Why the Next DLC is the most Important DLC of All Time…

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Sep 15, 2021.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ehhh....maybe fix a few outstanding things before putting on an ad campaign.
    • Like x 2
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

He tried swinging it back to the main topic. But here we are.
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Can episode 42 (or this game) succeed under the weight of this high level of expectation???
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It seems you answered your own question. I do find it punitive and malicious in punishing those of us who have succeeded at reaching the heights of end game. I can’t speak for anyone else but 10 CR above the content is insulting to me. As others have said, I will stick to end game content when I do play and everyone else can be happy with the content they enjoy.

I find the demonizing and name calling on here to be necessary just because an opinion differs from someone else’s.

This is a big change...and it's gonna take a while to adjust to it. This is the period for it”, which is why the purpose of this thread is discuss the importance of Ep. 42 to one and all.
    • Like x 4
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I think it will because of brand loyal bread-and-butter customers if no one else.
    • Like x 2
  6. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Well you could think that but the 800 people on our discord all agreed but if you like rock. Im sure the new owners of the game will keep spending money just like they have so far no matter how many people log in each day ..hahaha
    • Like x 1
  7. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Gosh, I leave the thread for a few hours and it gets hijacked by the clamp.

On Topic, my stance hasn’t changed. I just hope this new direction pleases the majority.
    • Like x 2
  8. spikeat Well-Known Player

Don't set your expectation too high or you will be in for a big disappointment. It's the same dev team so it will most likely be the same usual content we always get.
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I believe the dev team are doing the best they can with what they have to work with given the directives from the powers that be. Ep. 42 will be the first truly new dlc from under the new owners. We don’t know what their timetables are or their budget. I truly believe that they want to make EP. 42 something awesome, and I hope they will succeed in doing so.
    • Like x 2
  10. zNot Loyal Player

Did the new owners have no impact in the last few episodes? Are you sure the next DLC and beyond has the benefit/impact from the new owners?
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

From what I have read, Flashpoint was developed prior to the close on the deal. Ep. 41 technically is the first dlc under EG7 banner but Ep 42 will be the first traditional dlc created under the ownership of EG7. EG7 is a gaming company conglomerate as opposed to an investment firm. This is why I have high hopes for Ep. 42. I truly believe it will be something awesome to make up for Ep. 41.
    • Like x 1
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Interesting so you think the new owners are the main reason for this episode 41?
  13. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Yes I do.
    • Like x 1
  14. zNot Loyal Player

Never thought about that,its great they like higher difficulty i suppose?
    i hope they will continue going this direction regarding higher difficulty for the new Elite raids in episode 42 aswell.
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I believe they will. EG7 is a professional corporation and I am certain they are lending some of their talent and other resources to Daybreak, and specifically the DCUO team. The want a return on their investment and it is up to them to work hard to insure that happens, which I believe they are doing at this moment with the development of Ep. 42. Ep. 41 laid the infrastructure and Ep. 42 will build on that foundation. Just look what they did with the new HoL. It is beautiful. The new Manor Lair, beautiful and impressive. Just imagine what Ep. 42 is going to be like. =^_^=
    • Like x 1
  16. zNot Loyal Player

Yes from what ive seen it looks really amazing espeially considering what we usually get (no offense) there has been alotttt of effort put into it. It definetly makes sense that the new owners were the reason for this.

Do you know what EG7 did to other games it bought off in the past? How did those games do after EG7 took it over? Is EG7 known to do high difficulty content?
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

EG7 is a European company. Their marketing arm, Petrol, is/was involved in marketing Call of Duty. I know they like 1500 gaming titles so they know what they are doing. As a specific game(s) I can’t answer that.
    • Like x 1
  18. MrWood Well-Known Player

Not only going to be the DLC, but the marketplace prices. If they keep releasing stuff at this ridiculous high pricing then you can kiss even more people goodbye.
  19. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Wrong. This time they took away the 'BUILD' aspect of a mmrpg where the point is to build a character, to make it stronger. They effectively undid ten years of effort. This is not anything like the previous changes to the game.

bUt WhAt aBoUt SkIlL pOiNtS and ArtIFacTs?

Yes, I guess we could build them now instead. But how long before they get clamped too? I don't trust them not to do it which saps my motivation to play.

Its ruined how I spend my free time. I don't want a different hobby. I want to keep building inside DCUO.
  20. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

Nothing wrong with going to the forums in my off time people sure are weird. I'm enjoying my time elsewhere greatfully. One of my longest played game DCUO will probably not leave my mind with all of the experiences and friends I have made for many years, I only want to see the game improved. Some people seem to misinterpret moving on by that I mean I'm not playing it at all but I like being here to give suggestions to see this game succeed in a good direction and potentially return

I have already made up my mind on what kind of game DCUO is right now and its not for me at the moment. Based on the way the devs handle improvements It would take a really good showing of competence and creativity to make my eyes sparkle once again is all I'm saying