TANKS/Healers please stay away from Duos..please!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Beat, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Beat Active Player

Especially Elite Duos, support roles really aren't necessary.

All it takes is Dps or trolls to have 1 or 2 shields in their Loadout, and "Personal Dampening Field" trinket for an extra backup shield, and MAYBE a supply drop (Rarely).

I Hate when I Que with support roles because I already have my own defense and strategy to stay alive , so the other guy ends up being useless. The burn is slower with one Dps and I don't want to have to do a 20min duo for 3 marks.

If any Dps is struggling to survive, they either are frozen statues and can't maneuver or their Loadout is too much attack not enough stay alive AND attack.
    (Just my 1 cent)
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Wow, good luck to you. You're about to get torn apart by the comments. (Btw, you can lfg to get a partner that suits your needs) ((other option is to pay players to play your way))
    • Like x 9
  3. Quantum Rising Committed Player

And the problem is that this is 90% of the dps out there. The kind that sit in fire dps'ing. It's like an additional few min if one person runs in support role. Not that big of a deal. Just leave if you don't want to run but telling people how to play is meh.
    • Like x 5
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

What's your in-game name so I can ignore you? :p
    • Like x 20
  5. Beat Active Player

I'm expressing my true feelings towards the topic, I couldn't care less if everyone in the world disagrees, I'm saying what I feel-doing what I should .

I'll say also that I personally believe pure Tanks shouldn't touch Duos **mn sure not solos, I believe tanks belong in Alerts and Raids (But there are always exceptions).

BUT if a Tank has the gear to Tank and/or Dps, then that's different. I've ran many duos with people who would tank some parts to be safe and switch back when not necessary, I'm complaining about 100% "I only Tank" people in Duos.
  6. Beat Active Player

Won't be a problem, if I ever Que with you and your a Tank or Healer in a Duo I'll kindly exit, no hard fee fees.
    :D
  7. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

Also stay away from their alerts and raids.
    • Like x 3
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Man, is it 2013 or something? Where sons of trigon duos were out and people complained about duo partners?!?!

A tank and healer isn't bad at all, it probably just takes longer. Makes your scorecard numbers go up. Ego stroked!
    • Like x 10
  9. Beat Active Player

Oh, feel free to explain to me how I'm factually wrong, instead of playing Tick for Tack .

It should be common knowledge.

Dps+Dps (or Buff Troll)=Fast Run, which=More Time for other things like farming source marks or straight up less boredom.

Dps+Tank/Healer=Slower run to accomplish the exact same thing taking more time AND more effort (Feet Dragging) which=More time wasted especially if you have somewhere to be or do in RL.

Please explain to me how option #2 is time, and reward efficient.

It's NOT.
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

My wife and I used to run tank/healer duos all the time when we started. Neither of us were great at damage, and we could survive through anything together.

I also don't care if the other player is in any role. Most damage players are not very good either, so the additional help from healing, aggro, stuns, etc. is actually preferable to most of the damage players who get knocked out left and right or do very little damage.
    • And to note, I'm not great at damage myself, but there are more players worse than me than better than me. I at least took the time on sparring targets to improve even if it's not my favorite role.
    • Like x 1
  11. Beat Active Player

That's funny, I didn't know I said Tanks or Healers are bad ..
    I didn't .
    I merely stated a verifiable, and obvious fact.

Tanks and Healers are. Not. Necessary.
    Key word NECESSARY. In Duos.
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

On my main alts, I have everything for double roles and even separately for combat roles ... but I would like to know OP's nickname in order to be sure that I will always be in the role of a tank or a healer if I accidentally meet him (though I'm afraid that even so, I will have more damage (how can you be in the Duo for 20 minutes ... it has to be disgusting DPS ...) :p
    • Like x 3
  13. Beat Active Player

Understandable, there's nothing exactly wrong with playing Duos as a tank or healer, it's really just preference.

For example. You might not mind doing an elongated duo that you could've done for half the time with the exact same rewards.

But me Personally I'd rather be time/reward efficient, and complete it as fast as possible (Especially since duos don't have great pay offs in the first place).

This is all just my opinion though, that actually is agreed with in game.
  14. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Another instance when dps + enhancer (i prefer that term over support since they enhance dps's efficiency/survivability) is when new content drops and you run the elite version. Almost always much better to run dps + enhancer then it is to run dps + dps in new elite duos.
    • Like x 1
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Or you could just use lfg to get your own partner? Or you can take advantage there being a tank or healer in the group and use a more optimal loadout?

Why should others change how they play just because you aren’t good enough to solo dps a duo out of all things?
    • Like x 6
  16. Beat Active Player

Trust me, I am a good Dps at worst. Average on a bad day.

I prec bosses for survivability and flexibility, Might for adds for more even split burning.

No matter how you cut it, A Dps with max SP, max Arts, Max gear will still have decent burn at best when he's the only one in ELITE.

Just compare 2 to 1.
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm not a fan of it either. But here's the thing: they probably aren't on the forum. They don't care what you want. They can do whatever they'd like, same as you. The game needs more support roles, not less so if someone only wants to be a healer or troll, good. But in the end, it's a dumb post because it's always going to happen even if they read this post.
    • Like x 3
  18. Beat Active Player

Not really.
    I've ran multiple times where I'd join a lobby where the Tank or Healer was left by themselves wondering why.
    I just LOL, because I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

But I agree with your statement "They can do whatever they like".
    Exactly so don't call us a**holes when we leave before it even starts.
  19. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

My earth tank would probably only do 10k less damage then you tbh
    • Like x 3
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You said when you do a duo you set up your loadout to survive. So if you have a healer or tank you can use a dps focused loadout. It’s common sense. If you have a tank than all adds are grouped up so you can hit more easily. If the tank has boss aggro than you don’t have to worry about getting interrupted or worry about kiting as much. If you have a healer you can let adds group up on you and dps while the healer heals. If the healer is healing you in a boss you don’t have to worry about the extra damage.

So if you’re as good as you claim than having a support role doesn’t make equal to half damage. You should be able to take advantage of what you have. When I see a tank I get happy cause I can cut loose. If I see a healer o can forget about survivability. If I see a troll I can take advantage of stuns and debuffs. Learn to play off what you get
    • Like x 8