Please add new Difficulty Level: Easy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Sep 16, 2021.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Fantastic. So what's the problem now then?
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Came into a DWFr last boss off omni last night. The clock was already at 122 min. I was a backfill and another spot was open. When I got to the door, there were a few in and a few putting in shout stuff like 'OMG' and 'Stop already'. Apparently one guy kept going in when people were either not ready, not in the group(such as when I spawned in) or still at spawn from the previous wipe. A few kept going in thinking it was starting, or out of reflex but with only 3 or 4 people in room...wipe again. I guess they were all kick locked because after watching this a few times and dying once, someone sent me a tell asking to please kick 'NAME' so being a good team player...I started what ended up being the fastest vote ever. Not to have a 'then everyone stood and clapped' moment, but I did see a few shouts of 'thank god' and 'thanks'.

We waited for a few backfills and after another 17 min...we finally beat it, although with 2 heals, 2 tanks and a troll that would not throw debuffs, that might have been 'quick'. I'd like to take a lot of the credit (I came in 122 min late and ended at 2nd DPS only by a few 100K, had 5 pickups and didn't die once), I'd think the one guy false starting things wasn't helping either. I ran Pug DWF at level....these runs are as bad or worse...I don't care what the advertising says about feeling 'powerful' still. There are some powerful dummies out there....THAT power was not clamped.

Some cats can be herded...some need to be put outside (or down).
    • Like x 2
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Okay, but what about Unholy Matrimony? I needed 40cr + to get through that.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

LFG players still struggle with Unholy Matrimony and Darkseid’s War Factory.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The request is a little more than that...
    Literally asking for more for doing less.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So how is that any different to normal-only feats? Like all the people coming into the normal version of the Legion Alert after maxing their renown just to farm 1st boss adds?
  7. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Event mode shouldn't be permanent. Event should be there to allow players to experience the new content with zero effort, learn the mechanics and learn their abilities. It should be used as a stepping stone towards Normal content.

If the content is too difficult, you need to step back and reassess your gear, abilities, loadouts and whatever else and come back to it later with better knowledge and understanding.

If Event mode is made permanent, it would destroy the work that the stat clamp is doing. At this point, adapt or get left behind.
    • Like x 1
  8. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]

I really wonder how some of these people manage to function in the real world without assistance.
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

This game is 10 years old. We can’t afford to go around gatekeeping at this point.
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

That's on you then, not on the game. If you needed 40cr + to beat UM, it's just more proof that your skills are at fault.
    • Like x 1
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What are they struggling with exactly? You can't just pew pew pew your way through that content (couldn't do that when it was new, shouldn't expect that now). Be specific.
    • Like x 1
  12. OnlyNomad The One Above All

This game holds your hand enough already, let go and learn to fly on your own.
    • Like x 1
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I never said they weren’t. We all have different skill levels.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Just general confusion and uncertainty with second and third boss fights. The game doesn’t really tell you what you’re supposed to do.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No one is asking for exclusive feats. And as of now, there have been requests for a little more rewards for longer/"harder" older content to incentivize those areas over the current super-farm content. There are also long standing requests for harder content, and for newer content/locations. The last thing we need is for them to put more effort into easy mode beyond what they do now already.
  16. OnlyNomad The One Above All

My youngest (10 years old) plays this game, he has no issues running normal content and he's a pretty casual player (338 CR, Artifacts between level 80-100).

Whenever he struggles with something he asks me for pointers, tips and tricks, etc. DCUO is hands down one of the easiest video game out there, the system is literally designed for a child to understand. Even the blocking system is designed after rock, paper, scissor.
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Does your kid have autism, Dyspraxia or ADD?
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No offense, but there are guides...here...YouTube...or just your friends/league in game, or god forbid someone were to look at the powers themselves, select a few that seem to work together and just practice on a sparring dummy...try a few things on their own. A few players keep their LOs close to their chest, but most will tell you to use a few go to moves, weapons or artis that should have a noticeable improvement(and maybe some to totally avoid). Yeah, there are 'optimal' loadouts/artis or advanced processes like clipping or arti switching that might take practice and a physical skill some can't manage, or doing things like changing movement or powerset some can't afford...but none of those things should be needed. And while we can't assume everyone in the game is aware of things in here, we can assume that Sammy, as a poster and visitor in these forums, is.

Hey, I'm not opposed to 'easy' mode going back in....apparently we had it right before the clamp. I mean, as everyone was able to 'one shot the bosses' and stuff....just probably don't need any additional rewards added if that were the case....that's kind of double dipping, no?
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

No, but luckily the game is pretty inclusive. If you suffer from disabilities that hinder your ability to complete normal content then maybe it would be best for you to find something better suited to accommodate your special needs.

I think the devs make a fantastic job of making this game accessible to a lot of people but they can't have literally everyone in mind. You have to understand and respect your limitations.
    • Like x 2
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You don’t need to be elite or even high functioning to complete <Regular> content in the game
    • Like x 6