Thank you ALLIES. I'm done.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Major Shenanigans, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Moneygrab Universe Online Strikes again! But the whales will still keep the lights on!
    • Like x 1
  2. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

3. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

I'm enjoying Flashpoint batman at least
  4. Heywiar Committed Player

Can you elaborate please? I haven't played in weeks and am not really sure what happened! Boosted as in overgeared?
  5. Toshknight Loyal Player

i appologize it was a gift for when sony was hacked, they gave everyone the items below, , the pre order items, ranged from a joker and batman trinket, to facebook gifts, catwomans claws, all kinds of stuff, and of course the batman legends, and joker from arkham asylum, which they released later on again, but yea these were not pre orders you had to be subbed when sony got hacked, for 30 days, the servers were all wonky, i remember, cause i was only subbed to everquest 2, and SWG had just gotten shut down 2010, and i was mad, and playing swtor sadly

im not talking about the Dark knight cowl that comes in two styles, helmet and cowl version, that was 2000 , 1900 for members, around the time BVS symbols came out, cause i bought them, here is a site that talked about the inspired cowl more in depth
    https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Batman-Inspired_Mask

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Toshknight Loyal Player

back from the hack or something feat, with the two face and batman inspired mask i believe

[IMG]

and what really sucked it wasn't account bound, you had to log on the characters you had at the time to get it, so if you collected the items on a non batman esk character you had, or any new characters, it was all on you, SOE would not give that thing to anyone, AT ALL, i tried, lol
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well from the Update Notes today, it looks like they moved Legendary Alliances into the Cyborg vendor...so there's that. Takes a bit of the edge off. I'm still not buying any, but if I were, I could get the cats in game without having to grind them out.

Now if only Cyborg sold chunks of 'favor'....
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It sounds like they’re going to be redeemable account wide going forward as well, I think they’re just figuring out what to do about the people that already bought them.
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, I'd hope they'd do the same as they did for the people who bought all the episodes and Lair/Utility pack when that all went free. Say 'thanks' and move along.
    • Like x 3
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I mean, that’d suit me if it got it implemented sooner, but I don’t know, seems a little ruthless. :p
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I just wanted to say: send a jersey with the words: "thanks for supporting the game";)
    • Like x 2
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You guys are so mean! :p
    • Like x 2
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Solowing is contending that people only were able to complete the content before because when there was no clamp they were carried, or their gear overpowered them enough to beat the content with no skill or mechanics knowledge. It's pretty much a fallacy some are pushing out there. In reality, no matter how good a few players are, in content where 7 or 8 are now required those good players can still fail unless they are willing to either A) form a group or B) teach a bunch of noobs (some of which can't be taught)...and if you are forming a group, you can still get through the content being carried by the 6 or 7 competent players.

It didn't really 'expose' a bunch of people...it just made them get better at forming groups to hide in.
    • Like x 5
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This seems appropirate....maybe a 'mastercard' or 'steampay' one?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Easy enough to figure out.....
    they can just give us 12 Cosmic Chroma Materials for each Legendary Allies we bought more then once.

That should cover it. ;)
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You’re not helping :p
    • Like x 1
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Have you returned yet?
  18. Saami Loyal Player

I did some testing with lvl 6 Zoom. It hits around and about 140k dmg total for 5 training dummies. Not very helpful, but in group of 8 it could make some difference. Assuming that all have damaging allies.
  19. Heywiar Committed Player

Thank you for clarifying!
    • Like x 1
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm waiting for ObsidianChill to do his inevitable video on Allies before I level any of them. I've not ever bothered using them so far, and I can't imagine I will until they get artifact-level abilities (and I doubt they ever will).

I see them mostly as flavour and an assist for learning players?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.