Thinking about changing my troll armory

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by thedemonocus, Sep 19, 2021.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Right now my troll armory has full troll gear with troll arts, i have my sp set for power i maxed vit and put the rest into dom but i'm thinking maybe i should max dom and put the rest in vit instead or just get rid of my troll armory all together and just run as a buff troll with dps gear and salvage my troll gear. What do you guys think i should do?
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Instead of deleting your troll gear you could just buff troll with max offensive stats and left over in vit? Why max dom? Is it for your shields? I ask because maxing dom doesn’t affect stuns and CC.
    • Like x 2
  3. thedemonocus Loyal Player

[COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Dominance[/COLOR]

Dominance is combined with Restoration to determine the potency of healing and shield abilities.
    At high levels, Dominance must be higher than enemy Willpower for crowd control effects to be effective.
    The recommended Dominance for an [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Alert, [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Raid or [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Operation[/COLOR] is needed to affect opponents in that content when using power based control effects.[/COLOR]
    Healing = Base Healing Multiplier * (30% Restoration + 25% Dominance).
    Shield = Base Shield Multiplier * (112.5% Restoration + 150% Dominance)[/COLOR]
    Dominance is an important stat for [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Tanks and [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Controllers[/COLOR]. sounds like dom is needed for crowd control but i could be mistaken [/COLOR]
    heres where i got that from https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Stats
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You need a minimum to be able to CCed enemies. But after the minimum it doesn’t do anything else
    • Like x 3
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Controllers have the weakest shields out of any powerset. Putting anything into DOM for controlling outside of just reaching the dom cap is pointless.
    • Like x 3
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Normally battery trolls will spec full Might/Power and then put the rest into Vit. You get more than enough Dom from your gear, extra Dom does nothing useful for controllers.
    Running as a buff troll with all DPS gear is not something you want to do. You need all the Vit you can get for successful passive PoT since your active power heal will be removed. DPS gear does not have enough Vit to carry your passive PoT.
    • Like x 2
  7. Kylowat New Player

I'm a pretty new player thats really gotten into mental troll. I've been mostly following ObsidianChill stuff as i learn the game and work on my SP. In his most recent buff troll guide he specifically says to use all dom metas as the vit isnt necessary. My understanding from his buff vid is that Dom > Vit. Reading what ya'll saying makes me think I'm not understanding it correctly. What is the dom cap? or where can i find that info? Really enjoying the game but finding out stat stuff can be very frustrating.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The Dom Augments give additional Health, you're not wearing those augments for the Dom increase. Health goes towards the group damage buff from using Tetrahedron/Cog of Mageddon.