and empowers the damage of other certain attacks.

What power are you using?

I'd read the ability descriptions and try to find a good one for CC. Try a power you'd not use in group content as a tank in your loadout when not in a group.

Alt method: use the environment. Line of sight with npc. Although I've been grunting at the little penguins during the put seeds in vent phase because their laser sight is across the entire room and makes me drop the seed until i Horrific Visage them or KO them. The earlier Penguinbot, I stay away from close range because I remember that move from years ago. A stomp attack it does was/is devastating. Using a henchmen trinket and shadow bat t2 trinket so i can keep range attacking it.

ps@website: Loadout... is not misspelled. Stop underlining it in edit with the red wavy line. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  9. Random Mind Dedicated Player

My strategy for the Penguin fight has been to avoid destroying the table and chairs in the room prior to the boss fight. When Penguin spawns, I stand on the table if it survived, or stand in-between the remaining chairs, which acts as a kind of a barrier to the exploding penguins. Even if there is only one chair on each side of you, the penguins will walk past you, I’ve had only a single chair on one side and penguins didn’t bother me. Once I’m in my safespace, I get as close to the Penguin as possible, I launch my orbital, then my turret, then activate my DPS trinket and then hit Penguin with everything I have. Not getting hit by those expoldobots is the key to survival and getting the Waddling feat. Use a shield or shields and a range weapon or range powers and you should be sound as a pound.
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Made a video some time ago on test. Will try to make another one on Live soon. ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. bruceleroy98 Active Player

Yea I've rusty af. Been out of game for over a year. Just catching up on everything from the last 3 years as I like the daily rewards system.
    • Like x 1
  12. bruceleroy98 Active Player

Yo thanks everyone for taking your time to give me sound advice. It means a lot and I'll put them to immediate use.
    • Like x 1
  13. bruceleroy98 Active Player

Nothing elite yet. I'm a fire tank with maybe 208 sp.
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

can you fly? you can avoid some of the penguin bombs by doing that, otherwise consider some PDFs to supplement your durability.
  15. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

People have been talking about the Penguin fight at the end so I'll just give some tips for the Pengbot at the beginning but if you find that his lazer eyes are doing too much damage to you you can avoid him so you're out of range for a bit and even block behind that wall in the middle of the room and he'll have to go around it to get to you. If you're lucky and need a bit of a break sometimes Ivy and Harley will block the Pengbot and even the adds if you play keepaway with the Pengbot. Trying to melee it especially at the beginning of the fight might be a sure fire way to get you killed as a tank so don't hesitate to dodge or kite him around tables in that room if you have to. Definitely avoid the Pengbot when he starts spinning cause that might one shot you, be mindful of his rockets or fire that he throws at you and it might be hard to right away dodge his eye lasers but if he starts blasting you block and roll to mitigate that damage. Don't be afraid to use whatever to keep space between you and the Pengbot. Also if he goes Quantum (can't remember if that's only Elite) make sure to avoid his black hole because that will pull you in and kill you. I think Pengbot is tougher than Penguin because as long as you dodge the mini penguins you should be ok so if you get used to both boss fights you'll do fine. You might consider looking up some Battle Tank rotations and builds though so you can do enough burn on your own while keeping yourself alive as long as you can because that's pretty key in solos. GL
  16. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Go dps. Use all range attacks.
    I use Meteor (knocks them down) clipped with stoke flames, mass det (big hitter), then either wildfire or heat vision (guess that would be up to you) but i also have hard light shield in the loadout for survival. Knockdown is key it can interrupt a lot of damage they deal out. You can also use absorb heat but it makes you move slow so i dont like it for those fights.

My character is fire as well so i hope the loadout helps if u decide to use it.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

First off, are you trying for these feats in Elite? if so, why? You can run the 'event' version and get them, so get those separate and you should have no issues...then you are able to use Super and soder if running Elite.

Pengbot (if Elite) is probably dropping a black hole on you, he does that after he starts teleporting around the room. Make sure to pull your camera back a tick and watch for the black holes ('dim' cirlce with some blue blinky lines coming out around it...like in LB of bombshell)...and just make sure you stay out of those. His Eye beams hurt too, but you can normally block through those.

Last boss, yeah, avoid the little penguins. I generally stay to the left side corner till a few are out and on that side of the room, then head up to where Penguin is where Lorax suggested....and make sure to drop your super and orbital on him, drop pets...whatever. He'll be dead before the little penguins find you.
    • Like x 1
  18. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

Hahahaha same! Everything I got and more... #FastandFurious
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Flying and staying in the middle does work to an extent, but Penguin has attacks that can ground you. Depending on individual patience it can get a little irritating to keep having to repeatedly re-engage Flight during the fight.
    • Like x 1