Anyone think Superman/Wonder Woman will have lairs as well?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FoolsFire, Sep 16, 2021.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I'm waiting to get the Batman because I've always wanted an outdoors Themyscira lair. And am hoping Wonder Woman day might bring us one.
    • Like x 7
  2. Eve YouTuber

I sure hope so. Themyscira inspired lair would be so cool, as well as Fortress and Oa ones.
    • Like x 6
  3. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Here's hoping.+1
    • Like x 1
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

We've talked about many of them. Depends on how this one does of course but Oceans is super excited about more iconic lairs.
    • Like x 17
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I think it’s dependent on how the Manor Lair sells.

I had some daybreak cash lying around, so I bought a Manor. I’m not sure I’ll use it (maybe on my neglected villain alt); but the Manor is a nice addition, and I would like to see more lair styles like it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

Also to clarify - Themyscira Lair isn't happening for WW Day this year but yes, we have talked about it for the future if things go well with the Manor.
    • Like x 14
  7. Eve YouTuber

Did you guys also consider just adding base items packs? Even from stuff we already have, like "Atlantis Pack" and "Statues Pack" (updated one) If not existing items - exclusive base items is cool too!
    • Like x 2
  8. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

Loving this Manor lair, I haven't spent this much time decorating a lair ever
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yep - all on the table. Which you get from the Developer Office Pack.
    • Like x 10
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sooooo.............. when can we expect a Superman Lair???

Next Monday???
    I'm a patient guy.... I can wait for next Monday. ;)

But seriously........

Tel Ocean.... Great job.
    Love this Lair.
    I will spend wayyyyyyy too much time this week-end decorating them Lairs. ;)

Also.... good job on the Iconic weapons.
    I think you are behind that??
    You knocked it out of the park.

People are responding real well to them Iconic weapons.
    I keep on getting a billion questions about them.... I can barely keep up answering the questions.... and lots of people look at my videos on them weapons.

So... good job good Sir. ;)
    • Like x 3
  11. Eve YouTuber

Haha love that reply!
    • Like x 2
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yep. I'm adding Kalibak's Beta-Club, Joker's Golf Clubs, Two-Face's Tommygun, Captain Cold's guns, and... Captain Boomerang's.. well you get the gist. I'll chip away at them over time as I can.

EDIT - I'm a dirty liar. The boomerangs didn't have client support in time but it's in the pipeline for the next client update after Fall Seasonal.
    • Like x 11
  13. myandria Item Storage

I could not wait and I hope that we get more iconic lairs as well; "gotta collect 'em all!" :D
    • Like x 3
  14. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

How about some iconic meeting tables for our base or league hall ? Like the JSA it drives me crazy that we got one for the Crime Syndicate but no JSA or JLA .
    • Like x 3
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

Either a mini-FOS or open world Themy could be cool but if they are going to run with more atypical lair models, I'd really like to see something based off of the House of Mysteries instance.
    • Like x 4
  16. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

I agree. That would be awesome. Between the atypical layout and the secret door...im friggin stoked to see what's in store. My wife and I have been discussing how cool it would be to have working doors for our bases/league halls.
    • Like x 4
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The problem with this approach is that you may have hordes of players chomping at the bit for a different base theme but maybe the manor isn't as highly desired (not saying that's the case, it's very well done and probably highly coveted). For example, with the movement mode styles, I know you guys have said they weren't big sellers so they got shelved. But I've heard countless comments from players saying that they would have bought one or more if their desired color option was available.

Perhaps polls or some other tactic can be used to gauge consumer interest as opposed to a random dartboard test market strategy.
  18. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Oooooh, lot of good news in here!

In terms of base themes, I would also love a Clocktower base, a Teen Titans Tower/LexCorp/Skyscraper or loft with big windows overlooking the city type of base, a circus or funhouse base (would tie in to several characters like Nightwing, Joker, and Deadman all at once), and oooh maybe even a base that's like a chunk of Arkham or Stryker's or Belle Reve or another of DC's cool and iconic prisons!

For iconic weapons... hmm.... I know they've established that things like a Catwoman whip or Wonder Woman lasso aren't possible on a tech level so those are off the table, can't ask for them, but maybe Catman's brass knuckle like claw things, Nightwing's escrimas with the tazers and all (think I heard that was being worked on, actually), really any of the Bombshells weapons like Batwoman's bat and Huntress's crossbow guitar, Heatwave's flame guns (would also work for a Firefly type look), slingshot like often seen used by Golden Age Robin and Carrie Kelly if possible
    • Like x 1
  19. Bodziony Active Player

Is it possible to get Batman’s Batarangs as a Martial Arts style?
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

I tried it recently and I couldn't get the hand holds to change with my own designer edits (holding the batarangs more in the middle) and the animations seemed to have the batarangs cut into your head due to that. I could release it like that but 1) there's that thing I just mentioned 2) they will not replace the shuriken when using that attack - that level of customization is not available.

I was going to ask character art to make another variant with different hand holds that MA could hold better. I could just release what we have now and update later I suppose...
    • Like x 4