TANKS/Healers please stay away from Duos..please!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Beat, Sep 19, 2021.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes 2 dps are more effective than 1 dps. That’s obvious. However it’s not just 1 dps.

2 dps are not more effective than 1 dps + 1 tank/healer.

Can 2 dps be more effective? Yes. Are they always more effective? No. The average que dps is normally below average. Whenever I ran the duo it was common for me to double the other dps. So on average having a support for a random que is normally more effective. If you want a real comparison it would go like this.

2 good dps
    1 good dps 1 good tank
    1 good dps 1 good healer/troll
    1 good dps 1 decent tank
    1 good dps 1 decent troll
    1 good dps 1 decent healer/dps
    • Like x 2
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

DPS are not necessary since we have too many of them gotteeeeeeeeeeeeem
    • Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I would say you are a new player, but your sig says otherwise...

If a tank, healer, or controller shows up in a duo, as long as they are doing their role, they are necessary. If they are a tank that is just hitting dual pistol full auto spam, then you are right, but that is the same with dps doing it. Otherwise, shout for a partner, don't just random queue and expect it to go your way.
    • Like x 5
  4. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I think a Dps and Healer should do.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mister Hando Active Player

When I have a character which have a support role, stay away from my Duo...^^
    Seriously, you can ask on the chat if you want to play with other dps or play with your guild.
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Talk about egocentric.

"When I'm running a duo, I only want DPS so it's faster for me!"
    "When I'm in an alert or a raid, I want you there as tank or healer so I can survive! And you better have gear and SP!"
    "You're not allowed to run other content as a tank or healer! Just alerts and raids, got it?!"

Edit: 1 cent is honestly too much for this thread. I'd say like 0.25 cent maybe.
    • Like x 5
  7. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I have out dps'd dps as a support role, with all of them actually. Why don't you ask them if they are setup to do damage in a tank role rather than assuming they are strictly turtle tanking?

My advice would be to find someone to do duos with so you have no worries about queueing up with support roles...aka tanks, healers, and non-buff trolls. ;)
  8. myandria Item Storage

Well..

I guess you will be spending time dropping out of Duo queues until you find players with a DPS characters; good luck with that. You seem to have forgotten that this and other MMO games are made for all players and all roles; it is up to the players to figure out how to get through content with their chosen role(s). If the devs did not want support roles in the game's content then the game would have been made differently.

Again, good luck! :D
    • Like x 2
  9. Miss Adora Loyal Player

so you get to decide what is necessary is a duo?
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Going to queue in to duos this week as tank role now, just because.
    • Like x 8
  11. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I wonder how such a subject can still be there!
    • Like x 1
  12. ixiYSOixi New Player

LMAOOOOO boy shut yo QQ self UP. What the hell is this post, my boy??? If you don’t have good damage to solo dps a duo then just say that lmao. I’ve run as a troll with a dps before and we cleared at a nice time. It was like 10-12m clear. If you’re crying because you can’t clear faster than that then go do whatever you’re rushing to get off DCUO for.

So tired of this Pew Pew GOTTA GO FAST mentality on this game.
    • Like x 2
  13. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

One good dps is enough to solo a duo reg or elite.
    • Like x 2
  14. BeastGamingSkill Level 30

Easy solution. Invite a friend and both of you go DPS. If you don't have a friend, then make one. Doesn't take a genius to "solve" your problem. You can always just git gud and deal more damage to the point that having a healer/tank won't matter.
    • Like x 2
  15. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Kind of curious what risk/reward benefits exist without a support role in an elite duo.
  16. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Fine! Then Dps spend the time it takes healers and tanks to level artifacts and gear to survive in alerts and raids or just solo the elite duo YOURSELF! Have you ever thought for 1 minute.....CHANGE YOUR LOADOUT?!
    • Like x 1
  17. Sentiency Well-Known Player

As everyone else here has told you- the issue here is you. You shouldn’t be having problems at all in duos if you are decent as you say you are, and trying to alienate arguably the two most important roles in the entire game from an entire game mode is toxic and rude. It’s a duo, 5 extra minutes of burn because someone wants to tank or heal isn’t gonna kill you. When the elite duo first came out I healed it with a random dps and it took us no time at all.
    • Like x 2
  18. Plowed In Loyal Player

You just wasted more people’s’ time making this thread and you’re not rewarding any marks…apparently you were in troll role ;)
    • Like x 5
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Six digit, single shot damage.

To help you differentiate going forward.
    • Like x 1
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Screw the OP on this one, holy crap what an attitude……
    Im a dps and ONLY a dps (and a pretty good one) and i assure all the tanks an healers out there (also the trolls, love a good troll!!!)
    that i will GLADLY take you in duo’s!!!!
    This has to be one of the dumbest things i have ever read on these forums smh.
    • Like x 2