TANKS/Healers please stay away from Duos..please!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Beat, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

^ this.

I figure, I don't mind running with a Tank or a Healer because if I'm DPSing, I can usually put out enough damage to cover for their lack and if they're healing or have aggro the whole time? I don't have to focus even a little bit on mitigation, I can dump the clip, as it were.
    • Like x 4
  2. Quantum Rising Committed Player

L

Devils advocate : But could you do it without Jackhammer?
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

If you're that good, then why do you "need" another DPS? Inquiring minds want to know.

And to be frank, I'd rather have a decent Healer or Tank than a questionable DPS as my backup - I've carried a *LOT* of people through Heatwave, and it always goes faster when they're alive than it does when they're dead. The average DPS don't know a damn thing about survival - the average Tank and Healer, even if they suck, both do on some level.
    • Like x 4
  4. Beat Active Player

Silly question.

I'm not talking about a regular Duo I'm talking Elite, Elite.

For example in the Flashpoint Elite Duo, when amazo absorbs your powers and spams the ability that removes all your pets and skills leaving you with just brawling, when there's a Tank that has 0 Dmg, NEITHER of us are doing Dmg at that moment.(Amazo does that VERY frequently I mind you).

Versus, 2 Dps or trolls, even when I'm form changed or getting chased or stunned, at least my teammate is still chipping at Amazo then boom I'm back, and before ya know it Amazo is below half bar with our combined efforts.

Instead of good burn, slow burn , form changed, unchanged , good burn, slow burn, form changed, slow burn, unchanged, good burn,with 2 of us there's always a steady stream of burn and less of a headache.
  5. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

another one who has to drop this CB on the game, playing with a power cheater and 600 sp on the counter.... :D
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Any tanks or healers that feel slightly alienated by this thread please feel free to add me. I have no issues running duos with support roles as long as you are actually playing your role.
    • Like x 7
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’ve soloed the ELITE duo multiple times. I’ve also carried a lot of dps through it. Just like kimone Id rather have a decent tank/healer than a decent dps.
    • Like x 5
  8. Beat Active Player

Example #2.

On Heatwave , since I prec for flexibility , while I spam flurry and kite doing decent Dmg while dodging, my other Dps can be behind Heatwave burning him as we BOTH have our pets out. Vise versa, Heatwave will be down withing 2min, 5 min TOPS worst case scenario.

On the other hand, having a tank do exactly what I can do WHILE burning but instead with no burn,
    Let's say a Dps slips up and ends up going down by plastic man, Tank doesn't get him in time because he's across the room on his toes with Heatwave . Dps warps, congratulations Dps your going to be waiting atleast 10min for the tank to take down Heatwave since ya know...Tanks seem to hate wiping.
  9. Beat Active Player

I also have solo'd now, but when the Elite was new to me I also had Tanks refuse to wipe, wasting time... Feet Dragging.

Very foolish to choose a healer or tank over even an average Dps,

"Hey, sign me up for doing a Duo for almost double the time with the exact same rewards as if I did it in half the time" absolutely no logic.
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

So am I, there's kinda... exactly ONE Elite Duo right now.

I still do (high) five digit base damage with "just brawling", and to be frank, two extra minutes up front isn't breaking my daily schedule. This makes it sound like you have an overbearing definition of where your influence over another player's choices begins and ends. Which - to be blunt - cry about it if you like, which you're doing, but understand that it makes you sound a little petulant.
    • Like x 1
  11. Beat Active Player

Oh, I'd love to see you scoring 100k/S with brawling with NO weapon buff or sidekick possibly while your other pets are on cooldown. I will never comment again and I might apologize before deleting my Character.

You have yet to say I am wrong...because I am not.

2 Dps=More Effective than 1 Dps.
    As the 2 examples I displayed.

No matter how you feel, you might love running with tanks, great, I do too sometimes. But it is a clear fact that running with a tank in a Duo is not Risk/Reward beneficial.

Have someone do what a Dps can do, but with practically no Dmg . Taking more time for the same rewards you probably didn't need in the first place. Foolish.
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If anyone hates on you for not wanting to run with them, then absolutely get it. But we can't hate and plenty of players ask for a heal for last elite duo
    • Like x 2
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You claim to be a good dps. If you’re a good dps and random que than yes every dps is a “decent” dps. I rarely get another dps that does as much damage as me. Same with other good dps. They rarely get a dps as good as them. It’s not about “choosing” a decent dps. If I que up and see a tank I don’t leave because I know it will go smoother. I’ve been in runs where the tank will grab all adds in the hallway. And I can burn them fast. So it goes faster than 2 dps killing each group of add one at a time. And you know what? That’s what group chat is for. You can communicate and ask them to pull adds. If you have a healer you can get a couple groups together too.

So yes I value a tank over another dps who I will end up doubling anyways.
    • Like x 3
  14. Beat Active Player

Agreed. For sure.
    • Like x 1
  15. Yaiba Committed Player

I think for first boss Amazo, it makes sense to run without tank or healer (you actually follow the mechanic of this fight. no defense buff for Amazo). :D
  16. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Don't usually actively avoid other players. I'll make an exception in your case. It's a duo not a solo so it's not all about you.
    • Like x 3
  17. Beat Active Player

I can understand that, and you're not wrong.

Like I said it's really just preference.
    I usually have the most Dmg but I like having an extra "what if Dps", just like if someone claimed they're rich but still wanted to receive their income tax I wouldn't doubt them saying "Well if you're so rich why do you need to receive your taxes back?" I'd think "Huh, ya know what, maybe he/she just wants more of his/her money even if he/she doesn't need it, it couldn't hurt to have MORE money".
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

First - no one's scoring 100K/s single with just Brawling, but pretty much no one who isn't speed-hacking is doing 100K/s single target consistently anyway so that's a very specious argument. And you're going to get stunned by that attack no matter who you bring with you so it has no actual bearing on the discussion.

To your other point - Can you get through it slightly faster with two excellent DPS? Sure.

Can you get through it faster with one absolutely average DPS? Who being an absolutely average DPS can virtually be guaranteed to deal insufficient damage AND DIE INSTANTLY because of a lack of mitigation and survivability measures?

No, because the second he's dead and you fail that pickup, the Atom-Bot's going to stun you and you're gonna sit there getting punched in the kidneys until you pee blood.

Now, you're complaining about this in a situation where you're blind queueing, obviously, otherwise you'd know what you're getting, and in a blind queue? Most of the DPS-first or DPS-only characters you come across SUCK. There's a reason why the rest of us all have anecdotes about either carrying people or having to solo the majority of the Duo, and that right there is most of it.

They're DPSing because they don't understand how other Roles work, and not understanding how other Roles work is - more often than not - a solid indicator that they don't know how their own Role works. Very simple stuff. Someone like that is a liability. At least the Tank or the Healer might stumble into accidentally keeping themselves alive. But a bad DPS is always a liability.
    • Like x 2
  19. Beat Active Player

Well, even worst case scenario without pets I score atleast 70-90k/s and that's close so split the difference.

Also doing high 5 digit Dmg is terrible per hit as brawling.

Flurry can do 70+k/S base Dmg and that's like 8 ticks.
    So high five with brawling? That slow with no pets?

This is why other Dps' are viable for moments like that
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

FIVE digits, sonny. Not six. Go see an optometrist.

Also, you're only Brawling for the next 3-5 seconds, and if you're dealing 50K+ a hit, it's more than enough to make the Atom Bot sit and more than enough to keep the fight moving forward for that five seconds. You'll be doing real damage again soon enough.
    • Like x 1