Inner sanctum was not a pleasant surprise

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Serene, Sep 18, 2021.

1. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

How can be you be so sure? I'm not even talking about you lol (or am I?). I'm 99.9% confident here.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

You guys are reaching here.

As has already been said, some players don't frequent the forums too often.

When a certain group of frequent forum users have nothing to bring to the discussion, they reach for conspiracy theories and try to make the reasonable players having respectful discussion, even if disagreeing, seem either in the wrong or that our forum accounts are suspect. They have such a need to be right in every discussion rather than to listen to other points of view regardless of whether they agree or not. While this is going on there will never be harmony in the community or on the forums.

Here's the thing. In a respectful community, I want to have conversation with players who are willing to agree to disagree, or just respectfully disagree. Have interesting and great conversations about the game's state currently. There is a lot to discuss with the House of Legends, both positive and negative. Constructive talk of course. Though I consider myself an elite player, I am open to discussion and have had different ideas or beliefs about how content difficulty should be to both casual players and even fellow elite players in some cases.

If someone is trying to derail this by accusing me of 'destroying the game' or 'taking their game experience away' for simply having an opinion (baring in mind I don't work for DI or the dev team), I will simply ignore them as engaging in that discussion simply results in a derailed thread and that wouldn't be constructive for the community and by extension the game as a whole. I will focus my responses and attention on more rational responses by players in the thread regardless of whether they share similar views to me about the game or not. It is more likely from this that the discussion will continue to be constructive and positive. Sometimes I may just 'like' posts I agree with or respect and move on, not engaging in the thread too much.

Of course, players can choose to ignore certain threads if needs be.
    • Like x 1
  3. zNot Loyal Player

It doesnt matter you are accusing people without any proof and OP also said the devs can go check the data to see if the feedback was coming from the person or different people the facts are on the table
  4. zNot Loyal Player

I have to agree the devs cant really do much for this IC raid apart from scaling since those raids already are designed.
    But its important to suggest and give feedback so that for the next episode and beyond the devs actually know what to do and what people want.
    • Like x 1
  5. Magnificent Loyal Player

There are a couple of issues here...

Run some pugs and you'll quickly find out that MANY players have little to no clue as to anything beyond pew-pew-pew. I can't tell you how many times I've run with DPS who are running with Health or Resto augments or running in their Role with Might or Precision augs. I'm CR343 with 573 SP (Fire powerset) and most of the Alerts I've run have had me queueing in when the group is stuck at the final boss fight, I usually go tank and carry them through (meaning we beat it easily on the first try).

If I'm lucky enough to pug into the beginning of group content and run the whole thing, even as a Tank my DPS often beats at least one of the actual DPS players. In DPS role I've put out more DPS than the rest of the group combined.

I'm on the higher end of stats and know my powerset well enough to hold my own in DPS or Tank but I'm by no means one of the top tier players, not even close. Most of the regulars I raid with are in the same boat as me and I'm a little above average on stats and skill.

So one point is that the average player is below completing a lot of this content on just normal mode without the help of at least one player who is far above them on SP, Augs, etc and knows their powers/weapon fairly well.

The other aspect is the primary means of raising difficulty seems to be to just raise damage, health and/or defense on mobs. The problem there is that the way many are chewing through the content is by running metas (looking at you, Eye of Gemini). Simply raising stats on bosses just forces more people to run metas thus making certain loadouts mandatory and then that's what the Devs are balancing against. Instead, take the metas out of play. If the problem is players hot-swapping artifacts during combat, lock out the ability to change artifacts during combat. If the problem is having 5-7 DPS all running Eye of Gemini, do something like put in a dynamic damper during boss fights which reduces the damage of all DPS players in the fight by 10% for each DPS in the raid group over 4. If the problem is players positioning a boss behind some of the debris to where he can't escape, remove that debris. Et cetera.
    • Like x 4
  6. Serene Level 30

Look, I'm ok if you dont agree with me, but trying to deflect the atention to the real topic, why dont u just report all the accounts that bothers u? it seems way easier than starting a conspiracy.
    Because so far you havent added anything new to the conversation, and i dont mind having someone who doesnt share my thoughts, i've only talked from my experience, maybe your experience adds something new or maybe it doesnt. but try to up your game, or at least stick to the topic.
    • Like x 2
  7. Serene Level 30

I know there are many player struggling with the content, but not because of that i want to lvl down, but its true going with pugs has always been a nightmare. I dont know if its because they arent in a league, or what. And i dont know if the game should at least provide a small guide to new players in order to clarify it, because there is so much content.

I'm not saying rise dmg, health on boss or mobs. I enjoy when i have to do the mechanics, I would like to put as en example sffe it wasnt a hard raid it was an event yet a lot of ppl had to learn how to navigate that raid. And it's ok if you dont have all the sp from that "event" as long as you have fun (thats why i play the game), besides as soon a you get 300+ sp they dont matter that much. But I agree, having 5 dps in one raid is too much dmg and of course the boss wouldnt last long. I miss old days when u had to run with 2 of each rol healer/tank/troll/dps, the role one that is almost dying are the trolls so far is the easiest rol to use,so simple and boring, they dont even have to POT. Before they were so important, because the power was a luxury...
  8. Antonio G New Player

I completely agree, they should be challenges and give us good content overall.
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I stopped reading at "karens."
    • Like x 5
  10. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

Totally agree i remember the good old times when if u don't beat the raid, good...sit on the watchtower.

And so far is sad, won't forget the last good raid FSGE, awesome, beautiful, hard. And now all seems like "nerf it because too hard".
  11. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

The "Normal" version is relatively easy but the elite?

The group I pugged with today had several good players I run with from time to time. We communicated, tried different things, tried dual heals, tried different tanking spots...could only get the boss down halfway a couple of times.

Perhaps we could've tried it a few more times instead of disbanding but the effort was there for about 30 minutes.

Certainly didn't seem easy to me, at least - the Elite version.
    • Like x 3
  12. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

I don't understand why players want raids nerfed, especially "Legacy" raids. The same players crying for nerfs are the same ones that hide behind the "I want challenge" excuse whenever stat clamp came into question.
    • Like x 1
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Have you ever thought that what ppl say on the forum has very little, if any, effect on the difficulty of content? The forums are 50/50. There's always someone vocal pushing for "too hard/too easy/not interesting," etc. To think the devs make decisions based on that is pretty naive. It's more likely the changes are based on completion rates, engagement, wipes, sales, etc.

Feedback is good, but it's more likely that it's just a small part of the information the devs gather when adjusting content (this doesn't apply to when episodes are on test, as the feedback there seems to be acted on very quickly, especially when given by certain individuals).
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It's probably because they all have the same non-English spelling/grammar errors as you. This doesn't mean it's you, of course. Just that they're probably people in your league/from the same part of the world as you.
    • Like x 2
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Played normal last night … no big issues I didn’t find it incredibly easy (I ran blind queue) it wasn’t particularly difficult either no one died

I still hate this freakin raid
    • Like x 1
  16. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I'm going to start this by saying that I agree with virtually all of your point. I played both FOS2 and Inner back when they were FIRST launched and multi hour attempts were not uncommon. Some of my fondest memories of those days were the side conversations, joking and teamwork that those raids called for,

Nerfing them, for me , lessens the experience,

Having said that, this trend of calling people who may want a different experience names like "karen" is really not cool. Nor is it productive to the conversation. Those players have every right to ask for what they want without being disparaged as "noobs", "spoiled" or "karens".

DCUO is, after all, a shared space

Just something to think about.
    • Like x 3
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Exactly, gotta be burner accounts lmao, it’s obvious
  18. Serene Level 30

Commenting on what you think of how I am phrasing my post; I do not think it was hurtful or calling name to anyone in specific, different outcome would be if I said: “X” person or “Y” person is a Karen. Secondly, I never said noob or spoiled, I mentioned them as Karen only because I see so many entitled people thinking they know-all as if they did represent all the community, but let me be clear I am not to speak from others, I am just speaking from my point of view. Besides, I do have the benefit from expressing my opinion that’s why it’s a forum you can express freely. So, I should be able to phrase my thoughts how I ever want to.

On the other side, I agree nerfing the content is the worst thing they could do, I would have thought that they tested so it was enough challenge for the people who are used to this kind of content. Nerfing the elite raids shouldn’t be done because it diminishes the experience, if it's too easy people would go to other games and maybe try again for the next dlc to see if the challenge is worth it, that’s why we keep losing good players all the time.
    I do not know when this nerfing phase started, probably when nexus and paradox dlc arrived, because I remember they nerfed it. And I was so sad, my league at that time was so disappointed, I remember spending hours in there. Prime was good too.
    • Like x 1
  19. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea other games that have been green lit for the use of more IP copywritten content, that just keeps coming, as the game ages, DC really is gonna give them a stern warning on how hard you feel the raids should be or the content is. hey DC, our game has been online for over 10 years, what are you so upset about, and why do you keep letting us do more stuff, i mean the karens, and the video game companies that don't put up with this, that have MMO's that have went through now 3 Console generations, while being a PC mmo at the same time as being on console at the same time, is a feat alone, but DC is probably very upset with all the money and free publicity for the TV shows and movies they make, by adding emblems, from movies, and base items, all that kind of stuff... BY god SOE/DAYBREAK
    WE AD DC ENTERTAINMENT DO NOT WANT ANY MORE MONEY, JUST DO THE OPPOSITE
  20. Toshknight Loyal Player

SHHHHHH dont remind people that this is a mmo and were suppose to talk and work together, get stuff done by way of the randomness of meeting people.

EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE SOLO, I DONT WANTO TALK TO ANYONE, JUST DO MY DAILIES AND LOG OUT.

we need more players like you.
    • Like x 1